Status
Not open for further replies.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Hi everybody. Totally committed new member, looking for support to kick analogs to the curb. What I've done, so far. Much research. Purchased Itaste MPV 3 and nautilus 5 ml tank. Itaste VV4 750 Mah and nautilus mini tank. I understand the atomizers/coils are interchangeable and BVC are best, so I grabbed a few 5 pks of those also. Our shops and lounges in Orlando are so expensive, I've bought everything online.

I'm wanting to go all organic, if possible, and don't want PG, if avoidable. That being said: The first juice I bought is Cool Fresh which was recommended because it is most like my brand (Marlboro Menthol Lights.A pack and a half per day.) And it is PG/VG blend. Anybody familiar with this juice?

Second, I found an organic site, Virgin Vapor, but they were out of stock on the Best Tobacco, so I went with 100% VG 18 mgs
  • Organic RY4Play
  • Organic Georgia Gold
  • Organic Menthol Moon Drops
  • Organic Southern Exposure
  • Organic Death By Chocolate
I'm wondering if I can mix these organics, for eg. put a few drops of menthol in the Georgia Gold? I know VG gunks up coils, but have heard distilled water helps. How much water should I add? Has anyone else tried these? Anything I need to know about mixing these? How long do I need to saturate the wicks before vaping? I'm not into heavily fruity or sweet.

Really dumb concerning volts, watts and ohms. I know my BVCs are 1.6 ohms. What do you suggest my initial settings be to break in my sets without burning coils/clogging up my wicks too fast? I'm already on info overload, but there seems to be so much more to learn. All comments and suggestions are gloriously appreciated. PEACE :)

Reactions: salemgold

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Welcome seapeach! It certainly sounds like you've done some good research to get started.
  • Sure, you can mix any juice with any other juice. I add menthol to my juices daily.
  • Distilled water is fine for diluting the VG, a couple drops per tank should suffice...maybe 3 on the bigger Nauti.
  • On a new wick I wait 15 minutes to saturate, just to be sure.
  • I'd recommend you start at 8 watts and move up slowly until you find what you like. I vape between 10-12 watts on the Nautilus, depending on juice.
I haven't used those actual juices...someone else may stop along who has. Enjoy your journey!

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Welcome to ECF!!! Glad to have you here :)

I understand your desire to go all Vegetable Glycerin (VG) but in a tank (The Nautilus & Mini) it will have a hard time wicking. Meaning, the thicker juices won't be able to saturate the cotton in the coil fast enough between hits. I've never experimented with distilled water to cut the thickness of the juice, but I would be worried about separation in the tank.

As far as mixing the different juices, go CRAZY! I personally stick to the same ratios (mix 50/50 with another 50/50) but I've mixed all different ones, and used them in tanks with no issues so far.

I personally use the BVC at 10watts. It's all subjective though (within a safe reason) I know people that bring them down to 7watts, and that is fine for them, but I prefer a slightly warm vape, and 10watts gives me great flavor, and a nice little cloud. I wouldn't go above 15watts with the 1.6ohm coils though.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about the Nautilus & Mini :)

Reactions: seapeach

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Thanks for the invite. I need all the support I can get. I've tried patches, gum, lozenges, Chantix three times. I just like to smoke. So I'm hoping vaping will make the difference for me. Will stop by the front porch and the back porch soon.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First of all, welcome to the forum. :thumbs: You'll find that there are a lot of people willing to offer you their knowledge, experience, and opinions here.

You've chosen you gear very well. Finding the right e-liquid/flavor is the other half of the journey and just as important. If you don't like the flavor, you won't vape it.

I also smoked Marlboro Menthol Lites. I found Smokeless Image's Volt Ice Menthol or NicQuid's Smooththol the closest to the taste of a MML. I still use both of these flavors today, but I've mostly since moved on to fruit, pastry, or coffee flavors. Once you've quit smoking and given your taste buds time to heal, you'll probably discover that tobacco doesn't really have an appealing taste any longer. I now like a lot of variety in my vapes.

I've tried many of Virgin Vapors flavors. I pretty much like the fruit and coffee flavors.

A lot of the knowledge I've learned and experienced is written in my Baditude's Blogs.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi everybody. Totally committed new member, looking for support to kick analogs to the curb. What I've done, so far. Much research. Purchased Itaste MPV 3 and nautilus 5 ml tank. Itaste VV4 750 Mah and nautilus mini tank. I understand the atomizers/coils are interchangeable and BVC are best, so I grabbed a few 5 pks of those also. Our shops and lounges in Orlando are so expensive, I've bought everything online.

I'm wanting to go all organic, if possible, and don't want PG, if avoidable. That being said: The first juice I bought is Cool Fresh which was recommended because it is most like my brand (Marlboro Menthol Lights.A pack and a half per day.) And it is PG/VG blend. Anybody familiar with this juice?

Second, I found an organic site, Virgin Vapor, but they were out of stock on the Best Tobacco, so I went with 100% VG 18 mgs

• Organic RY4Play
    • Organic Georgia Gold
    • Organic Menthol Moon Drops
    • Organic Southern Exposure
    • Organic Death By Chocolate
I'm wondering if I can mix these organics, for eg. put a few drops of menthol in the Georgia Gold? I know VG gunks up coils, but have heard distilled water helps. How much water should I add? Has anyone else tried these? Anything I need to know about mixing these? How long do I need to saturate the wicks before vaping? I'm not into heavily fruity or sweet.

Really dumb concerning volts, watts and ohms. I know my BVCs are 1.6 ohms. What do you suggest my initial settings be to break in my sets without burning coils/clogging up my wicks too fast? I'm already on info overload, but there seems to be so much more to learn. All comments and suggestions are gloriously appreciated. PEACE :)

VG really doesn't gunk coils, though it can gunk lungs considerably. :D Some people have a lot of breathing problems with high VG. Organic flavors, on the other hand, can gunk up coils horribly, and if you're using replaceable coils, that can get expensive -- if you're determined to use organic-only, you may want to learn to rebuild your own coils. Or use replaceable coils with very clean juices that don't contain organic matter.

Welcome to ECF!!! My husband is an old hippy too. :D

:thumb:
Andria

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello, Seapeach and welcome to ECF. You will find loads of support and assistance all at the touch of your keyboard. Some of us took longer than others to totally kick the analogs. But the point is we did quit. Grab your favorite mod and tank, get comfortable in your recliner and vape to your heart's content. :vapor:

Reactions: seapeach

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I don't know if we should say vg gunks up lungs. I don't think that language is appropriate for a vaper to say considering all the false information the anti crowd is throwing out there

Well, it gunks up MY lungs pretty horribly -- and others have said the same; I'm not the only one who finds a lot of breathing problems with high VG.

Andria

Reactions: CardinalWinds

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
First of all, welcome to the forum. :thumbs: You'll find that there are a lot of people willing to offer you their knowledge, experience, and opinions here.

You've chosen you gear very well. Finding the right e-liquid/flavor is the other half of the journey and just as important. If you don't like the flavor, you won't vape it.

I also smoked Marlboro Menthol Lites. I found Smokeless Image's Volt Ice Menthol or NicQuid's Smooththol the closest to the taste of a MML. I still use both of these flavors today, but I've mostly since moved on to fruit, pastry, or coffee flavors. Once you've quit smoking and given your taste buds time to heal, you'll probably discover that tobacco doesn't really have an appealing taste any longer. I now like a lot of variety in my vapes.

I've tried many of Virgin Vapors flavors. I pretty much like the fruit and coffee flavors.

A lot of the knowledge I've learned and experienced is written in my Baditude's Blogs.
I'll check out your blog for sure. If this Cool Fresh doesn't work for me, it's nice to have other options. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Baditude

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
I've tried to contact the online dealer to see if I can change to 50/50. I'm wary about PG, but to my knowledge don't have allergy issues. Would still like to stay with organics though...aside from the PG. The chemical components are half the reason I'm trying to get off analogs. I had a chemist recently tell me that some of the "secret" formulas people guard so heavily have as many harmful chems or more than analogs. He's a wholesale distributor, so I'm guessing he knows his customers.

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
And some have allergies to pg. I just don't think we should make a blanket statement like that without data to prove it. And getting data is hard because of all the variables

Andria can correct me if I'm wrong, Jason, but if she means what I think she does, and since it's an issue I have as well, she is not saying that VG does any damage to your lungs. What she is saying is that high VG liquids tend to cause some people problems with excess phlegm being produced. I have the same issue, as I said. My lungs start to feel uncomfortably "full" and I tend to produce a lot of phlegm in the back of my throat...enough to cough up as your standard "loogie". Not particularly pleasant...but not medically dangerous either.

Reactions: DC2

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
VG really doesn't gunk coils, though it can gunk lungs considerably. :D Some people have a lot of breathing problems with high VG. Organic flavors, on the other hand, can gunk up coils horribly, and if you're using replaceable coils, that can get expensive -- if you're determined to use organic-only, you may want to learn to rebuild your own coils. Or use replaceable coils with very clean juices that don't contain organic matter.

Welcome to ECF!!! My husband is an old hippy too. :D

:thumb:
Andria
I've tried to contact the online dealer to see if I can change to 50/50. I'm wary about PG, but to my knowledge don't have allergy issues. Would still like to stay with organics though...aside from the PG. The chemical components are half the reason I'm trying to get off analogs. I had a chemist recently tell me that some of the "secret" formulas people guard so heavily have as many harmful chems or more than analogs. He's a wholesale distributor, so I'm guessing he knows his customers.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria can correct me if I'm wrong, Jason, but if she means what I think she does, and since it's an issue I have as well, she is not saying that VG does any damage to your lungs. What she is saying is that high VG liquids tend to cause some people problems with excess phlegm being produced. I have the same issue, as I said. My lungs start to feel uncomfortably "full" and I tend to produce a lot of phlegm in the back of my throat...enough to cough up as your standard "loogie". Not particularly pleasant...but not medically dangerous either.

Unless you have asthma, and the VG makes it impossible to breathe! (which does happen to me if I go for as little as 25% VG!)

Even 20% VG gives me that congestion crap in my throat... so I stick to 15%-16% VG, and don't have any problems.

Andria

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
That may be but as ambassadors of the movement we should choose words carefully when speaking to new or non vapers. Some people cannot handle pg so I'd say some people may have allergies to it. Some people may be sensitive to vg I think is a good way to put it. I didn't have a problem with the message. I didn't like the way it was being delivered. Some people can't handle higher wattage or warmer vapes but I believe how we say things matter. I believe how we act matters. People notice our behavior more. If we vape in public it's perceived differently. Terminology is perceived differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread