hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome. I’m back today with another review for Hellvape. This time I’ll be taking a look at the new Hellvape SERI RDA. It’s nice to see a company coming out with something a little different and in my opinion inventive. The Seri isn’t your normal single/dual coil rda. The name Seri I believe comes from the word series. It has the deck configuration so that it has the coils in series rather than parallel like every other rda I’ve tried. So you might wonder what that means. Well, it means that the coil resistances are added instead of divided. On a normal rda or rta if you put in two .4 ohm coils then your final resistance would be .2 ohms. On the Seri rda if you put in those same two .4 ohm coils then your resistance would be .8 ohms. The fun doesn’t end there. The Seri can be used in not only dual coil configuration but has a third set of posts where you can run three coils. The lower the resistance the better when running triple coils. The Seri is 26mm in diameter at the base and has about a 6mm deep juice well. It offers fully adjustable honeycomb airflow which I very much like and can withstand wattages up to 200 watts. Let’s take a look at some promotional images and what’s included then I’ll give my opinions on it.

6ZYhKXU.jpg

OGANhjj.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Hellvape SERI RDA
    3* 0.2Ω Ni80 Prebuilt Coil
    3* Shoelace Cotton
    1* BF Pin
    1* Coil Cutting Tool
    1* User Manual
    1* Accessory Bag
    1* Short Circuit Connector

upload_2022-4-8_7-44-58.png

SPECIFICATIONS:
    uLCell0.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Able to support up to 200W output

2. 26mm diameter with series coils design

3. Dual series coil and triple series coil available

4. Supports almost all coils with super low resistance

5. Open and large base to build the coils easily

6. Adjustable honeycomb airflow

7. 6mm deep juice well

8. 810 drip tip

jxc9zjd.jpg

tRHHFoO.jpg

DaAhZyb.jpg

XdI8lnu.jpg

lXjxtA9.jpg

hRR19YJ.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the SERI is nice and what I’ve become used to seeing from them with the gray and red box. On the front is the Hellvape name along with SERI and in the background is a speedometer that goes up to 200 indicating what is printed below which is “ Super Power RDA up to 200W”.

On the back of the box is a list of features of the Seri, the contents of the box, and company information. This one came with quite a bit of stuff as I’ve found with other Hellvape tanks that I’ve reviewed. They always send a good assortment of items with the tanks. This one came with three .2 ohm coils, three shoelace cotton strands, short circuit connector, BF pin, coil cutting tool, flat head screwdriver, and allen wrench to change the BF pin as well as extra o rings and grub screws.

upload_2022-4-8_7-50-21.png

I was actually sent two rdas for the review which came in very handy. One was the black in the earlier picture and the other was gunmetal. This allowed me to set up one with the triple coil configuration and a dual coil configuration in the other.

The Seri has a really nice quality feel to it. It is made of stainless steel and comes with a Delrin drip tip that does not have o rings on it. Instead there is an o ring in the top cap that holds the tip in place.

The Seri is about 39mm in height and has a base diameter of 26mm. It breaks down into four parts for easy cleaning. The Delrin drip tip has a 15mm bore tapering down to about 10mm. It’s a little tall I would guess to help keep heat away from the mouth but with three coils running in it you don’t really want to chain vape it very long.

The outer airflow cap has a heat sink to help reduce heat and also looks nice in my opinion. On the front of the outer cap is the SERI logo etched into it and on the each side there are five diagonal airflow slots. The outer cap slides over the inner airflow cap and locks into place using the two tabs inside.

upload_2022-4-8_7-50-58.png

upload_2022-4-8_7-51-13.png

The inner cap has 13 honeycomb airflow holes on each side that align with the outer cap once installed and is adjustable but does have a stop thanks to the slots in the inner cap. As I mentioned earlier the inner cap has an o ring inside the top that holds the 810 drip tip in place. The inner cap then slides over the build deck and there are two tabs in the inner cap that allows you to lock it down on the deck.

upload_2022-4-8_7-51-49.png

upload_2022-4-8_7-52-4.png

The build deck has six posts. The two outside sets are the same height while the center set of posts are raised. The build deck is very friendly to use and easy to build on. I think it’s rather obvious when using three coils that one coil goes in each set of posts. However, remember that the coils are in series so the sum of the three coils will be your total resistance and it is recommended to use lower ohm coils less than .3 ohm. The deck has two o rings that securely hold the inner cap to the deck. I am able to pick up a dual coil mod by the rda and have had no slippage.

upload_2022-4-8_7-53-30.png

upload_2022-4-8_7-53-48.png

When building with dual coils it is necessary to use the short circuit connector. In my business we would call it a jumper link. Both do the same thing with a different name. The connector must be installed in the center set of post with a coil on each side. The idea behind this is that the connector will have near zero resistance so the total will be the sum of the two outside coils.

upload_2022-4-8_7-54-34.png

The Seri rda can be used in either two or three coil configuration. However, there are some stipulations that should be met if using three coils. The following are guidelines for using the rda in three coil configuration.

As a triple coil RDA with series coil design, some requirements for the mod in use:

1. Recommend to use dual battery high wattage box mod,

2. Recommend to use the low resistance coils less than 0.3Ω each coil.

To get the best atomization effect of 200W, please make sure your box mod support 200W and can be boosted to 12V

The following mods are not recommended:

a. Mechanical Mods

b. Single Battery Box Mod

Note: Using inappropriate mods may lead the dissatisfied atomization effect due to the insufficient power.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have been doing reviews for Hellvape for a little while now and it’s been one great tank after another. Like other tanks I’ve tested from them, the Seri just seems like a real quality built item.

I built one of the rdas with the triple coils and was able to withstand the vapor up to a little over 100 watts but after just a few puffs the vapor was warmer than I like it. I have heard of people running this rda much higher and after all it is rated for 200 watts. I don’t think I have a mod that has 12 volt output so did not want to try to push it too hard. I ended up running the triple coil set up on a dual 18650 Thelema 200 and found my preferred wattage with the included coils reading .61 ohms at 88 watts. At this setting it takes one or two puffs to get the coils up to temperature but for prolonged use it was a good fit for me.

The second Seri was built with two of the .2 ohm coils and the short circuit connector installed and was reading .42 ohms. This was my favorite out of the two builds. I also installed the squonk pin on this one and ran it at 55 watts on a Centaurus BF mod. This mod is a single 21700 rated for 100 watts.

The flavor produced from both builds was very flavorful. Of course the triple coil build produced more and denser vapor but even running a 3mg liquid it was a bit much. The dual coil build is more what I like and the flavor produced was very good and on par with my favorite rdas. I did notice when chain vaping the triple coil build that the tank did get rather warm even running at 88 watts. The temperature was not noticeable with the dual coil build.

It is refreshing to get a newly designed innovative tank like this. This tank is not for the MTL crowd. If you like big clouds of vapor and very good flavor then this is a good one for that and I would definitely recommend it for the high output cloud chucker crowd.

I’d like to thank Hellvape and Dani for sending the two SERI rdas for this review. It has been a pleasure to test them. Also, thanks to all you dedicated readers that take the time to check out my reviews. Below is a link to the Hellvape site where you will find the Seri and all of their other fantastic tanks.

SERI RDA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

upload_2022-4-8_7-56-34.png

Xknjfyy.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, but like Fran, it's not for me.

Thanks. I understand. Until the last year or two I almost never used any tank with dual coils let alone triple. It was a lot of fun to test this one.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt, can you close off holes from bottom to top or only side to side.

Thanks. The airflow holes are different sizes so as you turn it then it closes off more holes. If I turn it clockwise then it closes the airflow holes from right to left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread