Hello! I'm vaping since 2016 but I still need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
Hello! My name is Artemis and I live in Quebec, Canada. I started vaping in 2016 and I still need help figuring some things

I started on an eleaf istick with a aspire K2 tank (bvc coils) and 6mg 50/50 e-liquid.

A year later, I bought an eleaf aster and I kept my K2 tank (and for the e-liquid 3mg 50/50 watermelon ever since).

I love the vaping experience I get with this mod/tank but my eleaf aster kept breaking every 8months (stuck firing buton) and I have difficulty to find it on the market now (same thing for my aspire K2 tank).

So I tried 2 other mods (eleaf pico 75w and Tesla cigs punk 85w). The pico came with a tank but I really didn't like it (vapor too hot and too difficult to vape) and with my K2 tank, the coils burned too fast (2days). With the punk, I kept my K2 on it but the feeling was not the same (my mouth was dry).

I vape 10ml of juice a day at 8w.

I wondered if you could suggest something similar as the combination of the eleaf aster/K2 tank on the market today.

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my english, french is my mothertongue

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I wondered if you could suggest something similar as the combination of the eleaf aster/K2 tank on the market today.

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my english, french is my mothertongue

Your English is perfectly understandable. I doubt the same could be said for my French, sadly.

With your background and preferences, I'd recommend one of these:

* Sorry, I don't know why these links are pointing to the US site. Dashvapes is in Canada, so just make sure you're on the Canadian site if you want to buy something there.

That's the Innokin Zenith or Zlide tank (the Zenith and Zlide are similar and take the same coils) with a basic single 18650 mod, similar to your Aster.

You'll find there are a number of different coils for the Zenith / Zlide tank, ranging from 0.3 to 1.6 ohms. The 1.6 ohms coils should be most like your K2. You'll probably get more vapour than you're used to, but it should be only a few times more and not enough to overwhelm you.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So I tried 2 other mods (eleaf pico 75w and Tesla cigs punk 85w). The pico came with a tank but I really didn't like it (vapor too hot and too difficult to vape) and with my K2 tank, the coils burned too fast (2days). With the punk, I kept my K2 on it but the feeling was not the same (my mouth was dry).

There's no reason that a coil would burn on the Pico 75W but not on the Istick mod other than wattage being too high on the Pico 75W. Just turn the wattage down, even if it was the same wattage as on the Istick. The Istick calculates the applied voltage differently than the Pico so the settings are both mods aren't apples to apples.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Hi and welcome.

I do hope you get a solution.

I started off with iStick 30ws and a Nautilus Mini and have used the K series tank like you and still use and like my iStick 30w and Nauti Minis but I also now use Innokin's Zlides and Zeniths which work very well for me.

The only thing I've found with the excellent Innokin Coils is that they can lack flavour when they are new but after a couple of tanks of liquid they are just fine.

I do agree with the comments about playing around with the wattage on your mods, but it's just possible you've had some duff coils which are performing well/burning out quickly.

Welcome again!

• Informative
    Reactions: MLEJ

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
    Your English is perfectly understandable. I doubt the same could be said for my French, sadly.

With your background and preferences, I'd recommend one of these:

* Sorry, I don't know why these links are pointing to the US site. Dashvapes is in Canada, so just make sure you're on the Canadian site if you want to buy something there.

That's the Innokin Zenith or Zlide tank (the Zenith and Zlide are similar and take the same coils) with a basic single 18650 mod, similar to your Aster.

You'll find there are a number of different coils for the Zenith / Zlide tank, ranging from 0.3 to 1.6 ohms. The 1.6 ohms coils should be most like your K2. You'll probably get more vapour than you're used to, but it should be only a few times more and not enough to overwhelm you.

Hello! Thank you for your answer! Both of you suggest me that tank brand/model so I will try it

I never used a tank with airflow (mine have juice hole). How do you use it? My vaping is pretty much chain vaping/MTL. Do I close it or open it a little?

Thanks again!

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
    There's no reason that a coil would burn on the Pico 75W but not on the Istick mod other than wattage being too high on the Pico 75W. Just turn the wattage down, even if it was the same wattage as on the Istick. The Istick calculates the applied voltage differently than the Pico so the settings are both mods aren't apples to apples.

Hello! Thank you for your answer

I'm glad you said that (all mods are not the same) because when I asked for advice in my local vapeshop they told me that the wattage was the same on each mod

The pico also gave me the same feeling as the punk, my mouth was dry and pasty with each draw.

I will try the suggestion for the tank first and then I'll try to find a new mod (pods tend to give me stomach ache)

I have a preference for tube mods, with repleacebale battery and temperature control, so if you have any suggestion, feel free to tell me

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
    Hi and welcome.

I do hope you get a solution.

I started off with iStick 30ws and a Nautilus Mini and have used the K series tank like you and still use and like my iStick 30w and Nauti Minis but I also now use Innokin's Zlides and Zeniths which work very well for me.

The only thing I've found with the excellent Innokin Coils is that they can lack flavour when they are new but after a couple of tanks of liquid they are just fine.

I do agree with the comments about playing around with the wattage on your mods, but it's just possible you've had some duff coils which are performing well/burning out quickly.

Welcome again!

Hello! Thank you for your answer

You are the second to suggest Inokon Zlides and Zenith so I will definitely give it a try.

I am not big on flavor (my e-liquid is pretty subtle) so it won't be a problem for me.

About the coils, I agree, some can last 1 to 2 weeks and other 2 days even on my Aster

Have a nice day!

Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Old school, I know but try your iStick or one of the Innokin rechargeable mods such as the Coolfire Mini ( always have two with you), with a Zenith or Zlide with 1.6 ohm coils at the same wattage as you did your iStick and set the tank initially with two airholes open and I think you'll get a vape like you used to enjoy but a bit better.

I spent many years in Spain and what I liked about mods with rechargable onboard batteries was I could plug them into any cafe/bar/restauarant to top them up when out and about.

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
    Hello it's me again!

Thank you to all of you who welcomed me!

So, I bought the zenith 2 tank today (I couldn't find the zlide) and it is disapointing I don't get the same pleasure that I have with K2 tank. The vapor is to thick and it makes my mouth so dry (I tried playing with the wattage and the air holes).

I guess I will never find anything exactly like the K2 tank but the fact that it's not the same pleasure makes me eant to go back to smoking because I guess I will never find the exact same feeling with another tank.

I tried to find it to buy it but I can't find it anywhere...

Thank you for your suggestion, I will give a try again in the next couples of days but I am not very optimistic...

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    The vapor is to thick and it makes my mouth so dry
    I presume you're using the stock 0.8 ohm coil that comes installed in the Zenith II? I would suggest trying a single or pack of 1.6 ohm coils to reduce the feed of juice to your coils. This should reduce the vape production. I would also close the airflow all the way clockwise (fully closed) for the most restricted MTL possible. Also, are you using the black or delrin drip tip?

ArtemisBlack

Aug 22, 2021
    I presume you're using the stock 0.8 ohm coil that comes installed in the Zenith II? I would suggest trying a single or pack of 1.6 ohm coils to reduce the feed of juice to your coils. This should reduce the vape production. I would also close the airflow all the way clockwise (fully closed) for the most restricted MTL possible. Also, are you using the black or delrin drip tip?

Hello! No, I bought a pack of 5 1.6 coils with the tank.

I am using the MTL drip tip (so the most narrow) which is the black one.

I tried playing with the airflow and I agree that the closest feeling to my K2 tank, is when the airflow is fully closed.

But it's still the same after a couple of days using it...

I bought the aspire ET-S tank because it uses the same bvc coils as my K2 tank and it seems more available on the market (I should receive tomorrow).

Maybe my vape style is inherent to the bvc coils feeling

Thank you again for giving me advices!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread