HELP!!! Can't get the tank off the Cobra RBA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
So, I got a new colored tank I would like to put on the Cobra, and to my surprise I cant get the dang tank off!!!
I thought they were ment to come off! I am wrong? Myself and others (who have better hand strength than myself) have tried with no success. I dont want to break the existing tank, but I am stuck!!!
Any suggestions??

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
some of them ship with the bigger o rings on- been there done this lol.
i put it on the provari and grabbed the tank with a wash cloth and just twisted and pulled slowly till it let loose a little then ran it under the faucet for a sec to get wet and slowly worked the tank a bit up and down till the water worked in and made it easier to get off. once off i got thinner o rings.

on the bright side you never have to worry bout a leak huh lol

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
How are the clouds with the Cobra? Does it setup easier than a Z-atty or Did? I'm using the ghetto AGA-t +, its just a hassle to setup. Looking for something that doesn't always need pliers on the center post.

The Cobra has much nicer hardware on the center post. It has a knurled top nut that a person can actually get their fingers on.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
How are you trying to remove it? Cobras don't come apart in the middle, like some RBAs do. The tank should slide up toward the top. Once you get it past the bottom o ring, it should slide the rest of the way fairly easily.

Yeah, I am trying to pull the tank straight off from the bottom cap, then obviously off the top cap at the end!! It is just SOOOO TIGHT, will not budge.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
some of them ship with the bigger o rings on- been there done this lol.
i put it on the provari and grabbed the tank with a wash cloth and just twisted and pulled slowly till it let loose a little then ran it under the faucet for a sec to get wet and slowly worked the tank a bit up and down till the water worked in and made it easier to get off. once off i got thinner o rings.

on the bright side you never have to worry bout a leak huh lol

LOL!! Tank leaks have never been a problem with this one!! I did try to screw it on to my mod and pull the tank off, but I felt that there was too much torque and stress on the 510 connection and I didnt want to ruin my mod!! So that didnt work for me!!
This thing is STUCK.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
How are the clouds with the Cobra? Does it setup easier than a Z-atty or Did? I'm using the ghetto AGA-t +, its just a hassle to setup. Looking for something that doesn't always need pliers on the center post.

My Cobra is my favorite Genni atty!! I really like the center post with only two brass knurled bolds!! The three on the AGA-T can be a hassle to use. Two is much easier and secure when sinching down on the wire.
Clouds!!!!!!!.....Yeah she makes plumes of vapor and good taste as well. As you know, and am sure have read, the Cobra has a 1mm air hole so it is considered to have a "tight draw". I prefer this draw over both my AGA-T's and the Zen. I dont own a Zen, but I have vaped a couple before and they are definately LOOSE, but I think you get used to how your device hits and just adjust your draw style.

When all is said and done, Genni's are just a tube, mesh and wire!!! Thats it!! So your performace is based on personal set up, wick prep and coil wraps!! My AGA's and Cobra both have great vapor production and taste, but obviously, the Cobra is a more quality build and constructed out of titanium!!! Better quality hands down, but the AGA's for the price are a good hitting, entry level atty!!! IMO
and of course YMMV!!!

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I find the Cobra definitely easier to set up than the AGA's. but, I think that my ZAU easier to set up than my Cobra.

The Cobras platform is definately more norrow than other gen attys, and has a terrible habit of having that precarious top wire hot spot!!! It can be a pain to set up at times (but not unlike any other genni) some days are just "Bad Hair Days" for no d*mn good reason.

matthewb

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
OC
Thanks for the input on the Cobra. I am just debating on what the best investment is. The Cobra is not in local stock. The short Did($175) and the Z-atty U($159) are in stock. The Cobra is supposed to be in next week. I am OK with the AGA-T+ performance for now, I would just like to get a better quality unit to get rid of the occasional dry hit that tastes like burnt metal. I like the loose draw of the 1/16" hole and would drill out either unit to that spec. I have the Nimbus for backup which blows away any tank genni I have tried, just a hassle to drip.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thanks for the input on the Cobra. I am just debating on what the best investment is. The Cobra is not in local stock. The short Did($175) and the Z-atty U($159) are in stock. The Cobra is supposed to be in next week. I am OK with the AGA-T+ performance for now, I would just like to get a better quality unit to get rid of the occasional dry hit that tastes like burnt metal. I like the loose draw of the 1/16" hole and would drill out either unit to that spec. I have the Nimbus for backup which blows away any tank genni I have tried, just a hassle to drip.

Cobras are in stock here: Cobra Rebuildable Atomiser 3ML

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I don't know if the OP was ever able to get the Pyrex off....but when I tried to replace it with a new tank...it seemed like there was no way to make it budge. I tried and tried but only got it go up for about a 1/2 mm with my fingers. Then I got my handy small screw driver set and used the smallest flat head screwdriver like a crow bar and slowly went around the tank prying it up another 1/2 mm....then used larger and larger screwdrivers to get it up 3mm....then it was easy to pull it off with my fingers after that.

matthewb

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
OC
Cobra%204.jpg
This thing is awesome!

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
Yeah, this thing is a pain to take off. I have to slowly pull it off little by little but it's so snug that I'm afraid of cracking the tube. I'm definitely buying a back up tube for it. I just ordered some new syringes with long blunt needles so I can just rinse out the old juice by flushing water in and out of it instead of removing the tube out every time I want to change juices.

I'll probably have to look into changing the o rings on it to make it easier to take off in the future, like mentioned above. This gen atty is awesome though. I'm loving it. Was planning on getting the Zap but when I heard about the straw like airy draw, I decided on this one. Don't have any regrets. I do plan on getting the Zap though eventually just so I can add it to my collection and see what all the fuss is about.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Just had to literally smash the existing tank off to replace it with a different colour tank, just ridiculous. Getting the top off is such a pain in the ... as well I've just also done away with the bottom top cap seal. At least now i can get the top cap on and off easy (and it is still not loose).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread