Hello! Issue with Kanger Top Box Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am new here so hello to everyone!
I have an iLeaf TC40W & using the Kangertech Top Box Nano. Been using it for several months now with no issues. Works great! Just put in a new SSOCC coil, primed it, etc. At first was not firing, but now there is a 3 to 5 second delay to fire.
Unscrewed it then screwed back on, thinking it may be too tight. No change.
Tested with my Aspire mini and works fine.
Why is this happening just because I changed the coil?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Maybe there is an issue with Nano - particularly the contact portion of the nano or maybe it is a bad coil or maybe the coil is not screwed in properly. I've had nanos in the past and sometimes they would mess up and have had all of the above happen to me.

First thing I'd do is unscrew and re-screw the coil again just to be sure it is seated correctly (and use a paper towel to clean up any juice in there as well as the groove/rim) I've even used a teeny tiny dab of alcohol to clean the stem and the grooves.

If that does not work - change the coil and test again.

If that does not work - If you look at the part that screws into the tank (turn it upside down) is it seated properly in the center. Sometimes mine would go off to the side and VERY gently I'd use a screwdriver to coax it back into position.

And if all else fails and you like the toptank nano ---I was checking out the clearance sales at eightvape and they have the toptank nanos on sale for 4.99 Kangertech TopTank Nano Sub-Ohm Tank

Hope it is something minor....

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Heh. My only point of contact with a Kangertech was a CLTANK I got got as a backup device for the Cubis Pro.

Mindlessly screwing in the coils gave me a 75% chance of failure, meaning the coil wasn't recognised because it didn't make proper contact with the 510 connector part in the bottom of the tank, so I had to pay extra attention to screwing in the coils after each tank re-fill (because the coil comes out with the top cap part).

After about 2 weeks of this misery I was completely fed up with it and sold the tank on Egay.
Bye Kangertech, may we never meet again ^^

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Heh. My only point of contact with a Kangertech was a CLTANK I got got as a backup device for the Cubis Pro.

Mindlessly screwing in the coils gave me a 75% chance of failure, meaning the coil wasn't recognised because it didn't make proper contact with the 510 connector part in the bottom of the tank, so I had to pay extra attention to screwing in the coils after each tank re-fill (because the coil comes out with the top cap part).

After about 2 weeks of this misery I was completely fed up with it and sold the tank on Egay.
Bye Kangertech, may we never meet again ^^
I like Kangertech still but I have had the same thing occur. I also have a nebox that I sometimes use because it is compact and holds 10ml --and even with the Rba piece the top cap sometimes get stuck inside.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have an iLeaf TC40W & using the Kangertech Top Box Nano. Been using it for several months now with no issues. Works great! Just put in a new SSOCC coil, primed it, etc. At first was not firing, but now there is a 3 to 5 second delay to fire.

Hi and welcome,
Which SSOCC coil did you install? (resistance/Ω?)
How many watts are you using ?
Does the new coil gurgle or spit?
Is the "aspire mini" a tank or a battery device?
If you have another SSOCC, swap it in and see if it resolves the issue. Bad coils happen.

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).

Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific coil information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Reactions: Izan
Hi and welcome,
Which SSOCC coil did you install? (resistance/Ω?)
How many watts are you using ?
Does the new coil gurgle or spit?
Is the "aspire mini" a tank or a battery device?
If you have another SSOCC, swap it in and see if it resolves the issue. Bad coils happen.

Cheers
I
SSOCC .5
18 watts
Yes, it gurlgles and spits juice since I changed the coil.
Aspire Mini is a tank

I have tried 3 coils now. Have two left.

I am going back to the vape shop tomorrow and see if they can figure it out
or at least swap out the coils. Something has to give! Gonna go buy a whole new set up or something!
I really like the Kangertech I have. Did not have any issues whatsoever before changing the coil.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Did e-juice ever get to the connector point where the tank threads to the mod?
If so, cleaning that will help.

Clean it anyway. Wutheheck it won't hurt to try. Start with a dry paper towel and see if it shows any soiling. If you see a stain, viola! Could be the problem.

Did that.....no help!

Reactions: United States
Did that.....no help!
Well, I went to the vape shop today and had a very knowledgeable young man help me out.
My tank is working now! Yaay! Really did not do much except upped the wattage and changed
the coil again. But it's working and that is all I care about. Will go back to this shop for any
issues for the kind help this young man gave me. I ended up buying some juice and a tip as well.
Thanks all for your responses and help!

• Winner
Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread