Hello from a smoker who started Vaping recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Congratulations on getting it right and quitting smoking!

cbf7c8d1ee4020861f4ea25fb6a1d144.jpg

I am sorry to hear your dealing with cancer, but these days cancer is far more treatable with far higher remission rates than ever before.. good luck to you in your fight.

I do welcome you to ECF, and hope your journey here is both enjoyable as well as helpful to you..

Last edited:
Reactions: A701

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
Hello to All,

I've been smoking for over 15 years and the side effects of that got me to look into vaping. I've tried vaping with friends years back but didn't enjoy it like smoking, I was doing direct to lung DTL that caused me to cough a lot and headaches, so I gave up and went back to smoking. Skipping forward to January 2019, the shop where I regularly buy my cigarette from recommended to try heat not burn tobacco HNB and sure enough I did and got impressed, but it didn't feel right, so I started searching about HNB and figured it is like MTL vaping. I then started MTL searching and how it differ from DTL in atomizer, mod power, and etc.
On Feb/18, I visited a local shop to gain more knowledge and to make a purchase, after spending over an hour checking different options and e liquids, I bought a 50W nautilus zelos 2.0 kit, and three 30ml tobacco flavour in 18mg/ml nicotine regular base. The 18mg/ml was high for me, so I went back to the store and change the unopened liquid for 12mg/ml.
My cigarettes use got lowered to 1-3 cigarettes from 20 a day, and thats an improvement for me, but I wanted to cut down to zero. So, then I read of (dual use) with a pod system can help especially if it's a salt nicotine base, so I went back to search for MTL pod system, and that took longer than I expected as there are many options to choose from; however, I couldn't get the one I want with (restricted airflow), and instead got a nord by smok with a 15mg/ml salt nic. This dual use (mod/Pod) setup helped me tremendously. I now use my nord instead of the times I smoke 1-3 cigarettes, and my nautilus takes care of the rest.
I apologize for the confusing introduction, and thank you for supporting people such as myself to kick the habit.
Hello,
This is my second week on the vape.
BG, 10 years of 1pack day.
Happy to share my ups and downs.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/a701.343633/, If you crave a cigarette here and there while you are sorting out all the options with vaping, don't let it bother you. I continued to smoke while starting to vape. In the first week I vaped I found myself only smoking here and there. Vaping was fascinating and there was a lot to learn.

I continued to vape 24mg juice and smoke about 5 or 6 cigs a day (down from 2PAD) for most of my first year vaping. One day, I decided it was silly to smoke since vaping was satisfying my nic needs. I didn't buy another pack and had no more urges to smoke. I could have quit any time and didn't know it.

Let the vape tell you when it's time to quit. Over time you can play around with lower nic levels if you want to and you might find that lower nic becomes satisfying. If you drop too low and find yourself chain vaping you can always up the nic and find your optimum nic strength.

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
Congratulations on getting it right and quitting smoking!

cbf7c8d1ee4020861f4ea25fb6a1d144.jpg

I am sorry to hear your dealing with cancer, but these days cancer is far more treatable with far higher remission rates than ever before.. good luck to you in your fight.

I do welcome you to ECF, and hope your journey here is both enjoyable as well as helpful to you..
Thank you. I can't imagine doing this alone, it's a privilege and an honour to be around ECF members. :)

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
Welcome and congratulations.
What airflow setting are you using and what pg/vg is your juice? You should be getting a minimum of 2 weeks regardless of flavor with authentic nautilus coils.
Thank you, :)
I got the airflow set at first three wholes, E liquid started with 50/50 with a 1.8ohm coil at 10-11w, I'd go up to 13w whenever I do a refill to clear the gurgling. But after a month on this setup, I realized PG was triggering skin rash, headaches, mouth blisters, and really dry mouth/nostrils. So I stoped vaping, and went back to smoke (but not a full pack, surprisingly 3-4 sticks a day) for three days, and Yes, I can confirm it's something with vaping, so went to google and there it was, PG may not work for some people. So, I went to visit another local shop and asked for higher VG, lower PG, so I got 70/30pg. Symptoms are less, less headaches, less dryness in the mouth/nose, but still get skin rash but not as bad. With this I started at 8w and moved my way up to 11w just experimenting, and 11w does it for me so far. I also got the 1.8ohm NS coils from the 2nd shop just to try, and yes they wick better in my opinion. No cotton taste as fast when chain vaping. It's not as bad now, or it can be just be me. :)

Reactions: Letitia

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
Hello,
This is my second week on the vape.
BG, 10 years of 1pack day.
Happy to share my ups and downs.
Thank you for stopping by, and congrats, please keep sharing. So far, this is where I can get good influence, and learn on how toxic it could've been. Try to vape through it, and Vape on :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dukefleed

A701

Apr 7, 2019
Toronto
@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/a701.343633/, If you crave a cigarette here and there while you are sorting out all the options with vaping, don't let it bother you. I continued to smoke while starting to vape. In the first week I vaped I found myself only smoking here and there. Vaping was fascinating and there was a lot to learn.

I continued to vape 24mg juice and smoke about 5 or 6 cigs a day (down from 2PAD) for most of my first year vaping. One day, I decided it was silly to smoke since vaping was satisfying my nic needs. I didn't buy another pack and had no more urges to smoke. I could have quit any time and didn't know it.

Let the vape tell you when it's time to quit. Over time you can play around with lower nic levels if you want to and you might find that lower nic becomes satisfying. If you drop too low and find yourself chain vaping you can always up the nic and find your optimum nic strength.
Thank you for sharing. :) my line was at one pack (20cigs) a day for many years.
I chain vape due to work, lunch times are short, so rushing is kinda given. It's better now with (dual use) pod.
congratulation, I'll join you one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread