• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help a new user. please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris the bear

Jun 24, 2009
Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to e-cigarrette smoking but am desperate to quit the real ones. I bought the first one I could find on the internet and it worked great for one day and now I have to suck with all my might to get the thing to work!

I've tried researching oon this site and to be honest I'm completely confused so, can anyone help me?

I'm basicall after someone to put together a shopping list (with supplier if possible!) of what would be best for me so I can go to their site and simply buy it.

I don't care what the unit looks like, only the performance. I've seen the jantystick and that looks very good in terms of smoke output.

Please help a new e-cigarrette smoker!

My thanks in advance!

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to e-cigarrette smoking but am desperate to quit the real ones. I bought the first one I could find on the internet and it worked great for one day and now I have to suck with all my might to get the thing to work!

I've tried researching oon this site and to be honest I'm completely confused so, can anyone help me?

I'm basicall after someone to put together a shopping list (with supplier if possible!) of what would be best for me so I can go to their site and simply buy it.

I don't care what the unit looks like, only the performance. I've seen the jantystick and that looks very good in terms of smoke output.

Please help a new e-cigarrette smoker!

My thanks in advance!

Dear Morris,
The UK forum will welcome you, I'm sure. If vapour output is a high priority, then your budget will also have a bearing. You could look at the battery mods in The New Members section,

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion-newbies-pics-most-common-models-here.html

such as Screwdriver,
http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/?movieShown=yes

GG
http://www.smokejuice.co.uk/userimages/procart28.htm

and soon Prodigy. http://www.e-cigs.co.uk
ecigreview or ukecigreviews 5% off (mention your forum name in the comments box and get some free carts as well, minimum purchase of £30)

I do not think I am wrong to say that Jantystick the next version may be a better idea than the current one.
http://www.ivapour.co.uk/

If you prefer to spend less, then consider a Titan from Totally Wicked
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/?movieShown=yes

an Evo from http://www.intellicig.co.uk

or a Classic penstyle from E-cigs.co.uk
http://www.e-cigs.co.uk
ecigreview or ukecigreviews 5% off (mention your forum name in the comments box and get some free carts as well, minimum purchase of £30)

I am not best placed to help right now, having emerged from A&E on crutches after a daft accident. Will try to add the relevant URLS after I've had a cuppa tea.

Best,

Caesarea.

PS This is just the advice of an ordinary vaper. We are all different and tastes/choices vary.

Last edited:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Thanks for welcoming me Caesarea, I have just discovered these and am thrilled at finally having found something that takes away the urge of real cigarettes.

Thanks again!

Do a lot of window shopping, Morris, and stock up with plenty of spares and e liquid, you don't want to run out of anything. Also, take an easy and open-minded approach to changing from smoking and quitting. Read the archived advice here and ask when you don't understand anything - that's what we have all done!

Good luck,

C.

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
Hey there MTB,

I think Caesarea has said it all really,,everyone is different in what they want out of a PV, be it budget, portability, cart size, vapour or batt life. I read all the reviews i could and kept narrowing it down. A good place to get an idea of performance etc is on youtube, check out Igetcha's reviews & demo's ( links can be found in main forum ).

All the best

-John

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Yes Logan, Igetcha's videos are v useful. First time I ever saw anyone vape!
Still haven't see any other person vape in RL.

Busted foot, mhh, trod on a large uneven stone I hadn't noticed lying on the pavement. Just a blip. Admiring the blue sky and walking home with the evening newspaper under my arm. The gods dislike that sort of quiet stuff, have ya noticed??Anyway, all strapped up and equipped with crutches and pirate phrases.
Arrrrhh, pieces of vape, Jim boy!

C.

JohnD99

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Hello!

Morris, I think the advice you have received from these learned members is very valuable and a great place to start your journey. I too am looking to get off normal cigarettes ('analogues' as they are called here) and am also new to this.

My experience so far sounds very similar to yours. Around six months ago, I first came across e-cigs. I bought a 'mini' (also known as a 901), and it was OK for a couple of days, but I still stayed on analogues, as the results I got from my e-cig seemed to drop off.

Then I got a Super mini and some juice to top up the carts (36 mg - about the strongest you can get). When I first got this, I thought that the throat hit I got from it was great, and I stopped smoking completely. Over the next four weeks, I thought the throat hit was reducing. So, I started looking through the internet, and started dripping the fluid directly onto the atomiser. I also tried adding Glycerin to my liquid to give more vapour - it does give more vapour, but doesn't improve throat hit, which for me, as I think for you, is the main thing.

Then I decided that what I really needed was a '510' ot 'Titan', as lots of people had said good things about them (can you see a pattern forming here? :)). Due to a technical problem (e.g. the charger didn't work) I really didn't get much of a chance to use the 510 (despite paying extra for next day postage, and receiving absolutely nothing when it was finally returned over a week later - not even the carts promised to cover my postage!! Grrrrrrr!!). So, I decided that e-cigs were probably not all they are cracked up to be, and went back on the analogues.

But during this time, I read and read and read the posts on this forum. I think (and I wait to be corrected by my fellow forum posters) that there is an inherrent problem with the batteries supplied with the majority of e-cigs. You can charge and discharge your batteries a few times, but after a fairly short period of time they don't seem to give the same sort of results that you used to get when your equipment is new.

So, I ended up buying yet another e-cig! And I think this is the key. You can try and try and try the cheaper models, but until you buy a more expensive model (such as a screwdriver, Jantystick, GG or Prodigy as mentioned below) you will keep on having the problem of the performance tailing off after a day or two. Decent batteries are a must for any would-be e-smoker.

Many of the premium manufacturers state that their devices are not intended for people who want to reduce their nicotine intake or stop smoking altogether. They are for people who want to stop inhaling the thousands of chemicals in normal smokes. But, if you started of with a high nicotine level (e.g 36 ml) and then over a period of time cut that down to zero, perhaps it could work. In fact, that is my goal, and I am working towards it.

I am still on the analogues as I have run out of fluid. I smoke around 15 'light' cigarettes a day, and have done for over 15 years. But when I get some more fluid in the next couple of days, I will switch back to e-cigs. I stopped smoking analogues for nearly 5 weeks and, honestly, it was easy!

Hope this helps and best of luck

John

morris the bear

Jun 24, 2009
Great advice and thank you very much to you all for contributing. I bought a minicig and it was great the first day but, as you've said, the next day it was crap. Switched to covering the "breathe-hole" to get it to work and moved on to removing the L.E.D. cap, covering the hole with my finger and then releasing it when I suck (to create more airflow) all the while keeping the "breathe" hole covered with my finger. It seems the only way to make it work and I'm charging between every use in case its the battery. I look like and insane tin whistle player.

I've researched on this site and have decided to opt for the janty stick, I like the fact it is not cigarrette shaped and all of the reviews point to it being one of the better devices for what I'm after.

Either way, and despite the trouble with my mini-cig, I've not had an "analogue" for 4 days where I was smoking marlboro red, up to 20 a day.

Just waiting for the Janty stick to arrive now. Keep emailing my girlfriend to see if the postman has been!

p.s. in response to a question above, I am in the UK.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread