Hellvape Dead Rabbit R Rebuildable Mesh Tank Review By Frenkyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 1.jpg

Dead Rabbit R Rebuildable Mesh tank By Hellvape.

Hellvape offers an interesting Mesh regeneration system that is halfway between rta devices and those equipped with pre-packaged resistors.

► Before starting, let's see the characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • 1. New style of Mesh rebuildable tank.
    • 2. Incredible flavor
    • 3. Easy to regenerate quickly, with long service life
    • 4. Top quarter turn fill system
    • 5. Knurled handle to facilitate the regulation of the lower air flow
    • 6. Replaceable Drip-Tip
    • 7. Cost savings compared to prefabricated coils
    • 8. Designed for DL
    • 9. The tool for winding the Mesh-Coil is included in the kit
    • 10. Suitable for beginners

Enjoy the reading.

Packaging:
    The compact package, in a fiery red color, shows the front; the Hellvape logo, that of the famous dead rabbit, the writing R Tank and the image of a Mesh-Coil that anticipates what will be the type of operation of this new tank.

On the back are present; the characteristics, parameters, packing list, logos & trademarks required by law.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 2.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (20-22) associated with this product, a stylized drawing of the tank, the name of the product (Dead Rabbit R Tank) and the stylized figure of the device. We also find; the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius", the scratch & check, an adhesive label with the batch number and the color indication of this sample.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 3.jpg

► Package Contents:
    • 1x Dead Rabbit R Tank
    • 1x 6.5ml bubble glass (standard)
    • 5x Mesh-Coil Fe-Cr 0.2Ω
    • 5x Organic cotton strips
    • 1x Coil Building Tool
    • 1x Bag of accessories
    • 1x Coil Construction Guide
    • 1x User Manual

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 4.jpg

► Dead Rabbit R Tank parameters:
    • Diameter: 25.5mm
    • Drip-Tip: 510
    • Mesh Coil: Fe-Cr 0.2Ω
    • Recommended power: 50-60 W
    • Capacity: 2ml (TPD) / 5ml / 6.5ml

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 5.jpg

► Choice of colors:
    • Rainbow, Gold, Blue, Gunmetal, SS, Matte Black, Matte Full Black.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 6.jpg

► Dead Rabbit R Tank; First impressions:
    When Dead Rabbit R Tank arrived, at first glance I thought of the usual rebuildable Tank, but then I looked at the box and saw an image of a mesh, so I changed my initial thinking thinking it was a rebuildable mesh system with postless/deck.

Opening the box I found myself in front of an incredible amount of accessories and immediately I was intrigued and I immediately wanted to see the structure of the deck ... Surprise! I remembered having seen something similar before, namely Vapefly and its regenerable RMC resistance to Mesh. However, in this case it is not a resistance to be prepared and screwed to the deck, in fact the "construction" part of the deck has an integrated element that looks like an emptied coil that can be regenerated vertically. In practice, it is an unprecedented solution, different from that of Vapefly and at first glance everything seems very well designed. The spaces for "building" are tidy and generous. All this should greatly simplify the operations of inserting the Mesh and cotton thanks to the Tool present in the box.

The rest of the Tank isn't that different from most other RTAs. The Top-Cap uses a quick bayonet connection and "strangely" a replaceable 510 drip-tip is installed on top of it. Overall, it's a reasonably attractive Tank with nice Celtic-style carvings on the top and bottom that act as a knurl. The lettering and logo on the bell are also pleasing to the eye and not too invasive. The tank comes with a 3.5ml straight profile glass but in the equipment there is a 5ml Bubble glass.

I received two different and pleasant colors of Dead Rabbit R (Matte Black and Gold) for this test and immediately I found their ideal location on the beautiful Hellvape AREZ 120 unibody Mod: Hellvape AREZ 120 unibody Mod

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 7.jpg

► Dead Rabbit R Tank; Exploded view:
    This product is basically composed of 6 elements that unscrew / screw and fit together with good mechanical precision. There are two major elements, namely the bell / chimney and the AFC base with integral regenerable deck. The o'ring are well sized and spare ones are abundantly present.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 8.jpg

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 9.jpg

► Refil:
    As I mentioned earlier, this is fast. Just turn the top cap 1/4 turn to access two large charging slots. The e-liquid capacity is 3.5ml with the straight glass, up to 5ml with the Bubble glass supplied as a spare.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 11.gif

► Tank Structure:
    The bell has large windows for the passage of the liquid towards the coil that we are going to build, it has a pyramidal shape that integrates with a chimney with an outlet hole of 6mm. The upper part of the chimney is equipped with o'ring and thread to be screwed to the top cap of the refill slots. The widest section of the bell is the one that supports the pyrex glass. The inside of the bell is threaded to join the deck.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 12.jpg

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 13.jpg

The base externally houses the sealing o-ring with the glass and in the center there is the "emptied coil" for regeneration. On the perimeter of the base there are Celtic decorations that reflect those of the top-cap. Rotating the ring reveals two AFC slots measuring 10x3mm. By continuing to rotate the ring, you can access the ingenious and very comfortable arrangement of the two screws for tightening the legs of the Mesh coil.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 14.jpg

Observing from above the "shell" structure that resembles an emptied coil, we can see on the bottom the two clamping screws of the legs and the insulating material between the positive and negative poles.

The bottom of the deck houses an adjustable gold-plated pin peek-insulated and slightly protruding, in addition there is the hellvape logo, the disposal logo and the C E branding.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 15.jpg

► Build Mesh Operation:
    The various steps for regeneration are illustrated below. Hellvape declares an optimistic time to complete this operation of only 15 seconds. Following all the steps I took about a minute and a half. Basically I took the cotton and I removed the first cotton strip from both sides, I spread the strip on the table by placing the mesh coil as shown in the figure, rolling it all up with the supplied Tool and pulling strongly the protruding parts of the cotton to make the coil take the round shape requested in the manual. I inserted the resistor into the "shell" and simply screwed in the screws.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 16.jpg

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 17.gif

► Cotton cutting:
    Before cutting the cotton whiskers, I recommend pulling them down to close any escape routes for the liquid, also using the supplied tool to press the cotton well.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 18.jpg

► Savings 75%:
    I guess one of the main reasons why someone considers R Tank is to save on coils, in fact it wouldn't make much sense to buy it, if it ended up costing as much as buying normal spare coils. Looking around the web, I found packs of ten Mesh and ten Cotton Strips priced between $ 5 and $ 7,19. If you then use normal cotton to build, obviously the use of R-Tank will be even cheaper.

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 19.jpg

► Final thoughts:
    Immediately after completing the regeneration, by letting the cotton absorb the liquid, I started using R-Tanks at low power just like I do with normal regenerable RTAs or other Tanks that use pre-made heads.

Starting from 40W, the yield in terms of flavor and quantity of vapor is logically unsatisfactory. Considering the range indicated by the manufacturer, I moved to 50W and with this power I immediately received performance at the height if not superior compared to other tanks that use prefabricated mesh resistors.
    Going to 60W the yield remains very high with a slight increase in the amount of steam, absolutely abundant and in full Hellvape style. The presence of the 510 type Drip-Tip does not seem to limit the maximum air flow rate, the puff is pleasantly contrasted, soft and silent with any degree of AFC opening. The ring is equipped with adjustment stops and has a very precise coupling with the base, in fact by closing it, the puff becomes very narrow. Also for this reason I would have wanted Mesh coils with a higher resistive value, however these 0.2Ω Mesh-Coils made of Fe-Cr are optimal for RDL / DL vape.

I appreciated the "ease" of regeneration of R-Thank which is an ideal alternative to other systems known up to now. Logically this solution is not as simple as changing a resistance, however it is faster and easier than regenerating a traditional RTA or RDA tank, especially as regards the insertion of the mesh and cotton. With the supplied Tool it is possible to prepare the coil in an optimal way by solving several hot-spot problems for those who are not really expert in regenerable systems with Mesh. I think the tightening of the Legs (with the screws hidden by the ring / AFC) is brilliant because it is really precise and very comfortable.

Dead Rabbit R Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape is an interesting proposal for people who usually use Tank or Pod-Mod systems with replaceable mesh-coils. The savings in terms of money compared to a tank with replaceable Mesh-coils are evident and the aromatic yield very similar and up to the level. If you fall into this category, you can safely buy this product and I'm sure you will like it.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Hellvape for sending me the sample for review.
    Dead Rabbit R Tank - Unique Rebuildable Mesh Tank-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Dead Rabbit R Tank Rebuildable Mesh Tank By Hellvape 20.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread