Status
Not open for further replies.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
So I have been vaping since 2010, and still use my original REO's with a rba. Back in the day, I would gift a new vaper with an ego to get them started because it was cheap, simple, and had just enough battery life to not have to recharge constantly. Also, it was easy to switch out attys and try different flavors without worrying about leaky tanks.

I met a young man who smokes 2 packs a day menthol, and is really open to switching. I have a pretty good supply of various flavors of 24mg 80pg/20vg liquid. What can I get him that will make it easy for him to start now (and isn't beyond my ability to help)?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So, met a young man who smokes 2 packs a day menthol, and is really open to switching. I have a pretty good supply of various flavors of 24mg 80pg/20vg liquid. What can I get him that will make it easy for him to start now (and isn't beyond my ability to help)?

The Univapo Kipo refillable pod system is a great modern alternative to an ego setup and performs a whole lot better. I highly recommend it for a smoker. I's very simple to use and works very well.

Unfortunately, you will have to order it directly from the manufacturer. They say they ship US orders from a US warehouse so it may not take long at all to get it.
    Univapo | Kipo Pod Kit

The downside is your friend will have to buy pods from Univapo as it is unlikely a local store will carry them.

Careful buying a smoker a box mod or other larger types of kits. Many smokers are not "hip" to something that isn't small when they first start on the vaping journey. All that money you spend may just go to waste and they will just stick with the cigarettes - total waste. Best to start small (unless the smoker specifically expresses interest in a box mod) and let them upgrade to a larger system if they wish.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mlinky

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    So I have been vaping since 2010, and still use my original REO's with a RBA. Back in the day, I would gift a new vaper with an ego to get them started because it was cheap, simple, and had just enough battery life to not have to recharge constantly. Also, it was easy to switch out attys and try different flavors without worrying about leaky tanks.

I met a young man who smokes 2 packs a day menthol, and is really open to switching. I have a pretty good supply of various flavors of 24mg 80pg/20vg liquid. What can I get him that will make it easy for him to start now (and isn't beyond my ability to help)?

I would go with the Innokin Z-Biip. It's not a pod it's an AIO, has a long battery life along with an assortment of available coils, and is a good mid-range device (in between a cheap pod and an actual mod) with an affordable price.

Innokin Platform Z-BIIP 16W Pod Kit

As an experienced vaper I have 4 of these on top of my regular gear (I'm a squonker myself) for using when out and about. I would have loved these when I first started vaping.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @mlinky - If you want to get 1 of the Innokin Z-BIIP Pod Kits talked about above...the US vendor below has them on Sale for just $6.99 per kit, instead of the $27.99 price at Element Vape. You can also click on the Get Coupons button (next to where you select the quantity of kits) for a coupon code to save even more. They also sell the replacement Z-coils, too.

Innokin ZBiip Kit

Last edited:

mlinky

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    The Univapo Kipo refillable pod system is a great modern alternative to an ego setup and performs a whole lot better. I highly recommend it for a smoker. I's very simple to use and works very well.

Careful buying a smoker a box mod or other larger types of kits. Many smokers are not "hip" to something that isn't small when they first start on the vaping journey. All that money you spend may just go to waste and they will just stick with the cigarettes - total waste. Best to start small (unless the smoker specifically expresses interest in a box mod) and let them upgrade to a larger system if they wish.

Great feedback, Thanks! If he sticks with it, I'll gift him one of my REOs, or he may just want to try other things. :)

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

mlinky

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    I would go with the Innokin Z-Biip. It's not a pod it's an AIO, has a long battery life along with an assortment of available coils, and is a good mid-range device (in between a cheap pod and an actual mod) with an affordable price.

Innokin Platform Z-BIIP 16W Pod Kit

As an experienced vaper I have 4 of these on top of my regular gear (I'm a squonker myself) for using when out and about. I would have loved these when I first started vaping.

@mlinky - If you want to get 1 of the Innokin Z-BIIP Pod Kits talked about above...the US vendor below has them on Sale for just $6.99 per kit, instead of the $27.99 price at Element Vape. You can also click on the Get Coupons button (next to where you select the quantity of kits) for a coupon code to save even more. They also sell the replacement Z-coils, too.

Innokin ZBiip Kit

Thanks OP and JC! This looks like a great option, and I'm really glad to see such a reasonable price. May get one for myself. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread