Hello! New to DIY. Nicotine seems peppery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jered

May 12, 2018
West Michigan
I just started DIY juice mixing, and i've been running into a couple problems. Before DIY, i was vaping premium juice at 6mg. When i bought my first batch of 12mg nicotine 100% vg, i shook the nicotine, i diluted to 6mg, and it seemed really peppery at times. I tested both my vg and pg separately. And it ruled those out. I ruled out flavoring by trying unflavored 6mg. I am able to vape 6mg if i keep it under 40 watts, but then i experience leaking. So i know now that i must do max vg and high watts(40-60 as my aspire cleito suggests)So i bought some new nicotine thinking i didnt shake well enough, i made sure to shake the new bottle like crazy, but still found it peppery. My question is, do most premium juices use sweeteners to mask the nicotine? Does steeping remove the harshness of nicotine? Thank you!

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nicotine does naturally have a peppery flavor to it. That's why it has a "throat hit" component to it. With a higher grade nicotine liquid I'm told this seems to be less noticable.

I've read that vg helps smooth out the harshness that nicotine or Pg may have, but I see that you use 100% vg. Many commercial e-liquids do add sweeteners.

I'd hazzard to guess that your source of base nicotine may be your culprit.

Jered

May 12, 2018
West Michigan
Then that's not likely a factor. It can experience too much heat during shipping, but that will be more of an issue in a month or two than it is now.
Thank you. I guess the million dollar question is, Why is my diluted 6mg unflavored nicotine practically unvapable due to pepper taste compared to every premium 6mg i've vaped? I've ruled out vg/pg, i've tried different companies(with same results), same setup, and i use syringes and a glass beaker to measure my test samples.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread