Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hello, are you a veteran in vaping? If so can you please reply to my post in the ask a veteran section?

I'm not sure I'd counted as a veteran as I have no idea where the ask a veteran section even is. Can you just put the question right here? Then there's a better chance of getting someone to read it and help out if they can.

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
Hello, I am a long time vaper. I used the Johnson's Creek Vea and their DNA mod.

Recently I wanted to get into rebuilding atomizers so I bought the Smok Alien 220W TC.
I have not yet used the Clapton coil as I am enjoying the premade coils.

The batteries I am using are the LG he4 and the LG he2 .

I just learned that they have the potential to explode if I am vaping at 150-190W.

From what I am reading I need the LG hb6 batteries. Is this correct?
Also, is the Smok Alien a regulated mod? If so, what exactly does that mean? I've used Google and input "is Smok Alien a regulated mod" but haven't gotten anything in the search results other then where I can buy it.

Reactions: JC Okie

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Hello, are you a veteran in vaping? If so can you please reply to my post in the ask a veteran section?

The section you posted your question is in does not allow anyone to respond until it is moved into the vets section.
If you read the top of the page in that section you'd understand.

No problem or worry you didn't do anything wrong. a forum this size can be confusing to navigate.
Just ask your question here.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Alien is a regulated mod, in that it regualtes the power to the atomizer. It allows you to set the watts. Included with this regulated capability are a variety of protection circuits to hopefully prevent untoward events from occurring.

A few things. First, why do you want to vape at 150-190W?? That's not something most folks go for. Is this with the stock Baby Beast coils it came with? Those will not work real well that high. If you really feel the need to vape at such high power settings, 30A CDR batteries are the safest to use. The LG HB 4 or 6 would be best. The HE4 you're now using is a 20A CDR battery. It's a good battery, but would not be my first choice for vaping at 180W, although it's unlikely to actually explode, just get hot and age prematurely.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Regulated power device in vaping means it has power regulation circuitry, buck boost circuitry, dc-dc converter, amp input & output limits, adjustable power output & built in protections, aka not a mechanical.

Everyone has to set their own comfort level/saftey range when using the cells we use.

My personal battery amp drain saftey limits tend to be on the conservative side.
20a CDR cells 50w - 60w per cell.
25a CDR cells 60w - 75w per cell.
30a CDR cells 75w - 90w per cell.

Many folks routinely push their batteries beyond what I feel comfortable with, the chance of authentic suitable CDR batteries exploding inside a decent regulated power device is slim.

The LGHB series are 30a CDR but only 1500mah, so short vape time between recharge cycles.

If I were you I'd also look into the sony VTC5A, must be 'A'.

These links may help.
---> 18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum
--->Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum

Most of all only buy batteries from reputable & reccomended vendors / dealers to avoid counterfeit or re wrapped lesser quality cells.
I buy my batteries from ---> Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
Thanks for the response guys. That cleared up a lot for me.

I'm not sure if it's a baby beast tank, the box just says cloud beast. There is a local vape shop that sells green apple. That's my #1 all day vape. I thought it tasted good in my Atlantis tank at 35 watts.

When I put it in the Smok tank at 180W, the flavor was soooo much better. I'm not doing it for bigger clouds, I could care less honestly. I just can't get over how "huge" the flavor got. Hope that makes sense.

Vape_Authority

Registered Supplier
Apr 4, 2017
www.ejuices.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread