Hello to all participants !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Mouth to Lung mimics a cigarette. But for many it just doesn't deliver the satisfaction of the direct to lung volume of steam.

I do MtL to mimic my favorite style of inhale, but it requires more nicotine to stop cravings than my wife's version of direct to lung that provides her more satisfaction with a lower nicotine level.

She smokes full flavor cigarettes while I smoke ultralights. We are on the smoking reduction path at this point and started vaping to avoid smoking around the grandson.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome. It's really hard to say which is "better" everyone kind of finds their own sweet spot with vaping. There are many folks who start with a MTL vape and like it and stay with that type of vape. It does have advantages (whether you prefer it or not) such as consuming less juice and requiring less wattage, also easier to "stealth" vape if you want/need that kind of thing... (I'm not recommending that per se, it's just one advantage.)

Other vapers found that DL suited them far better, some folks vaped a long time while still dual using and then found for them DL was what helped them fully quit.

It's completely subjective, so if you can't get your hands on a few different vapes, well , you're going to have to pick one and see how you like it. MTL can be cheaper to start (at times) depending on what you select, and it's more suited (probably) to an internal battery mod so if you are unsure a moderately decent pen style MTL vape MAY be the way to go.

I usually these days, TBH, if someone has NO idea what they want, suggest an inexpensive one or two battery mod without too many bells and whistles, and a sub0hm tank (DL) and a MTL tank to see which you will like better. . If you prefer DL, a decent MTL tank can run you as little as 20ish dollars. If you don't love MTL, well you will have a backup tank and will have quickly discovered your "preferred vape" and if DL, well then you have the MTL for a backup even if it may be your preferred thing.

This gets considerably more involved (and to be fair more costly) as you will need removable batteries and a charger to go with it.. I often recommend the Eleaf invoke for this experiment for a box mod because it is the smallest and lightest 2 battery mod I know of, and it won't break the bank, it's easy to operate, not a ton of bells and whistles, and fairly sturdy construction despite its size.

I do this because I feel bad recommending one style over the other and "getting it wrong" to a new vaper. You absolutely DO NOT have to do things that way, and you could just start with whatever appeals to you most.

Best of luck and welcome. Oh and if you decide to go with the external removable battery here's some info on battery safety (you don't have to read it all immediately) but if and when you decide to get into batteries, well, it's useful information.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Welcome to ECF and I hope it goes well for you,

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Hi, everybody :party:
Take in the ranks of those who quit Smoking !
There are a lot of questions, but the most important-with what "tightening" it is better to begin ?

Welcome to the forum.

I would say too tight is like sucking a golf ball through a hosepipe (I've not actually tried that) whereas too loose is like sucking on nothing at all. In between is a point to suit you, but only you can find it and at different times you may prefer a different point. Tanks with adjustable airflow are a real boon, in my view.

Now I must go find a golf ball. And a hosepipe.

Eduard Sorokin

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2018
Mtl is the one closest to cigs :p (mouth to lung)
Thanks for the reply !
I do MtL to mimic my favorite style of inhale
I want to. Thank you !
MTL is more like a cigarette
Thank you !

Thank you !
I do this because I feel bad recommending one style over the other and "getting it wrong" to a new vaper. You absolutely DO NOT have to do things that way, and you could just start with whatever appeals to you most.
I'll start with MTL, because I think that this style is closer to me. Thank you !
If it's within your budget, get both. Most decent mods are capable of both, and some tanks can do both. I would recommend different tanks though, if for no other reason than it's just easier to swap tanks than change the setup on one.
I also think so. I'll take your advice . Thank you !

Everyone who answered-thank you very much !!!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Adjustable airflow is a must for figuring out your favorite style.

I started out with a joyetch penguin but found it a bit to open flow at first. I placed a segment of clear tape over the airflow and poked a hole in it to adapt to my favorite flow. A few trials with different flow allowed me to determine my favorite flow style without spending money on trial and error devices.

Of course that led to some trial and error later as I began chasing flavor satisfaction. If you don't mind non flavored juice and clear tape on your pod something like the penguin is a great device for getting it done.

If you end up liking mouth watering flavors, then some trial and error in coil pack types will be required to discover which gives the best for you.

But first discover your favorite style of drag.

Eduard Sorokin

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2018
I started out with a joyetch penguin but found it a bit to open flow at first. I placed a segment of clear tape over the airflow and poked a hole in it to adapt to my favorite flow. A few trials with different flow allowed me to determine my favorite flow style without spending money on trial and error devices.
I'll try it when I'm looking for my Zen !!! Thank you !
Hello and welcome to ecf
Hi and Welcome
Hello and welcome.
Thanks !

Eduard Sorokin

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2018
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Thank you very much for the links-i will read!
Hello and welcome to ECF. When you find a setup that you like, buy a second one for a backup.
Thank you very much-will definitely follow your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread