Hello Guys and Girls. :-) Can anyone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd

Feb 17, 2009
London, United Kingdom
What a great forum you've got going on here :)

Im new to this whole e-smoking thing and have a few questions for the veterans out there.

1> I've been doing some research and it seems that people are most torn between the DSE901 and the M401/Evo there seems to be many more people people that own a 901 than a 401 so that may be a reason why the are both fairly evenly matched... Anyway im planning on buying my first E-cigarette on Friday and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions over which one to get 901/401. I realise it is a presonal desicion that will vary from person to person but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I guess the most important thing for me is the feeling of "smoke" going down my gullet, whenever i've tried to quit smoking using that crappy nicorette inhalator thats been the biggest thing to go without..

2> I live in the U.K can anybody point me to a UK supplier for an M401 that does fast shipping? I think e-cigs does the 901.. but not the 401.

3> does the 402 produce more smoke than the 401? Whats the difference?

4> Why do people tend to prefer dripping? does it produce more smoke or more flavour?

5> How is everybody today?? :D

Thanks in advance, :rolleyes: Much love,

Ed

breezy

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Sunny, FL
I am pretty new to this too, been here since December. I think the 901 has been around longer than the 401. I have an Evo and a Dura, I go for the longer battery life, I dont like to be bothered with charging and keeping track of batteries.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the battery on the 402 is longer than the 401. Not sure.
I dont drip often only when I dont have a full cart or dont have time to top off my cart. Some people like it, I once again dont like to mess around with it, I just want to smoke it!
Hope this helps, I am in the US so dont know who to buy from in UK except for the evo.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum.

As Breezy says, the DSE901 has been around longer, it's been tried and tested and most people think it's a relatively decent device.

This is a good UK shop - e-cigs.co.uk but they seem to be out of stock a lot. Another good one is The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP -

For the M401 the nearest good place to order from is Holland I think - LITECIG

The Evo is a version of the M401 and can be found here - Electronic Cigarettes, Electric Cigarette, E Liquid, Alternative Smoking

I prefer dripping because it's less hassle and more satisfying than cartridges.

5/ I'm fine today, thanks.

x

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Dripping can be very nice. One of the reasons being, you can regulate just how much your actually intaking. Because once you start vaping, it's very easy to lose track of time and the amount of nicotine your ingesting. Usually for me,(901) 1-2 drops on the atomizer will compare to the amount of a single cigarette. I end up vaping all day anyway! :)

One quick question :) is it still possible to drip with a 401?

It is possible... but slightly more difficult to drip with the 401 as compared to the 901. The atomizer is exposed in the 401 so if u don't drip slow and careful and have patience you get it on your hands (you are not supposed to get it on your skin) and it can flood your battery if you use more than 2 drops.

It does give a harsher taste and feel.. but you go thru atomizers more quickly that way I have heard and they are on average $10-$15 (US) a piece.. not sure how much EU. Maybe Kate can answer that.
I also think it depends what kind of liquid you use to drip.. I think VG clogs the atomizer faster than PG? Not sure.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
ED,
i'll bet you will not be able to contain yourself from wondering what you are missing and will end up with both like most of us:p. I do prefer the 401 overall, but the 901 does give a little stronger throat hit. your best bet for a 401 in the uk is the evo from intellicig. breezy has it backward, the 402 is a shorter battery, they are otherwise the same. i dont drip as i feel it increases chances of disaster. well i do drip, but into the cartridge;). throat hit can have as much to do with the liquid as the device. and lastly, im doing fine, thanks for asking:D

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I've heard that dripping might kill atomisers faster but they are so delicate anyway I can't imagine it makes a massive difference.

New atomisers retail for around £7-£10 from what I can remember. I buy guaranteed ones so don't have to pay often. Talking of guarantees, Litecig offer six months on their products, if you're the type of person to follow up on warranties this is a great deal, no more buying replacements once you have your kit and some spares for down times.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I believe Kate is right Ed, I've been hearing the same thing about expediting the life span on atomizers lately, but I also hear, not to let the atomizer run dry. For £7-£10 or $6-$10 a shot, it's still out weighing analogs by a mile! I wish you the best of luck and either way I think you'll be happy with your decision. :)

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Dripping the M401--all I do.

Takes some practice (the Peewee or 901 is easier to drip), but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

You just squeeze the bottle till a drop forms, then touch the drop to the wick (steel wool) material. Repeat.

As far as refilling carts, I got pretty sick of that with the 401 cart size, so I just took the cart out.

I've found that the wick on the 401 can hold about 4 full drops, or about 5-6 if it's completely dry (if you've drained it/blown it out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread