Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
Wow - that is a nice looking tank. I am not familiar with it and was looking around and it looks like they are all kanthal heads.

I did find this 'The Conquer is also compatible with Smok Baby Beast coils, Vaporesso NRG coils, as well as the original ProCore coils." (SOURCE Espion Infinite w/ ProCore Conquer by Joyetech - $94.99 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA)

They all look like wattage coils to me? ---- others may have additional input.

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Thanks for finding that info. Joyetech has ProC1, ProC1-S which are Kanthal, and ProC2, ProC3, ProC4 which are NiChrome. NiChrome being 80% Nickel and 20% Chromium I would think it would work in TC Ni Mode. I asked Joyetech, still waiting on an answer.
You're welcome. I don't think any of those coils will work in temp mode. I looked at all those coils on the joyetech page and all the compatible ones and if you look on the pages it only lists wattage.

What struck me as a bit odd is that they would pair the very cable mod box with a tank that cannot do temp mode.

I like the look of that tank and the capacity. Neat looking!

You could always pair up a different tank with it that takes temp mode or an rba head or rta type of tank if you make your own coils.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for finding that info. Joyetech has ProC1, ProC1-S which are Kanthal, and ProC2, ProC3, ProC4 which are NiChrome. NiChrome being 80% Nickel and 20% Chromium I would think it would work in TC Ni Mode. I asked Joyetech, still waiting on an answer.
NiChrome is not tc compatible. SS, Nickel, and Titanium are. Maybe this will help...
http://www.djlsbvapes.com/different-wires/

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
Thanks Letitia, it does help. I found a head with SS316 coil, the ProC-BF. Joyetech's ProCore Conquer web page says ProC heads are applicable. Am I missing something or will these run the Conquer in TC mode?
ProC-BF.JPG
Parameter.JPG

• Useful

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay here. Pretty sure those coils are all kanthal coils. Although checking with the manufacturer might be helpful. Sometimes joytech tanks can be somewhat capable of taking other coils from Joytech (although I'm not sure that's the case here) and/or accepting other manufacturer's coils. Coils are kind of the "juice" of tankmakers, so there does seem to be a bit more cross pollination of late.

I don't own that tank so I'm not clear if it takes another maker's coils, but if it does, there may be a reasonable chance that you can find a TC capable coil and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks Letitia, it does help. I found a head with SS316 coil, the ProC-BF. Joyetech's ProCore Conquer web page says ProC heads are applicable. Am I missing something or will these run the Conquer in TC mode?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Might like to read:
http://..................com/thread...what-is-happening-to-your-mod-in-each.319678/
Temperature Control: What It Can Mean for You
https://spinfuel.com/all-about-temperature-control/
Temperature Control
Temp Controlled Vaping Rocks
Temperature Control Explained | E-Cigarette Forum

• Useful

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay here. Pretty sure those coils are all kanthal coils. Although checking with the manufacturer might be helpful. Sometimes joytech tanks can be somewhat capable of taking other coils from Joytech (although I'm not sure that's the case here) and/or accepting other manufacturer's coils. Coils are kind of the "juice" of tankmakers, so there does seem to be a bit more cross pollination of late.

I don't own that tank so I'm not clear if it takes another maker's coils, but if it does, there may be a reasonable chance that you can find a TC capable coil and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna
Thanks Anna. I need to come up with an alternative tank, large, top fill, with TC mode coils. Any thoughts?

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Might like to read:
http://..................com/thread...what-is-happening-to-your-mod-in-each.319678/
Temperature Control: What It Can Mean for You
https://spinfuel.com/all-about-temperature-control/
Temperature Control
Temp Controlled Vaping Rocks
Temperature Control Explained | E-Cigarette Forum
Thanks BrotherBob. Just sitting down now to check out the links.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually don't. I vape MTL so most of the RTAs I use are MTL RTAs. The only thing that I could remotely recommend would be a Hussar clone, I got mine from 3FVape, I think FT sells them too. They're kind of appealing (and IMO kind of more suited to DL vaping, although you can get a MTL insert to cut off airflow. It was the first RTA I built successfully but really, I am almost 100% sure you could do better. The Engine 2 is just coming out, so far reports are positive but I think that's a much smaller juice well than you may want (I think it's an RTDA?)

I might post in the rebuildable section of the board and look there for old posts. There are tons of atomizers that I'm sure would suit you, and you'd get more of a sense of what's out there.

I'm not at all saying the Hussar is bad, it's kind of versatile because you can get various coil and deck and tank options, but I'm also pretty sure that you'd get much better recommendations from folks who have a ton of experience with DL.

Best of luck,

Anna

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
I placed several calls to Heather's Heavenly Vapes to ask about the compatibility, but got no callbacks. I contacted Vaporesso company and asked if any of the NRG coils work in temp control mode. This was their response: "The metal type of GT core is Nickel-chromium alloy and you can not vape under TC mode, but our GT CCELL core`s wire is SS, then you can vape under TC mode". So I ordered a 3 pack to try, still relying on Heather's comment that the Conquer is compatible with NRG coils. Thanks to everyone that took time to help me.

RonHy

Jun 12, 2018
Quick update. Heather is correct. I got my GT CCELLs and they look functionally the same. Same 4 ports for ejuice, same threads in the same locations, coil elements looked similar, and they screw in the same. I drenched the ceramic and was using it immediately. Best of all, I don't get bounced out of TC mode, because this coil is stainless steel. About an hour after I set it down on my desk there was a puddle around it. I took the Conquer apart and noticed there did not appear to be O-rings or seals. The glass tank is in direct contact with metal on top and bottom. I made it tighter than I did before and it has not leaked. Thank you to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread