HELP!!! Brand new Buzzer in distress..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I am copying this from another post so that it gets seen quicker. Help please....

Well......after a short nap with my little one, the batts were fully charged. =) Loaded the batts, put on carto number one (SR) got a decent hit.....and that was it???

Tried two more cartos (one SR and one LR) that are already in use (as was the first) and the same thing is happening. It's acting like there's a short or something. I don't know but i hope you all know what to suggest.

Lights on unit work as they are supposed to when not under load. (Red when on, blue when button pressed) As soon as a carto is on there it looks like it wants to change to blue, but it's more purple, and I barely hear a weak sizzle. Please tell me there is a simple solution for this??? HELP Buzz Army!!! :(

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Tracy, check to see if there's any debris in the connecter. It could be that there's a tiny piece of something down in there that's causing a short between the center post and the threaded wall of the connecter. ?? Maybe??

Looks clean as a whistle??? Acts the same regardless of whether I use the shorty adapter or not. Has me stumped...but that's not hard to do. lol Thanks Mist

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
What's the carto resistance? If they're low ohm make sure to turn the voltage down (unlikely your problem, but just in case...).
Also, look at the top cap top screw, make sure you see a black insulator/washer there, poking out around the screw head.

Tried both Standard Resistance(3ohm) and Low Resistance (2ohm). Rubber washer....check! Top center screw was a bit loose, tightened it up carefully....still doing the same. Ugh!

Last edited:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Oh no Tracy!!! And you waited so patiently for your BP :(

Where do you have the hit control dial set? Green, yellow, red?

Did you try a different set of batts? Did you make sure the bottom cap screw is snug? The side (ground) screw?

I think I'm gonna cry for you!

Thanks Bov, and I might cry with ya!!!! lol Didn't try the other set of batts yet, will check other screws but I was "skeered" to mess with things. lol

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Another unlikely but possible, check the bottom cap and bottom of the tube edge, make sure they are clean. The ground path is from the edge of the bottom cap touching the edge of the tube.

Will check it now Mark. It's so brand new it smells of solder??? lol I am so non mechanical guys!!! I took 2 pics and will try to upload them here quickly. One showing button pressed and light is blue, second is button pressed with carto on and its' red. =(

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
OMG Bovinia!!!!!! I am gonna kiss your whole face girl!!!! It's bad batteries. Changed them out to the extra set I bought and Waaaa Laaaa! She's vaping like a grape ape for sure now!!!!!!!

Woooo Hooooooo!!! Who would have thought brand new batts could be bad? They are though because I retried the first set and it did it all over again. =)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Muaaaahzzzzzzzzzz

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Wooty Woot Woot!! Kisses accepted girl
air_kiss.gif

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Will do Mike and Mist! Thanks a bunch. Will let ya know how it turns out. =) Man this VV is awesome!!!!

I have a date with some you tube vids tomorrow....punching or slotting cartos and using the M1A1 tank. Had enough excitement for one day today. lol
OK you can isolate it to one battery by marking them and swapping one out at a time until if fails then you know what one is bad ok ?If it is bad , we will see.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
OK you can isolate it to one battery by marking them and swapping one out at a time until if fails then you know what one is bad ok ?If it is bad , we will see.

You got it and will do! I marked them already (I'm a bit .... like that) as to the first set I was using. Will try recharging them making sure they have proper contact. ***crossing fingers*** ;)

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
What, I missed all the excitement? Left us hanging between threads? :p

Glad you got it figured out Tracy, I had the exact thing happen to me with a new batt. You get the red and blue led at the same time, so it looks purple. You will get the same "color" every time when it's time to change batts. Plus your "hit" suddenly becomes cold so its easy to tell when the batts are in need of swapping.

You got it and will do! I marked them already (I'm a bit .... like that) as to the first set I was using.

I guess were all .... here cause I have my sets marked also like 1A,1B,2A,2B. They say it helps to reverse the order to put even stress on the batts, so I've been doing that also. (More .... stuff :) )

Congrats on yor new baby, and go vape it like you stole it, Girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread