HELP! After rewicking with cotton It now tastes soapy and has stringy vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtuzhilin

Nov 7, 2018
Hey, everyone! I am using a boulder pod system. I didn’t want to spend money on a new pod, so I decided to rewick my old one. I dry fired my coil and rinsed it out and used 100% organic cotton. I made sure not to touch it with my fingers too much. It tasted great at first and I absolutely loved it, as I started using it more and more, the vape started to taste weird. It started to taste very soapy and nothing like my juice. It also started to have a very thin stringy vapor. It doesn’t look burnt whatsoever though. What could be the reason this is happening?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey, everyone! I am using a boulder pod system. I didn’t want to spend money on a new pod, so I decided to rewick my old one. I dry fired my coil and rinsed it out and used 100% organic cotton. I made sure not to touch it with my fingers too much. It tasted great at first and I absolutely loved it, as I started using it more and more, the vape started to taste weird. It started to taste very soapy and nothing like my juice. It also started to have a very thin stringy vapor. It doesn’t look burnt whatsoever though. What could be the reason this is happening?
Hi and welcome,
Perhaps too little or too much cotton?
What juice are you using? Brand/flavour/nicotine level?
How long did you use the pod before rewicking it? How may times had it been refilled?

Cheers
I

Attachments

• pics.jpg
    pics.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 17

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Strawberry Açaí by salt bae. And I did use the pod before I rewicked it and refilled it two times
G,
If your pods are tasting bad after two refills, IMO, you should find a better system and/or use juice with less flavouring and added sweetener.

Do you have a photo of the rewicked pod you could post?

Cheers
I

gtuzhilin

Nov 7, 2018
G,
If your pods are tasting bad after two refills, IMO, you should find a better system and/or use juice with less flavouring and added sweetener.

Do you have a photo of the rewicked pod you could post?

Cheers
I
I accidentally burnt it pretty bad after the second refill so that’s why. And it’s already inside the pod, so it’s pretty hard to see

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Reactions: untar

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Ok, "boulder". My eyes read that but my brain didn't associate it with a vaping device :D

Never heard of it before, had to watch a vid. Sure seems like a terrible pita to rebuild, I can tell you that much (and I rebuilt kanger coil heads back in 2013).
The original coil is made with silica wick. You can use cotton but you need to dial in the exact amount to not flood the coil and not strangle the juice flow. The latter seems what your build does at present so a bit less cotton or thin out the ends of the wick that sit in the feeding channels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread