Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    German Shepherds sure do rock alright! They are one my three favorite breeds (German Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher, and Belgium Malanois). I'd trust my life to a German Shepherd over a firearm any day.

MGerwig, thank you. And, welcome to you as well.

I'm definitely going to build coils soon because I love the big clouds that rebuildables can make. The prebuilt subohm coils don't look like they make as thick of clouds as rebuildables, though, they are bigger than MTLs. Do I need an ohm meter no matter what kind of rebuild able I do?

No, you don't need an ohm meter when using a regulated mod. The mod itself can serve as a meter.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Like the swag 2! Think I could fit a 25mm zenith tank on it?
    Yes.

I thought a lot about getting into rda, rta, and the like. However, I can't help to think that I would end up turning myself into charred piece of meat.
    i thought that, too. Then built an RTA, made an awful mess of it, rebuilt it, and have been using it happily since. Then built a dual coil one and it tasted like a charred piece of meat when used but didn't turn me into one. Then built an RBA that short circuited minutes after i started using it. The regulated mod told me so; it and i are fine. Then built a different RBA that leaked all over everything within a 5 mile radius. The neighborhood had to be evacuated in life boats but everyone survived.
    So, if you're as clumsy & dumb as me, you may make a bit of a mess until you get the hang of things but should remain un-charred. If you're smarter & more adroit, like most people, you'll be fine and won't even have to call FEMA. Enjoy yourself.

Reactions: r77r7r

GreenKnight

Jan 23, 2021
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ahh, see? When you said "we" in your thread, I thought it was you and this guy. lol. :lol:
    Haha (nervous chuckle)...I didn't think of that when I read.

Thank you, somdcomputerguy!

MLEJ, that pretty much sums it up how I feel. However, you guys are giving more confidence to do builds. I started looking at online stores last night, but the reputable store that I know is VaporDNA. Can you guys recommend a reputable one-stop shop and what gauge of Kanthal wire ought I get?

Reactions: MLEJ

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Can you guys recommend a reputable one-stop shop
    There are oodles of online vendors, none of them one-stop. That is, none have everything that you might want in stock; not for hardware.
    At your stage, i'd recommend a local vape shop as your best option. If they're any good, they'll guide you in getting started (selling you stuff on the way, of course).
    Your Nord 2 takes SMOK RPM coils. There's an RPM RBA you can get.
    You'll need a mod that takes tanks, not just Nord & Sceptre pod kits, if you want to use RTAs. Many here can recommend mods and RTAs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread