Hello_3 weeks smoke free_this is hard_Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Hello All

Looking for a supplier for good premixed PG / VG / Nic (75% - 25% - 6 mg per ml), to which I can add and experiment flavors. After some newbie digging, it seems to be the way for the throat hit !!! (please forgive my ignorance)

I'm Portuguese but working and living in Macau (south china) and want to buy from reliable source preferentially in Asia (for faster delivery...?).

There's many options in taobao.com for e-liquids, which arrive fairly fast in Macau, but I'm concerned about such Chinese vendors. For the pods/equipment it's fine, but for the liquids...

I'm on the "quest" for the "cigarette flavor", which from reading many forum/discussions/blogs/youtube up till now seems to be the quest for "Kim Kardashian .... with Angela Merkel bains", although I've experimented yesterday mixing a bit of a Chinese blue berry nic salt in the "Black Note - naturally extracted tobacco" - "Forte", and not bad actually... keeps me going for now anyway.

Stopped smoking 3 weeks ago after 30 years of it. It's been damn hard folks... !

Using small pods, Caliburn and Odo for now and I'm fine with it (the first has stronger flavor than the second but this last is a pretty damn good little portable device - my opinion).

However, struggling with flavor. Experimented Halo (Jesus, get away from me...), White Cloud (don't like it), Vapour4life (many flavors - can hold "traditional tobacco" but...) and some Chinese offers that came with the devices I got from Taobao.com

I'm now sticking with a mix of Black Note natural extracted tobacco (as they say - 50 PG / 50 VG, 6mg nic) plus mixing the above said nic salt of blue berry (6/1 proportion, cause that nic salt is damn high in nic). But I'm lacking throat hit so much !!!

From what I understood up until now a pre-base of PG/VG/Nic (75% - 25% - 6mg per ml) would put me around closer to an analog cigarette. On this, I could add some flavors, test as many as possible, trying to find what goes better to my taste.

Basically I'm an ignorant newbie (everybody can see that I hope), making lots of mistakes I guess, looking for advice and guidance, but at this point of the journey mainly to get a flavor that can help me go through now ! And then, progressively, start testing, tasting around, studying deeper, fine tuning flavors, etc., if you understand my goal.

I would very welcome your comments, advice and vendors suggestion, which I deeply thank in advance.

Cheers, Alex

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello All

Looking for a supplier for good premixed PG / VG / Nic (75% - 25% - 6 mg per ml), to which I can add and experiment flavors. After some newbie digging, it seems to be the way for the throat hit !!! (please forgive my ignorance)

I'm Portuguese but working and living in Macau (south china) and want to buy from reliable source preferentially in Asia (for faster delivery...?).

There's many options in taobao.com for e-liquids, which arrive fairly fast in Macau, but I'm concerned about such Chinese vendors. For the pods/equipment it's fine, but for the liquids...

I'm on the "quest" for the "cigarette flavor", which from reading many forum/discussions/blogs/youtube up till now seems to be the quest for "Kim Kardashian .... with Angela Merkel bains", although I've experimented yesterday mixing a bit of a Chinese blue berry nic salt in the "Black Note - naturally extracted tobacco" - "Forte", and not bad actually... keeps me going for now anyway.

Stopped smoking 3 weeks ago after 30 years of it. It's been damn hard folks... !

Using small pods, Caliburn and Odo for now and I'm fine with it (the first has stronger flavor than the second but this last is a pretty damn good little portable device - my opinion).

However, struggling with flavor. Experimented Halo (Jesus, get away from me...), White Cloud (don't like it), Vapour4life (many flavors - can hold "traditional tobacco" but...) and some Chinese offers that came with the devices I got from Taobao.com

I'm now sticking with a mix of Black Note natural extracted tobacco (as they say - 50 PG / 50 VG, 6mg nic) plus mixing the above said nic salt of blue berry (6/1 proportion, cause that nic salt is damn high in nic). But I'm lacking throat hit so much !!!

From what I understood up until now a pre-base of PG/VG/Nic (75% - 25% - 6mg per ml) would put me around closer to an analog cigarette. On this, I could add some flavors, test as many as possible, trying to find what goes better to my taste.

Basically I'm an ignorant newbie (everybody can see that I hope), making lots of mistakes I guess, looking for advice and guidance, but at this point of the journey mainly to get a flavor that can help me go through now ! And then, progressively, start testing, tasting around, studying deeper, fine tuning flavors, etc., if you understand my goal.

I would very welcome your comments, advice and vendors suggestion, which I deeply thank in advance.

Cheers, Alex
Hi and welcome,
I have two pod devices. A Minifit and a Vaporesso Zero.
My all day device is a bottom feeder w/RDA at .79Ω, 18 watts and DIY 70% VG @6mg/ml nicotine and 5%
flavour.
For the pods, I mix my juice with 50% VG@ 25mg/ml (freebase)nicotine and 15% flavour.
IMO, pods are the same crap devices we used in 2012 with 36mg/ml nicotine. Poor vapor, poor flavour, poor throat hit, and poor batter life.

I am not familiar with any vendors that ship to your location.

Welcome to the ECF!
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

It sounds like you’re looking for a couple of different things at once:

1: a safe eliquid that can be bought in Asia
2: a simultaneous level of both throat hit and nic level that works for you.

I have no info for #1 myself. My solution would be to buy the ingredients separately so they could be verified for quality and then Mix them yourself. Seems that is not viable for you?

I might be able to help with #2, but I’m short on info. In particular it’s not clear what kind of throat hit or nic level you are looking for, and you haven’t mentioned what device you are using at all.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Hello and welcome, and a big congrats and three weeks smoke free!

If you are looking for a good throat hit in a pod system you will want to use regular (freebase) nicotine (salt nic has little to no throat hit) at much higher than 6mg/ml. I'd suggest using freebase in the 12mg/ml to 24mg/ml range.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello Alex.
I would also suggest you raise the nic mg, I'd buy two bottles of the same flavor, one 12mg and the other 24. This way you can tweak the nic level and it would increase the th with freebase. Have you considered diy, can you have nic delivered to you? Some of my flavor concentrates come from China and are pretty good, mix with them regularly.

Reactions: Alex_AMB

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

As my learned colleagues :) have said you need to up your nic to 18-24mg/ml. It's true that PG brings more throat hit but no where near like a cigarette. Mouth to lung (like we all used to smoke) is better for a throat hit than direct to lung. You seem to be vaping a pod which mostly are MTL so that's good...

The magic combination is the right flavoured liquid in a mtl device which delivers a well combustible vape...if that makes sense. You may find you need to upgrade your pod to something a bit more pro.

Giving up the death sticks is never easy at first but above all try not to channel that desire into a negative experience with vaping...its different but it really does get easy if you stick to your guns....good luck.

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Hi and welcome,
I have two pod devices. A Minifit and a Vaporesso Zero.
My all day device is a bottom feeder w/RDA at .79Ω, 18 watts and DIY 70% VG @6mg/ml nicotine and 5%
flavour.
For the pods, I mix my juice with 50% VG@ 25mg/ml (freebase)nicotine and 15% flavour.
IMO, pods are the same crap devices we used in 2012 with 36mg/ml nicotine. Poor vapor, poor flavour, poor throat hit, and poor batter life.

I am not familiar with any vendors that ship to your location.

Welcome to the ECF!
I
Thank you Izan. You said "For the pods, I mix my juice with 50% VG@ 25mg/ml (freebase)nicotine and 15% flavour." Remaining 35% would be PG ?

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)

It sounds like you’re looking for a couple of different things at once:

1: a safe eliquid that can be bought in Asia
2: a simultaneous level of both throat hit and nic level that works for you.

I have no info for #1 myself. My solution would be to buy the ingredients separately so they could be verified for quality and then Mix them yourself. Seems that is not viable for you?

I might be able to help with #2, but I’m short on info. In particular it’s not clear what kind of throat hit or nic level you are looking for, and you haven’t mentioned what device you are using at all.

Thank you Bombastinator!
I understand your comment for the first question. However, in this stage, I would prefer to keep things simple, buying a pre made mix of PG, VG, Nic (75%, 25%, 6mg / ml ???) or even an already good juice within these parameters? There are so many choices I don't know what to get.

Question 2: I definitively like and need the throat hit, similar to a Marlboro red (if I can compare like this). I was a 15-20 analogs smoker / day, "Marlboro Fine Touch" lately (around 0.6 mg nicotine per cigarette I guess). I'm experimenting with the SIGELEI ODO (1.5 coil) and the UWELL CALIBURN (1.4 coil). Honestly they work for me for now. simple and portable. I'm putting in there a mix of "Black Note - Forte" (50% 50% , 6mg nic) and a Chinese Blue Berry salt of 65mg nic I guess, but just a bit of this one, to give some taste to the Black Note. However, nothing of a throat hit...

Cheers

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Hello and welcome, and a big congrats and three weeks smoke free!

If you are looking for a good throat hit in a pod system you will want to use regular (freebase) nicotine (salt nic has little to no throat hit) at much higher than 6mg/ml. I'd suggest using freebase in the 12mg/ml to 24mg/ml range.
Thanks Jandrew. The around 75% PG will not contribute for a stronger throat hit? Also want to do all I can to keep nicotine low...

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Hello Alex.
I would also suggest you raise the nic mg, I'd buy two bottles of the same flavor, one 12mg and the other 24. This way you can tweak the nic level and it would increase the th with freebase. Have you considered diy, can you have nic delivered to you? Some of my flavor concentrates come from China and are pretty good, mix with them regularly.
Thanks Letitia. I live in Macau (independent from China). If I order juice from TaoBao.com no problem with deliveries. so if your vendors suggestions arr in TaoBao I would thank you very much the information, either base liquids and flavors.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks Jandrew. The around 75% PG will not contribute for a stronger throat hit? Also want to do all I can to keep nicotine low...
Nicotine (in particular, freebase nicotine) is the main factor in throat hit. The PG/VG ratio is more a throat-hit modifier, than contributor --- higher VG can make it "smoother", and higher PG can make it "harsher". Think of it more like a punch ... an average six year old child can only punch so hard, it'll feel nicer if they are wearing a boxing glove (high VG) rather than a bare fist (high PG), but it'll never feel like the punch of an average 12 year old (gloves on or off).

Yeah, that analogy breaks down fast with age, but it gets the basic idea across. A 6mg/ml freebase liquid just won't give the throat punch of a 12mg/ml freebase liquid (and a 12 won't hit like an 18, and so on), regardless of the PG/VG ratios involved.

Nicotine salts, on the other hand, have very little throat hit, so they're of little use if you are looking for throat hit.

May I ask why you want to keep the nicotine low? In the early stages of quitting, it is more important to focus on what works best and worry about the rest later ... in my opinion.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you Bombastinator!
I understand your comment for the first question. However, in this stage, I would prefer to keep things simple, buying a pre made mix of PG, VG, Nic (75%, 25%, 6mg / ml ???) or even an already good juice within these parameters? There are so many choices I don't know what to get.

Question 2: I definitively like and need the throat hit, similar to a Marlboro red (if I can compare like this). I was a 15-20 analogs smoker / day, "Marlboro Fine Touch" lately (around 0.6 mg nicotine per cigarette I guess). I'm experimenting with the SIGELEI ODO (1.5 coil) and the UWELL CALIBURN (1.4 coil). Honestly they work for me for now. simple and portable. I'm putting in there a mix of "Black Note - Forte" (50% 50% , 6mg nic) and a Chinese Blue Berry salt of 65mg nic I guess, but just a bit of this one, to give some taste to the Black Note. However, nothing of a throat hit...

Cheers
65mg/ml nic will produce a lot of throat hit even as a “salt”. It can depending on the particular “salt” or “salts” used produce a lot less throat hit than unprotonated nic for a given nic level but it is quite variable by given chemical.
Of interest is which “salt” is being used. There are a bunch of them and they’re all effectively different individual drugs. Nicotine benzoate is the most common, but there were 8 tested by JUUL (even though they won’t tell anyone what the actual results of those tests were and we don’t know exactly what they tested) and literally hundreds of possible ones. What is actually in that blueberry could possibly matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread