hello I'm brand new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshAkaPb

Sep 12, 2017
I got an eleaf ikonn 220w mod vape for my bday and ive literally have messed with every single temp things in wattage, temp m3 m2 m1 ss ti ni I am currently running at 230 Celsius at 30watts with a triple cylinder .2ohm 50-130w coil power 98 watts at .5 seconds.... Every thing is out of wack can I do a factory reset or what does my stuff got to be set at? How or what do I do to change it all? Thanks in advance

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, welcome JoshAkaPb, glad you are at ECF. You've provided a lot of information kind of mashed together, so I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. It sounds like you've been trying a lot of different coils, settings, and whatnot, and you want to get settled on a stable vape with your device?

Could you list the COIL types and SETTINGS you have used so far, and what the results were with each?

For example: Coil material, resistance, and what wattage and/or temperature you tried things at?
Certain coils can only be used in Temp mode, such as Ti coils and Nickle coils.... Other coils such as SS can be used in temp mode or wattage mode. Wattage and/or temperature settings will change the vape of your device.

I don't know what you mean by a "factory reset," but if you are wanting to return to the simplest setting you can use, you will want to be in WATTAGE mode, with a kanthal or SS coil, ideally slooowllly and gradually increasing your wattage until you get to a satisfying vape for YOU. Coils will have recommended wattages, so you can check those out, but it is fine to vape BELOW recommended coil wattage, just don't go ABOVE it.

If you can, find a YouTube review/demonstration of your device, so you can figure out how to handle your settings, and to get them back to where you want them to be. I'm not familiar with your device, but I have found that it's easiest for me to get a sense of my mod by watching a review or two, not just reading the manual.

Finally, what kind of resistance coils are you using in the tank that came with it? Some new users sub0hm, this means going below 1.0 resistance coils (this should also be printed on your coil) and usually a direct lung inhale, which is straight into the lungs and often not how many smokers smoked, so it's sometimes easier to start out with a simpler device that more closely mimics the act of smoking.... If you have all sub0hm coils you may want at least a different tank that will give less vape, and you vape it more like a cigarette, with the vape kind of pooling in your mouth, then being inhaled. Typically, MTL higher ohm setups require less juice (but sometimes at higher nicotine levels), but you go through less juice than if you were using higher wattages, lower resistance, and generating more smoke-- you are inhaling more so it's at lower nic strength as you are absorbing far more of it. With that said, many new users do great with DL sub0hm setups, and prefer that vape style. You may need to experiment.

Finally, calm down! It's going to be okay, but you may be trying to run before you can walk, and that's causing frustration.... If you can let us know a *bit* about what was going wrong (and right) as you tried various coils and whatnot, that will probably let us help you better. I know it's overwhelming with a brand new device, but let's break this down nice and steadily, and people will be along to help.

Just start with: what's happened so far, and what is working or isn't, and we can go from there. But do try finding a review of your device, so you understand and can work with it's capabilities, whether it's your "forever" vape, or whether you may need to tweak some things. It's going to all be okay, but sloooowww down a bit and provide a bit more info, that will help others to help you. :)

Good luck and welcome to ECF!

Anna

Berryknight

Sep 13, 2017
Fir
I got an eleaf ikonn 220w mod vape for my bday and ive literally have messed with every single temp things in wattage, temp m3 m2 m1 ss ti ni I am currently running at 230 Celsius at 30watts with a triple cylinder .2ohm 50-130w coil power 98 watts at .5 seconds.... Every thing is out of wack can I do a factory reset or what does my stuff got to be set at? How or what do I do to change it all? Thanks in advance
st off all you should be sure what kind of coil you are using right now

Reactions: stols001

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

"WARNING: This is an advanced Item. Please use at your own risk and always use proper precautions and handling."

"The one issue might be that it could be too much for beginners and would suit someone who is looking to upgrade to something more powerful. Overall though we would recommend it for anyone who loves those big clouds or performing tricks, but beginners would probably be better going for a more basic kit."

As a brand new vaper, this mod is too complicated for you. That is not an insult so please don't take it the wrong way. When starting out, keep it simple. You have a mod capable of all kinds of fancy tricks. TC mode requires nickel, titanium or stainless steel 316 coils, but the mod ships with Kanthal coils. Just reading your post, I can tell how frustrated you are.

Put that mod in a drawer until you master vaping using a much simpler device. I recommend an Evod or Evod ll kit. It is hard in sub ohm vaping to get the level of nicotine needed to get you off the stinkies. You would be happier with something that can handle 12 to 18 mg of nicotine. Sub ohm vaping maxes out at about 6mgs.

There are other choices besides the Evods that I mentioned. I like those because they are super simple and a kit will get you two full pens and is the most economical option. Something from the Innokin Endura line would be more robust but a kit for one unit would cost about the same as a kit with 2 Evods. Whatever you decide, I do recommend a pen style unit for anyone just starting out.

You can figure out that fancy mod after you have gotten used to the ins and outs of vaping. Congratulations on your decision to make the switch. You won't regret it. Always remember that questions are welcome here. My advice comes from experience so I hope you take it in the spirit it is meant. I quite on a pen unit more basic than the Evod and switched to an Evod like eGo device for a couple of years more. I have fancy mods now but still haven't mastered TC. :) We both have time, and more of it, thanks to quitting the cigarettes.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Press the fire button three times in rapid succession. It will ask you what mode you want. Use the "+" and "-" buttons to scroll through options.

Stop on "wattage." Mash the fire button to confirm.

Then use the "+" and "-" buttons to find a setting you like.

That's the reset.

You have a very nice, very powerful device there, with a lot of bells, whistles and other distractions that can be overwhelming. You would do well to start simpler, like @PJReid suggests.

We don't want ya to get frustrated and give up.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
If you learn the basics,you can easily progress and learn about more advanced (RDA's) vape equipment.
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread