Help a long time Smok Big Baby/X Baby user with new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
So Ive been vaping for well over a year now. Started really vaping with the Smok Baby and Big Baby. Switched to an X Baby as an alt when that was new. Thats all Ive been using for the past year or so. Ive seen a ton of stuff come out in 2018. A ton.

I dont want to get deep into buying a bunch of tanks to try this and that out if tanks havent progressed.

Im hoping for something to equal the pros of the Big Baby and X Baby put together without cons. The taste I was getting from fruity juices I loved the big baby more, but I like how the X Baby produces more vapor (more vapor on almost equal wattage compared to the Big Baby)

Im liking the ability to stay under the 50 Watt range. Ive been happy using all coils on all 3 tanks in the 36-50 watt range. I wasnt happy with the X baby in taste. Taste seemed dulled compared to the Big Baby.

After a year on these 3 tanks, Ive tried all different coils, RBAs, and air settings. And feel its time to upgrade in the taste capacity, not go high in wattage.

So if there are recommendations Im open. Have tanks progressed vs the models we had 1-2 years ago?

I would like to stay in the replaceable coil tank world but I do already have everything possible needed for RTA at hand, including mod. So If it really is a must I would go RTA if need be. Sometimes I have weeks or months with work where I just cant devote much time in an RTA and coil building, etc

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Im liking the ability to stay under the 50 Watt range. Ive been happy using all coils on all 3 tanks in the 36-50 watt range.

After a year on these 3 tanks, Ive tried all different coils, RBAs, and air settings. And feel its time to upgrade in the taste capacity, not go high in wattage.

So if there are recommendations Im open. Have tanks progressed vs the models we had 1-2 years ago?

I would like to stay in the replaceable coil tank world...
I've been using the original Crown for nearly 3 years now, and I've not personally found a better tank. I've used a couple of the newer tanks on the market that came with new mod kits. I've not used any SMOK products.

My vaping preference is between 30 - 35 watts. The 0.5 ohm coils in the Crown work best for me. I didn't bother "upgrading" to the Crown 2, 3, or Valarian tanks from Uwell because all of their coils recommended wattage ranges above my 30 watts.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Crown is a well liked tank by many, there also seem to be a fair amount of satisfied Vapresso users at the resistances you are discussing, although if there's nothing wrong with your smok tanks besides age, I think they will also take a variety of Vapresso coils, if you want to try out the Vapresso thing before you actually go all in and get a tank. I don't know what goes with what but there are various list compatibility posts floating around, etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread