Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 1.JPG

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 rda Review.

► Before starting let's see the main characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Super easy to use first rate rda for beginners
    • 2. Revised and improved post for regeneration, easier cutting of spiral legs
    • 3. Multiple airflow adjustments, abundant steam production and improved aromatic satisfaction
    • 4. 5mm deep tank to hold a lot of liquid (4.5ml)
    • 5. 810 Drip Tip in resin high quality and Ag + ring antibacterial
    • 6. BF pin perfectly compatible with all types of BF mod

Enjoy the reading.

► Packaging:
    The compact package, in a fiery red color, shows the front; the Hellvape logo, that of the famous dead rabbit, a window with a view of the product inside and a gigantic number "3".

On the back are present; the characteristics, parameters, packing list, logos & trademarks required by law.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 2.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (21-07) associated with this product, a stylized drawing of the tank, the name of the product (Dead Rabbit 3 RDA). We also find; the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius", the scratch & check, an adhesive label with the batch number and the color indication of this sample.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 3.jpg

► Kit contents:
    • 1 Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA (resin drip tip)
    • 2 0.37Ω Fused Clapton Coil Ni80
    • 2 Cotton laces
    • 1 Pin BF
    • 1 Sachet of accessories
    • 1 User manual

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 4.jpg

► Technical data:
    • Dimensions: 24x37.35mm
    • Weight: 42g
    • Capacity: 4.5ml
    • Drip Tip: 810
    • Deck: Dual Coil
    • Thread: 510

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 5.JPG

► Available colors:
    • SS, Matte Black, Matte Full Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue, Red.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 6.jpg

► First impressions:
    Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA is the latest evolution of the Dead Rabbit series.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 7.jpg

Dead Rabbit 3 RDA features two different adjustable airflows, one honeycomb and the other slotted to have different vaping experience. The Dual Coil Deck is redesigned and optimized to maximize flavor compared to Dead Rabbit versions 1 & 2. According to Hellvape, the round structure of the poles of this third version allows a homogeneous and enveloping air circulation around the coil. The cutting of excess legs thanks to a favorable angle of the supports is facilitated. In addition, the generously sized tank can hold up to 4.5ml of e-liquid. The kit includes a gold-plated hollow pin for BF use.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 8.JPG

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 9.jpg

► Exploded view:
    Care of construction, excellent couplings and perfect sealing of the o-rings are factors to which Hellvape has accustomed us. This RDA is completely removable for a thorough cleaning of the parts.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 10.JPG

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 11.jpg

The top cap with free rotation allows, in combination with the external jacket, to select different air passages such as; 15 holes arranged in 3 rows selectable 3 at a time, alternatively it allows to have 3 wide completely partializable buttonholes.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 12.jpg

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 13.jpg

► Deck:
    The deck has two large o-rings for a perfect seal against leaks. I really like the rotation lock that allows you to easily screw / unscrew this RDA from mods. However, the rotation is wide (about 45 °) and allows you to direct the air flow to the side towards the coils.

At the base of the turrets there are two side holes for the squonk, the liquid capacity of this RDA is estimated at about 4.5ml which is really a lot, in fact one of my samples I use it with satisfaction as a dripper and before refilling the liquid it passes a really long time.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 14.jpg

► BF:
    The steel base of Dead Rabbit 3 bears many laser writings and houses either a solid or perforated pin, both gold-plated and insulated.
    This 24mm RDA is compatible with the vast majority of BF Mods on the market.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 15.jpg

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 16.jpg

► Build:
    It is extremely simple to insert the two coils from the top, once the valuable screws have been tightened, even the operation of cutting the excess legs is elementary. Just remember to turn the Deck over to eliminate the parts of the coils that have been cut and that could remain inside the tank.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 17.jpg

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 18.jpg

Dead Rabbit 3 RDA requires a lot of cotton because the depth of the tank is considerable (5mm). After inserting the cotton by placing it on the raised "cushions" of the deck, it is necessary to wet it with e-liquid, reposition the chamber and refill with e-liquid from above, if you do not use the tank with a BF mod.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 19.jpg

Final conclusions:
    A good presentation ticket for this RDA from HellVape, third evolution of the 24mm dead rabbit, they are a wide choice of colors and excellent finishes.

Starting from the top I liked it; the 810 Drip Tip in resin with Ag + antimicrobial band and the free rotation of the Top-Cap with surface knurling for optimal grip. The opposing honeycomb or grooved air intakes offer several combinations of regulation of the flow towards the coil, moreover it is possible to angle the flow with respect to the center of the coil thanks to an additional rotation before the limit switch blocks.

In principle, Rabbit 3 RDA can be configured for a very wide type of DL Vape but also for a rather narrow RDL with its rather strong "hit in the throat". The innovation compared to the V2 is all in the greater maximum air flow rate and in the conformation of the Deck which adopts round "poles" and a deep 4.5ml capacity tank.

With the two 0.37Ω Fused Clapton Coil Ni80 supplied, a final resistance of about 0.2Ω is obtained. With this configuration I tried different settings from 35 to 60W and without overheating. The coils are reactive even starting from the minimum power. At 50W I found my "best aroma" with AFC honeycomb and with 9 holes open and centered in the direction of the coils. By increasing the air flow, cooler vapor is obtained, while by closing the flow the force of the "blow in the throat" becomes noticeable but also appreciable in certain occasions of emotional stress.

I installed the Gunmetal color Dead Rabbit 3 on Arez 120 Mod and I judge it as a nice kit balanced in size and shape. I used the other (Blue) Dead Rabbit 3 on Squonk Mod. I must say that the very good max e-liquid capacity of this RDA makes me prefer for convenience a "pure Dripper" type of use with Arez 120 Mod.
    Dead Rabbit 3 is definitely the best RDA Dripper I own.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to HellVape for sending me the sample for review.
    Read Rabbit 3 RAD-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RDA 20.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread