Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape SERI Super Power rda Up To 200W

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of Hellvape's latest offerings on the subject of high potential vaporizers, it is the Seri rda.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this product, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading

► As usual before starting let's take a look at the main information provided by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Capable of supporting up to 200W output
    • 2. 26mm diameter with coil arrangement in series
    • 3. Double series coils and triple series coils available
    • 4. Supports almost all coils with very low resistance
    • 5. Wide open base to easily accommodate coils
    • 6. Adjustable honeycomb airflow
    • 7. 6mm deep e-liquid well
    • 8. Drip Tip 810

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Packaging:
    The box is compact, proposed in the classic Hellvape gray / orange color, in the front there are; the logo, the words "SERI" and "Super Power RDA Up To 200W".

The data listed on the back of the box is; the parameters, the contents of the package, the warnings and the address of the manufacturer.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-2.jpg

On the other sides they are present; The number 2026, the stylized image of the vaporizer, the name "SERI RDA", the words "Super Power RDA Up To 200W", "Evolve your vaping genius", an adhesive label with a serial number + color indications of the sample and the scratch & check.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-3.jpg

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-4.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Package Included:
    • 1 * Hellvape RDA SERIES
    • 3 * pre-assembled 0.2Ω Ni90 resistors
    • 3 * Cotton laces
    • 1 * Pin BF
    • 1 * Coil cutting tool
    • 1 * User Manual
    • 1 * Bag of accessories
    • 1 * Short Circuit Connector

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-5.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Technical data:
    • Diameter: Φ26mm
    • Height: 39.1mm
    • Weight: 51g
    • Supported power: Up to 200W
    • Coil type: Double / Triple series
    • Depth of the well (E-liquid): 6mm
    • Airflow: Adjustable honeycomb
    • Drip Tip: 810

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-6.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Blue
    • Matte Full Black
    • Rainbow

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-7.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Usage and warnings:
    Hellvape SERI is a high potential RDA which is capable of supporting an output up to 200W. It allows the most demanding vapers to use 3 low resistance coils to produce choreographic clouds of steam.

Note that the final resistance (Ω) after regenerating the deck is the sum of each single resistance, this is due to the system of coils arranged in series.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-8.jpg

SERI RDA configured in low resistance triple coils must be installed safely on electronic Mods with multiple 18650 or 21700 batteries that guarantee perfect high-power operation and that support 12V output and 200W maximum power.

The use of Mechanical Mods or other Single Battery Mods is not recommended by Hellvape.
    Note: Don't forget to install the "Short Circuit Connector" for the dual coil build.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-9.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Mod Pairing:
    I received from Hellvape for this test two different colors of SERI RDA, this gave me the possibility to configure SERI RDA Nero in BF dual coil configuration + Short Circuit Connector on Mod Smoant Battlestar Squonker (2x18650) and SERI RDA Rainbow in Triple Coil configuration on Mod Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 (3x18650).

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-10.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; exploded view and first impressions:
    When handling SERI RDA for the first time, one immediately realizes that Hellvape's high construction standard has also been respected in this case. I am therefore faced with a robust RDA with replaceable drip-tip, SERI is equipped with a wide air regulation with honeycomb design and rotation stops, the external AFC jacket rotates perfectly on generous and effective O-rings , everything seems to have been made with really good machining tolerances.

Furthermore, this new RDA by Hellvape with its diameter of Φ26mm offers a pleasant aesthetic impact to the eye with the right ratio of dimensional proportions. SERI has a very rich supply of spare part's for dual or triple coil configurations even for Mod Squonk. Seri RDA can be completely disassembled for thorough deep cleaning operations.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-11.jpg

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-12.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; AFC System:
    For the regulation of the air flow there are 3 opposing rows of holes (13 per side) for a total of 26 holes, each of the holes has a diameter of about 1mm, the AFC configuration is the classic "honeycomb" with rotation stops . The air flow is directed towards a large surface of the coils, for this reason the central coil is slightly raised.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-13.jpg

The outer sleeve has beautiful finishes with circular incisions on the perimeter that resemble a heat sink, the word SERI is placed inside a square and is perceptible to the touch. The ventilation grilles have a 45 ° inclination and adjust the underlying air passage holes, by rotating the Cap.

In the second side-by-side image the rotation stops of the external sleeve are visible (white arrows).

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-14.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Chimney:
    The central one-piece structure (chimney) houses an internal O'ring at the top which has the task of holding the Drip Tip, the white arrows indicate the tracks, on which the rotation stops of the external sleeve slide for the adjustment of the passage holes of the air towards the coils.

In the second side-by-side image you can see the internal configuration of the fireplace. The first part of the chimney is wider and has a diameter of 25mm, the first internal part of the chimney is the one that fits into the deck and houses two spurs for the correct interlocking on the deck, the spurs are indicated by the white arrows.

The second internal section of the chimney is the one that compresses the steam directing it towards the drip tip, this section has a narrower diameter (20mm) and a depth of 12mm with, the dome have a hemispherical design.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-15.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Build options:
    The image below shows both Deck build configurations, they are; triple coil and double coil which provides in this case (instead of the central coil) the insertion of the steel bulkhead called "Short Circuit Connector".

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-16.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; How the Deck is made:
    The tank has a good depth (6mm) so it is able to accommodate a lot of e-liquid for good autonomy in case SERI is used in dripper mode. Furthermore, if SERI is used in Squonk mode, the considerable depth of the tank maintains a good reserve of e-liquid and allows to reduce the number of pressures on the BF bottle.

In the first image side by side and below, the two notches for inserting the chimney on the deck are visible and indicated by the arrows. The six turrets of the deck, as I said at the beginning; they are completely separable from the deck for deep cleaning operations. The Pin installed as standard on SERI RDA is slightly protruding, not suitable for mechanical Mods. The blind Pin for dripper mode is preinstalled on SERI RDA but can be replaced with the perforated one for BF use. In the second image side by side, the two large O'ring are visible, which guarantee a firm union between deck and fireplace. In this image you can also see the head of the screws for tightening the coils on the turrets, the screws have a classic slotted design.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-17.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; My Builds:
    As I anticipated, I was lucky enough to receive two SERI RDAs, so I can show you the two Build options available at the same time. I decided to use SERI Nero for the Squonk, so I only installed two of the coils that are available in the package, while on SERI Rainbow I installed all three of the available Coils for high-power use, in dripper mode with Mod-three-batterys.

Using the supplied Coil-Tool, I cut all the legs of the coils to a length of 5mm and in a very short time I finished both Builds. The insertion of the legs into the turrets from above is very convenient, then just tighten the screws and straighten the coils.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-18.jpg

Each SERI RDA pack contains 3 cotton laces, 3 laces were enough for Build both RDAs. The cotton must be left long enough as the depth of the tub is considerable (6mm). I gave the tips of the cotton a slight arrow shape before putting it in the tub. In the second side-by-side image (after inserting the chimney on the Deck) you can see the two Builds from above.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-19.jpg

► Hellvape Seri RDA; Final conclusions:
    When I received the Hellvape email informing me that an RDA capable of running at 200W would be sent to me, I was expecting a huge vaporizer. Surprisingly, SERI RDA is compact and with its diameter of Φ26mm it is only 1mm larger than the average RDA Dual Coil on the market.

The design of SERI RDA with two layers of heat protection, seems to have been developed for high wattage vaping, in fact the external sleeve (Top Cap) with its finned design, covers the solid structure of the internal chimney. Both elements (Top Cap and Chimney) dissipate heat well and lock securely in place and with good machining tolerances. The rotation of the air system is smooth and precise.

By removing both the internal and external structures (Top Cap and Camino) you are faced with a Deck designed with 6 uprights! The two central uprights are slightly raised compared to the other 4 and are the ones that will house the third Coil for the configuration of SERI RDA at high wattages. Before installing the Coils on the SERI RDA Deck, the serial arrangement of the resistors must be taken into account. The resistors included in the kit are 0.2Ω each, so in the case of a triple coil configuration the final resistance should be 0.6Ω (02 + 02 + 02) this data can be influenced by the lenghts of the legs of each coil, in my case the total resistance value is 0.7Ω with the legs cut to 0.5mm.

• RDA Triple Coil SERIES:
    I tested my 2 SERI RDAs simultaneously with a red fruit e-liquid that I know very well.
    Starting with the triple coil configuration I found myself slightly embarrassed as I usually use my RDAs configured in single-coil at 30-40W or at most in Dual-Coil at 60-70W.
    I then started at 120W but the slow activation of the 3 resistors immediately made me increase the power first to 135W and then to 160W. With this last power (160W) I do not feel annoying delays in the activation of the coils, the perceived flavor is very good, with a notable and dense production of clouds of vapor, the air flow seems right to me, not too free and rather concentrated even with AFC open to 100%.

I have subsequently gone up to 180W and all the hitherto appreciated good features of SERI RDA have increased. The heat dissipation works well even at 180W and the SERI RDA's body always stays pretty cool. However at 180W with these 3 coils you begin to perceive a "toasted" cotton flavor which made me prefer the return to 160W.

I am sure that with three specific 0.1Ω resistors (01 + 01 + 01 for 0.3Ω total) SERI RDA will very well operate at 200W and beyond, producing amazing performances. But definitely out of my comfort zone. However, I am satisfied with the "softer" standard configuration and 160W of power for what concerns me, are abundantly sufficient. SERI RDA with this Build fully satisfies me with the tons of vapor and flavor it releases, I really couldn't ask for more.

• RDA Dual Coil SERIES:
    With this configuration I immediately felt at ease because the power range to be used for vaping is noticeably lower and comes closer to my usual standards.

The resistive value of 0.5Ω is what I obtained with the dual coil regeneration and with the insertion of the "Short Circuit Connector" bulkhead in place of the central coil. I then installed the Pin BF on SERI RDA using one of the most powerful Squonk MODs I own.

The 2 coils are activated quite quickly already starting from 70W and offer a very fresh vape with a decent vapor production. I have been using SERI RDA at 70W for some time, and I have to say that with the AFC open to 50% it offers a pleasantly contrasted and Hit-laden Puff. I then increased the AFC opening at the same pace with increasing powers of 5W at a time until reaching 110W with the complete opening of the AFC. At 90 watts with the AFC fully open, SERI RDA definitely hit my sweet spot, I really enjoyed this setting very much. The aromatic performances are remarkable, the puff is fluid and silent and the quantity of steam clouds emitted does not make us regret too much other more exasperated configurations. I repeat once again that the temperatures on the SERI RDA body always remain civil even in the face of decidedly wild performance's.

In the course of this review I hope to have well described SERI RDA which I define as a niche vaporizer, but which I will certainly use again from time to time, especially in dual coil configuration.

So, if you want to drag yourself as high as possible with the vape at 200w and beyond, SERI RDA is for you! Make sure that your Box Mod supports 200W and 12V, but above all remember to use SERI RDA safely and with the specifications required by Hellvape, with suitable cells and resistors and only with electronically managed Mods.

• Thanks to Hellvape for sending me the sample for review.
    SERI RDA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

• Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Seri-RDA-Up-To-200-W-20.jpg

Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread