Help, automatic 510 not vaping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
The red LED will light up when I prime it, but when I take the second, long pull, then it stops lighting up and I get no vape or hit whatsoever. I just followed some instructins on this forum about blowing out the shipping primer prior to this occurring. I also have a manual 510 that I did the same thing to, but it is just fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The red LED will light up when I prime it, but when I take the second, long pull, then it stops lighting up and I get no vape or hit whatsoever. I just followed some instructins on this forum about blowing out the shipping primer prior to this occurring. I also have a manual 510 that I did the same thing to, but it is just fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

The 510 auto doesn't really need a primer puff but... Blowing out the shipping fluid in the atty as long as it wasn't attached to the battery and you dried off the battery end of the atty didn't cause this. IF you dripped on the atty with the auto it is very likely that you've fried the battery. I have one dead batt - a 510 auto that I got long after I had the manuals and was so used to dripping I forgot and overloaded the auto.

Try another atty (if it's a new one just puff because of the shipping fluid) and see if it works. The best way to see if a batt is truly dead is with a multimeter:

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

There are some 'battery fixes' but you'll have to do a search for them and I don't really recommend then until you know the battery is 'dead'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread