Hello to my new V4L e-family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi all, as you can probably tell ... I'm a newbie here. :)

I received my very first order from V4L a week ago, and I'm DoInG a HaPpY dAnCe!!! Ohmygishgoshyumppinyimminiesakes..... I'm in heaven. :)

My first intro to e-cigs (after going frozen turkey for 10 days) was with GreenSmoke. Ya, I know, I know.... :facepalm: .... but at least they kept me off the analogs until I discovered ECF. :) After becoming addicted to a thread (LOL's) on the new members forum, I discovered V4L. I gotta tell ya, comparing GreenSmoke to V4L is like comparing an M&M to Godiva Chocolates! One is good .. but the other is amazing!

Being the noob that I am, I have a silly question for you. It's probably not V4L related, but more of a general newbie vaping question. I've been reading that staying hydrated is the #1 rule for vapers. May I ask why? What is it with e-cigs that's making me pee all the time. :blush: (TMI, eh?) You'd sorta think that all that water vapor would keep ya hydrated. I guess not, eh? :confused:

Looking forward to meeting / hearing from my new e-fam. {{{hugs}}}

Wintering

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Hello, Wintering, and welcome!

The PG in the vapor (which is what makes the vapor, well, vaporish) is a natural humectant: meaning it seeks and absorbs all the water it can find in whatever it comes in contact with (like your mouth and throat). So drinking LOTS of water to replace the water "sucked up" by the PG is what makes you feel normal, and reduces or eliminates that "beginner's cough."

If you still have throat irritation after a few weeks, you may have a PG sensitivity, and may need to switch to a higher VG vape (or an all-VG vape). V4L's higher VG vapes are the WOW line; they also carry a limited VG-only line.

(VG makes the vapor even more "vaporish"; I don't know if it is also a humectant like PG.)

Last edited:

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
welcome, wintering! great avatar btw
ms. eleanor's absolutely right about PG drying you out...VG (vegetable glycerin) shouldn't dry you out so much, but some people believe that it can mute some of the flavor. Try some of both the WOW and the Premium lines from V4l and experiment!

and isn't greensmoke one of those "we'll ship you overpriced carto's every 30 days" vendors? be very careful and be sure to cancel with them...

Last edited:

Bogey

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Yes welcome! Glad you found v4l! I too started with greensmoke and your analogy is perfect. I had trouble with thier hardware and customer service. (at least they wern' t one of those scam. Companies just way overpriced. hope you find all the answers you need. It's been great since I arrived here a month or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread