The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help a variable voltage / wattage newbie - iTaste VV V3 10s

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Ilikecoffee, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ilikecoffee

Ilikecoffee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    BC
    Hi everyone. I've been reading the forums for about an hour trying to find out more info and suggested settings for this new device I bought from Vapor Geek, and not had luck so far finding the info I'm looking for.

I got the iTaste VV V3 10s model (that's not 510 thread compatible), specifically the Innokin iClear10S Clearomizer System Starter Kit. I also bought the Innokin iTaste MVP VV MOD Starter Kits w/ iClear30 Carto.

I have never used a variable voltage system before. Not to mention variable wattage. I have no clue as to what settings to start from. I figured out how to test the 10s' resistance level (it's 1.8 for the included clearomizers). For the MVP Mod kit, I bought some 16s at 1.8 and 2.2, and a 30 at 1.8.

Can someone either point me to a thread that has newbie-readable information (ie not many acronyms etc) on good combinations of volt, wattage settings to start from, or perhaps share a few tips here?

Thanks!

Mark

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  3. Ilikecoffee

Oct 1, 2011
    BC
    Hi and thanks for the video links. I think I've seen two of these already. I agree they're really easy to use!

My main question though is what are the sweet spots to set for voltage and wattage, based on the resistance level of the cartomizer I'm using? And do voltage and wattage work in tandem, like for instance how shutter and aperture work on cameras (ie, on a camera, 1/60th a second shutter and f4 on the shutter work for the same amount of light as 1/30th a second / f5.6 does).

Mark

4. Howietzer

Howietzer Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    I am also fairly new to the vv/vw mods and too have the vv 3.0 as well as a SiD. For me, I get the best flavor and TH at lower volts/watts (3.7v/6watts) with the liquids I am currently vaping. My suggestion is to start at the lower settings ie 3.3 volts or 6 watts and increase until you get a bad taste then back them down. The problem is, every liquid and everyone's taste and or throat hit requirement is a little different, so saying "x" setting is the correct setting may or may not be true. It is more up to the individual to experiment and find their own sweet spots for themselves. Hope this helped, Good Luck

5. Ilikecoffee

Oct 1, 2011
    BC
    Hi Howletzer. Thanks for the feedback, it helps me start off with these. I decided to start at 3.5v and 6w, and am progressing up; I'm now trying 3.8v (2x my cartomizer's resistance level) and 7.5w. It's interesting. I am getting massive amounts of vape smoke from this device, but not sure yet if I'm getting the best throat hit and taste I want to get.

Mark

6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    An easy formula to use is take the resistance of your juice attachment (for example 2 ohm) and add the number two. 2 + 2 = 4. Try 4.0 volts, and adjust up or down to taste.

If you have variable wattage, too (MVP2), adjust the wattage to either 7 or 8 watts. That's what the majority of vapors prefer.

7. dmadsen

dmadsen Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Berea, KY, USA
  8. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    That video just taught me so much! I've been reading about VV versus VW for the last hour and getting more and more confused until this video! I can't wait to get an MVP 2 so I can find the watt setting I like then forget about it! Thanks for posting! :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.