Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself briefly: I'm Alex, 42, from Cologne, Germany.

I smoked pyros for almost 30 years. (Yeah, I did start young.) I had vaguely looked into vaping for a few months, but the whole matter seemed rather complicated and initially expensive. (And I was right on both counts, too.) A few weeks ago, I was thoroughly fed up with the fact my number of pyros had risen from about 30 to about 40 a day, due to me discontinuing an anti-depressant. I had hoped to be able to cut my pyros to around 10-15, which seemed to be do-able.

Falling for the outdated information that people who smoked two packs a day need not look into anything smallish, I ordered a cigar. Which was actually not exactly working perfectly. (It has been exchanged for a working one by now, no fuss there at least. And cigars are not bad, either. Just expensive when it comes to spare parts.) Then somebody from Cologne offered two spare 510s with a PCC, and he was kind enough to let me have it on the same evening when the original cigar just would not do its job any more.

With the 510, I smoked about 15 pyros the next day, and two on the day after that. Noticing towards the evening that I had just smoked two, I thought, maybe I can handle a few hours more, until after training. I could. After training, I thought, maybe I can handle it though the night. I could. And then I could handle another completely pyro-free day. W:DW!

Of course, with my luck, on that evening, one atty broke (I may have overdone the cleaning), leaving me with only one atty left. Which meant pyros, lest I break the last one. One Hurray! for a vendor that usually just sells mods and spare parts for those - two days later (one of which the letter sat on a shelf somewhere in the depths of the post office) I had four more attys, and not a pyro since. That was on the 28th of November.
Not too bad, considering that I had never intended giving up pyros completely. :thumbs:

Naturally, I went on a safety shopping spree after that which I could not really afford, but when two more packages arrive in the mail, I really should not have to worry about being without hardware any time soon. (That will be 15 atties and 9 normal sized batteries and 4 megas. Plus passthrough and PCC. Enough till next year. ;)) And lets not even mention my juice stockpile. (Approx. 280ml flavoured and 70ml unflavoured.) Which aquired yesterday the addition of several Flavourart flavours and no-taste-juice, so I am now very happily mixing and matching. :cool:

Now if I could just stop flooding those atties … :oops:

Alex

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
Hi Alex! I am a first generation english/german american. My dad emigrated when he was very young. hope things are well for you folks. I know I have relatives, just no idea where!!! Good luck on vaping, its surprising how easy it is, isn't it? Try to only put 1 or 2 drops on an atty to keep from flooding. I still flood them sometimes, but its better than the icky carts. well, hope to see you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread