Hello vape world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorlaz

Oct 18, 2013
Santa Rosa
:vapor:
Hello everyone! After lurking the forum for about a week now, I decided that I should start a thread. I'm new to the vaping world. I quit smoking two weeks ago after buying one of those gas station e-cigs and I feel great. It works well and it has really helped me in my quest to finally quit this nasty habit of smoking. That being said, the battery life is a pain in the .... and the cartomizers are freaking expensive, so, I'm looking for an upgrade.

After looking at a bunch of threads, I've decided to order a Provari once my paycheck comes at the end of the month! My question is, what kind of tanks do you all prefer? How often do you clean your tanks? How often do you "re-build" your tanks? If anyone can post some links to threads covering this or offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. This forum has been immensely helpful and I look forward to talking to you all for hopefully many years to come.
:) Thanks in advance for your time.
-Thomas

DorsaiMaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
Deciding on what kind of tank to use is going to end up being a very personal choice. Some people like the protank bottom coil tanks, some like the iClear 16 clearo tanks and other really like the cartomizer tanks. There is plenty of information available on the different types here on the forum. It's all going to boil down to what gives you the vape that you are looking for. I personally have found that the cart tanks give me the best vape. It's all very subjective though and you will get may opinions. Try a few out, find what you like.

Nizzlefuzz

Oct 6, 2013
USA
I just got a provari last weekend, that'll be a huge upgrade from your gas station ecig. I'm using a protank 2 at the moment, but just ordered a phiniac carto tank as I've heard good things about them. The protanks can be a bit fickle, but they're rebuildable and easy to tweak if needed. And if you don't want to mess around with rebuilding then the heads are cheap and very easy to change out. I've been using mine for about two weeks and changed the head once. I think I'm going to wait to clean and rebuild them until I have 4 or 5 and can do them all at once. The recommended way I've read for cleaning the tanks and heads is to rise, soak in vodka and then rinse and dry thoroughly.

charliehall72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
Naperville, IL, USA
I picked up a Protank 2 a couple of days ago and I love it so far. From what I hear I will replace the coils and wicks every couple of weeks. I also have a vivi nova that is another excellent tank if you want to try a top coil tank and I clean my tanks just about every time I switch out flavors. Big upgrade from the gas station e cig to the Provari, I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

Snorlaz

Oct 18, 2013
Santa Rosa
Welcome to the club!!!

I rock both my provari's with Kayfun atomizers on top. Sometimes a nimbus... but I never use tanks.

:toast:

Wow, thanks for the awesome responses everyone. I'm going to look around and order a few different types of tanks and atomizers to see which kind I prefer. I'm extremely excited to see what's in store for me in a few weeks. I'm ordering some "juice" from NicoTicket tonight in order to "steep" (I think that's the term I heard on a YT video). Could someone possibly explain to me why we do this? Maybe just to age it a bit and bring out flavor? I'll go ahead and look at the e-juice threads to try and dig something up in case no one sees this.

@Strongbeard, I'm going to look around the forum to see what the difference is between tanks and atomizers. Just because I'm curious, why do you prefer attys over tanks? Would you recommend atomizers for someone new?

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I'm ordering some "juice" from NicoTicket tonight in order to "steep" (I think that's the term I heard on a YT video). Could someone possibly explain to me why we do this? Maybe just to age it a bit and bring out flavor?
Some juices, especially ones with multiple flavors (e.g. apple and caramel as opposed to just apple), taste better when they've aged a little. Gives the flavors time to blend. Kinda like leftover chili is even better than fresh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread