Hello! I'm Cantankerous Old Phart and this is my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found and purchased what I later found to be a 'Vape Pen' at an estate sale. Not being familiar with this vice I commenced disassembling it to determine what made it tick.
I have determined that it consists of (starting at the bottom and progressing upward) a spring loaded push-button switch sporting a logo denoting it as a product by Atmomixani. It is threaded into a tube consisting of two pieces threaded together. One of them bears a logo and lettering that says 'Nemesis' and the number 6342. When I got this pen this tube contained a battery. I examined it and determined that it wasn't leaking and disposed of it (I don't like to guess with second hand batteries ).
Next is what I believe to be a re-build-able atomizing deck with a logo and the name svoemesto. It will apparently disassemble into many smaller components to facilitate rebuilding. The top of it reminds me of the 'Tin Man's' hat from the 'Wizard of Oz'.
The next section is another tube with a diameter that is quite similar to the battery tube but is only about three quarters of an inch long. I assume this to be a vapor chamber as it was quite oily.
Topping the device is a perforated cap for the chamber that reduces the diameter to accommodate the removable mouthpiece.
All of these components are non-magnetic (no glass parts) and I assume them to be stainless steel.
The battery tube with the 'Nemesis' markings has some tool-marks that imply that the previous owner had some frustration issues. All other surfaces show wear and scratches and all of the various o-rings would warrant immediate replacement if I was going to put this device to use.
With all of this in mind I have no use for this device and will be happy to sell it to someone who is interested in it but I don't know how to find someone who is interested in it.
Can you educate me? Any help will be appreciated.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
Unless you can authenticate the devices, they are presumably clones of the originals.
Photos can help, but if they are clones, they may have a residual value of about $15 each depending on condition.
If the Nemesis had an 18650 battery installed, then it is missing a component called the "kick" tube and is NOT complete.
The Svoemesto is called a Kayfun.
Many models of the Kayfun have been released by the OEM and by Chinese clone manufacturers.
Many are virtually identical and difficult to authenticate.

You may offer them for sale here in the classified section, but it is suggest that you achieve 5 posts to activate Personal Messaging for communicating with prospective buyers.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
I

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Drat! I was hoping this would be simple! I suppose that I shall have to get off of my ascot and photograph the components. Maybe tomorrow!
Hello, nice to meet you. Out of interest- do you mean an actual Ascot camera, or is this more of a joke?

Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
'Don't know what an Ascot camera is. It was a feeble attempt to avoid the inevitable censors.
Ascot was a company that made folding cameras like 100+ years ago, I came across the name while watching random youtube videos a while ago (about modern photographers trying to utilise antique cameras), having too much time on me during lockdown :)

Hi and welcome,
Unless you can authenticate the devices, they are presumably clones of the originals.
Photos can help, but if they are clones, they may have a residual value of about $15 each depending on condition.
If the Nemesis had an 18650 battery installed, then it is missing a component called the "kick" tube and is NOT complete.
Many models of the Kayfun have been released by the OEM and by Chinese clone manufacturers.

You may offer them for sale here in the classified section, but it is suggest that you achieve 5 posts to activate Personal Messaging for communicating with prospective buyers.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
I

Hi and welcome,

Hope that helps.
Cheers
I
Do the fakes also display the proper logos? If so, how does one begin to authenticate a piece of equipment?

Reactions: stols001
Well... I'm not contankerous, I am getting old and I do Phart. Just have to ask... do you even vape? I wouldn't expect to get much for any of that stuff (just being honest)
Nope! Not a vaper. I'm pushin' 70 and it doesn't strike me as a hobby that I should try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread