Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Is there a 12 step program for us? :D

Seriously, I received my first kit 4 days ago and haven't touched a cigarette since. Still searching for that juice that does it for me, but until then I'm having fun trying the various flavors out there. Although I must say, Belgian Cocoa is starting to really grow on me. Might have to get a 30ml bottle of that stuff. :D

Reactions: joltfreek

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome aboard Retired 1, I am retired also and a 50 year smoker who tried to quit MANY times until I bought my first (cheap) e-cig. I haven't smoked a real cigarette since. I give this advice a lot, go to the top of this page, click on Info Zone and read all of the FAQs about e-cigarettes. There is a wealth of information to get you up to speed on all of the terms like PG, VG, Carto, Tank, VV, VW and the list goes on and on. Finding your "Holy Grail" of device, delivery method, and juice is the goal of everyone on these forums. Many, many opinions. Final piece of advice: Research, research, and research some more before you buy anything. None of the vaping devices are perfect and none of the juice flavors will satisfy everyone.

Best Wishes
Wabbit

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Oh hell. The past 3 months has been nothing BUT research and reading! Bought 2 eGo C Twists with an assortment of tanks and clearomizers. I have 3 favorites so far, the MT3, Vivi Nova and an iClear 16. The MT3 is currently getting the most use.

This wasn't something I approached lightly and did tons of reading and asked a LOT of questions to a few friends who also vape. I'm sure they're glad I finally pulled the trigger on a kit as I'm no longer asking them questions. :D

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Oh hell. The past 3 months has been nothing BUT research and reading! Bought 2 eGo C Twists with an assortment of tanks and clearomizers. I have 3 favorites so far, the MT3, Vivi Nova and an iClear 16. The MT3 is currently getting the most use.

This wasn't something I approached lightly and did tons of reading and asked a LOT of questions to a few friends who also vape. I'm sure they're glad I finally pulled the trigger on a kit as I'm no longer asking them questions. :D

Glad the MT3 is workin' out for ya. I haven't had much luck with it.

:)

JD

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hi there! My name is Chimney & I too am a vapeaholic! Welcome to ECF & congrats on making the switch!! I've got my device down & am extremely happy with it & now I have a fair amount & variety of juices that I like! I'm still sampling things here & there as well! I think that this forum is our support group. Since I know that I'm not the only one who's obsessed it makes me feel better! :p Oh yeah...& there are a lot of great people here as well as wonderful information to help further our obsession! :toast:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Snagged some Black Cherry and Strawberry juice this afternoon. Much better than the tobacco flavors. But... The search continues.

(Why do I get the feeling this is NOT going to be a cost saving venture?
lolaway.gif
)

USNRET

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hello Retired1!!! It looks like there are a bunch of us retired guys and girls here on ECF. juice , juice and more juice what I have found is the bigger named suppliers have there juices stock piled so when you recieve the juice you ready to filler up but the smaller suppliers that make each order as the recieve them the juice has to steep for a few days or weeks! We order our go to juice far enough ahead for the steeping time and keep a bottle from a big named supplier in standby if needed. When we started this quest 59 days ago my biggest worry was we would run out of supplies or bust a battery or what ever and start the analogs again but tomorrow is 60 days smoke free!! so I think a steake is que. Keep it going it is for the betterment of our kind (the retired kind that is)

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Friends who don't really get vaping as a "hobby": "Vaping?!? Oh cool! You'll save a ton of money that way, I'm sure!"

Me: "You mean I'm supposed to try and SAVE money with these things?!?!" :D

That's a close favorite to my all time #1 "OH! So when are you going to quit THAT?"

Congrats retired1 for making the switch, and welcome to ECF :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread