Hello from New Member & Thanks for accepting me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone,
I'm fairly new to vaping, started in Sept 2017. I'm now at the point that I've begun researching everything I can find, to learn how to safely build and use my own coils. Ive just updated my 'About Me' profile info. Im hoping to learn a lot from all of you and also to make some new friends.
Have a great day,
-David

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    giphy.gif

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Welcome to ECF David, and congrats on switching to vaping, that's great. Doing some research prior to purchasing a rebuildable tank is a great idea and will probably help you out a great deal. I don't know if there are particular tanks you are interested in, but the rebuildable forum is a great place to start checking things out.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Anna

Good morning. What rebuildables are you interested in?
    Hi, to get myself started in the rebuildable arena I bought a KangerTech DripEZ. I know that not many people liked it because of awkward size or they thought it was ugly; but it appealed to me. I've also bought a Dead Rabbit. My first mod was a SMOK GX 2/4. I really liked it but I dropped it after my 3rd week and it hit in such a way that the 510 base-connector got dislodged from the mod and is now forever stuck to the bottom of the big baby beast tank. I cant get it separated. So, my 2nd mod was a minikin reborn, with a Vakyrian sub-ohm tank. It gets really good flavor. I like it a lot. I also got a limted edition VGOD ELITE 200 Steel. I'm thinking about getting an Athena, but I need to learn more about mech mods first. I'm totally open to suggestions.

Last edited:
    Hi and welcome, David. We're a pretty friendly group, and there are lots of experienced vapers here willing to help you out and answer questions.
    Hi, thanks. I'm looking forward to a good learning experience and getting to know everyone.

Welcome to ECF David, and congrats on switching to vaping, that's great. Doing some research prior to purchasing a rebuildable tank is a great idea and will probably help you out a great deal. I don't know if there are particular tanks you are interested in, but the rebuildable forum is a great place to start checking things out.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Anna
    Hi Anna, thanks a lot. Have a good one.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello and welcome to ecf. Dead Rabbit rba's are quite popular. So when looking to ask about it in the the rebuilding forum look under the rba section. They rba's are a bit different that a rebuildable tank(RTA) so you may be interested in something along those lines also.

:)

Thanks and yes, I am most definitely interested in a rebuildable tank. I've seen quite a few that are configured with the coil/deck located above tank/e-liquid. I don't understand how those work; i.e. what action forces the liquid upwards to saturate the wick? Hope my I can find the answer to that, and many other questions.
    Thanks.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    Thanks and yes, I am most definitely interested in a rebuildable tank. I've seen quite a few that are configured with the coil/deck located above tank/e-liquid. I don't understand how those work; i.e. what action forces the liquid upwards to saturate the wick? Hope my I can find the answer to that, and many other questions.
    Thanks.
    Wicks with good capillary action bring the juice up to the coil from the tank below. Many find rayon or organic cotton to be the wick of choice. There is a wick and wire sub forum in the forum I linked in my post above. I'm currently reading up on rayon wicks in this thread:
    Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
    I don't think it is necessary to read the first part. Jeremy did a great job of summarizing part 1 in the part 2 intro.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2013
    New York
    I will add that I think it is better to read some on building coils and choosing wicks before jumping into it. While practice and "just doing it" are a great way to learn, reading what didn't work for others is probably more important, in my opinion. It is a skill, and will likely take a few attempts before you get a great result. So if it doesn't work out the first time, keep trying :thumb:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Regardless of what you start with, build simple single round wire coils. First attempt may not be pretty but will probably work. Wicking is where you'll have more of a learning curve to get there. Still not hard, just a bit tedious at first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread