Help a dog out... Starbuck Mocha Frappuccino? Chocolate MILK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
OK, first off let me say I'm new to DIY (a handful of less than stellar attempts).

What I'd like is a flavor that tastes like the bottled Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino! (Yes, the bottled version taste completely different than the "over ice" version served at Starbucks)

I can make a pretty darn good recreation of the drink by mixing chocolate milk (sugar added depending upon how sweet the brand of chocolate milk is), cocoa powder, and a splash of strong coffee, but how do I make it as an eliquid?

Actually, if I could figure out how to make a great tasting chocolate milk flavor, I'd be REAL happy and then I'm sure I could tweak it by adding a little coffee and cocoa flavor to that.

So, here's your mission.... should you choose to accept it (and you have NO choice! :p):

What's a good recipe for chocolate MILK (not milk chocolate, though that might be tasty too)?

I have unflavored 60mg Nic, and usually vape juices in the 24-28mg range.

Here's the flavorings I have on hand:
(From DIYFlavorShack)
Cocoa
Hot Chocolate
Cafe Napoleon
Sugar Cream
Mocha
Cream De Cafe
Chocolate Expert
Chocolate Milkshake
Cafe Latte
Coffee n Cream
Keoke Koffee
Coffee
Holy Vanilla

(From MFS/TFA)
Sweetener
Sweet Cream
Double Chocolate

(And of course I have PG and VG)

Years ago I had one of my regular juice vendors attempt to make the flavor for me, but IMO it ended up tasting pretty bad. I like some of their normal chocolately flavors (Tastyfinger, German Chocolate Cake, etc.) but my custom Mocha Frappucino wasn't so good.

I've also tried many cappuccino/coffee/milkshake flavors from different vendors but have yet to find one that I like (yes, even the bottle of Kona Coffee Milkshake I ordered, that people rave about, tastes terrible to me).

So are the spots on my tongue hampering my tastebuds? Or do i just really suck at mixing?

Anyone got a recipe, for Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino? Or at least for a good, sweet, chocolate milk?

Thanks!

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I am discovering that chocolate flavors tend to be very strong. My best attempts so far to get a good chocolate flavor have been more vanilla than chocolate. I am dialing it in. My last attempt was Capella French vanilla 8%, Capella Milk chocolate toffee at 4%. That was pretty good. I will up the chocolate to 6% on my next mix, and that should do it.

Once I get that down, I might try to add the coffee component to it. One step at a time...

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
I have one that finally nails it and its super easy - but would require a small purchase so you have the right flavors. The flavoring brands make *all* the difference when you need to nail coffee or chocolate.

FA Chocolate 1%
INW Coffee 1%
INW Biscuit 1%
TFA Sweet or Whipped Cream 4%

Forgive my ignorance...
Any idea what brand the DIYFlavorShack flavorings are? (I probably should just ask Dawn but I'm here and I'm lazy....)

What brand is "INW"?

I'm not opposed to buying more stuff if it gets me something vapable (so far I've had zero success with DIYing), but I hate to keep buying and mixing blindly/badly!

Thanks for the help all!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Forgive my ignorance...
Any idea what brand the DIYFlavorShack flavorings are? (I probably should just ask Dawn but I'm here and I'm lazy....)

What brand is "INW"?

I'm not opposed to buying more stuff if it gets me something vapable (so far I've had zero success with DIYing), but I hate to keep buying and mixing blindly/badly!

Thanks for the help all!

Yep, Baseballmom beat me - but yes, Inawera. I believe the flavors at DIYFS are their own creations. You may have more luck DIYing with Inawera and Flavourart if you like dessert/bakery/chocolate/coffee type vapes. I had no luck with these types of flavours until I started in with the FA and INW - every flavor brand is definitely different and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Chocolate and Coffee tend to be many DIY flavor maker weaknesses unfortunately.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
INW=Inawera ...:)

The dog's tongue rolls out in your avatar, I think this is first one I've seen with motion here...Lol! Cute!

Thanks! I think it's the ONLY animated avatar on ECF. [It helps to have pictures of SmokeyJoe and Rolygate in compromising positions! And I like to think I singlehandedly rid the forum of a "bull"headed Forum Manager! :p]

Yep, Baseballmom beat me - but yes, Inawera. I believe the flavors at DIYFS are their own creations. You may have more luck DIYing with Inawera and Flavourart if you like dessert/bakery/chocolate/coffee type vapes. I had no luck with these types of flavours until I started in with the FA and INW - every flavor brand is definitely different and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Chocolate and Coffee tend to be many DIY flavor maker weaknesses unfortunately.

I'd LIKE to DIY but being all paws likely is why I've had zero success (least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better!). On top of that, I've got my A.D.V. and go-to juice supplier(s) so I likely have set my standards really high. Lately though I'm finding my tastebuds might be getting burned out of my A.D.V. because some days it's not as great as others (but it's better if I don't vape it for half a day or so and then come back to it).

You've got me thinking, I have two untested Inawera Flavors that might just give a Mocha Frappuccino. I'm going to mix it and see.

Inawera WG Chocolate Cream
Inawera Cappuccino

Let me know how it turns out!
To ME, I want a super sweet chocolate milk with just a splash of coffee. I buy fraps from Costco (6-8 12 packs at a time!) but when I've made them at home I find that chocolate milk that taste sweet can be improved upon by adding more sugar! (and you MUST mix the cocoa powder with HOT coffee are you'll be stirring lumps out for days!)

Can anyone recommend a good vendor for the Inawera flavorings? Is there a US vendor or do I need to order from overseas?
Thanks all!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Thanks! I think it's the ONLY animated avatar on ECF. [It helps to have pictures of SmokeyJoe and Rolygate in compromising positions! And I like to think I singlehandedly rid the forum of a "bull"headed Forum Manager! :p]

I'd LIKE to DIY but being all paws likely is why I've had zero success (least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better!). On top of that, I've got my A.D.V. and go-to juice supplier(s) so I likely have set my standards really high. Lately though I'm finding my tastebuds might be getting burned out of my A.D.V. because some days it's not as great as others (but it's better if I don't vape it for half a day or so and then come back to it).

To ME, I want a super sweet chocolate milk with just a splash of coffee. I buy fraps from Costco (6-8 12 packs at a time!) but when I've made them at home I find that chocolate milk that taste sweet can be improved upon by adding more sugar! (and you MUST mix the cocoa powder with HOT coffee are you'll be stirring lumps out for days!)

Can anyone recommend a good vendor for the Inawera flavorings? Is there a US vendor or do I need to order from overseas?
Thanks all!

Vaperstek or Bullcity, Bullcity has both FA and Inawera too!

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles

Thanks all!

I've had very good results with Inawera and I have a lot of their Flavors.

The Mix I made is heavier on the Chocolate than Coffee. It smells really good, but I want to let it steep for awhile.

Tip

When mixing Cocoa and very little milk or water to the Cocoa and blend then add the rest of the liquid that way you don't have lumps. ;)

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
I have one that finally nails it and its super easy - but would require a small purchase so you have the right flavors. The flavoring brands make *all* the difference when you need to nail coffee or chocolate.

FA Chocolate 1%
INW Coffee 1%
INW Biscuit 1%
TFA Sweet or Whipped Cream 4%

Sorry it's taken my so long to get around to trying this recipe (I HATE when my S.O. puts a temporary hold on my vaping purchases!). Anyway, I finally got more supplies and mixed some up following the above recipe (though I substituted INW Chocolate for the FA), and ....

Maybe it's my taste buds (most likely is!) but it doesn't taste right. I get a fairly strong coffee but only just a smidge of chocolate, and (to me) it doesn't taste at all sweet. (and I'm not opposed to "sickly sweet" like some people would be)

In hindsight I'm sure my amounts weren't 100% accurate (I took the lazy way out and just went by drops, and I know the different bottles don't have exactly equal drop size, and my attempt to compensate for this by adding extra drops of some items, I'm confident isn't entirely accurate).

So is it possible my tongue is just TOO awesome (because I can't live with the thought that my tongue is anything BUT awesome!)? FWIW, over the years I've tried MANY tobacco flavored juices and almost all of them taste "nutty" to me. So maybe I'm just never going to get this to taste right TO ME?

Also, I mixed this morning and other than vigorous bottle shaking, I haven't allowed time to steep, so maybe it'll taste better in a week?

I think tomorrow I'll just try to mix a sweet chocolate mix and see if that taste chocolately, and sweet, to me. Then from there I can add the coffee (biscuit?) flavor.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Tip

When mixing Cocoa and very little milk or water to the Cocoa and blend then add the rest of the liquid that way you don't have lumps. ;)

When I'm making the drink I actually mix the cocoa (and sugar) with HOT coffee, which dissolves fine, then put into the fridge to cool. Once cool I put a little of the coffee/cocoa/sugar mixture into a glass of chocolate milk (and sometimes add a little more sugar because I love me some sweet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread