Help! Cant stop my Griffin25 to stop leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avid Vapor

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Everyone

I have been using the Griffin 25 for a week now and I can't stop it from leaking time to time, particularly when I refill it, and it always leaks through the air holes...

I have a 3mm Kanthal Clapton dual built in it reading at .55 ohms and my wicks are till the lower end of the wick ring. A buddy of mine wicked it once for me and he kept the wick till the bottom so I could see the cotton through the juice feed holes and it did not leak at that time. Before I made my first built i saw this youtube video where the guy kept his wick till the lower ring and I have seen this concept acclaimed by many in the community. However it is not working for me so help please!

Avid Vapor

Nov 4, 2016
Why not rewick it the way your buddy did to the bottom of the well so you can see it through the juice holes? If that worked, and you got a good vape on it, why try to reproduce some other wicking method from a YouTube video that's making your tank leak?
Thanks! I thought to myself the same while typing this. I guess the only reason why is bc i saw couple videos where people wick it till the lower ring and many commenters have appreciated that method. I will try the longer wick next.

Btw do you have any experience with the Griffin? If so what worked best for you?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I looked at the Griffin 25 mm tank but got something else. I do have the Vaperesso Gemni 22 mm RBA tank which I believe is similar. Top airflow, liquid flow control, and bottom air flow. I originally had the bottom air flow leak after filling and a friend linked in a video to prevent this.
This is the video for the Vaperesso

you can also find vids for the Griffin 25 with leaks by putting a search for it.
A few different things could cause leaks but mine was a air pressure build up when putting the top back on forcing out liquid that went into the bottom air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread