Help! Carto Threads Broke and are Stuck in my Battery Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
A Boge 510 carto just broke off from my eGo 1000 battery, and the carto threads are still in the battery threads. I don't want to mess up the battery threads and have no idea how I'm gonna get the carto threads out. The end of the carto broke exactly where the threads start at the end of the carto.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Jam a pencil sharpened end into it hard enough to wedge and twist them out. Break some of the end of the pencil off if it won't reach in far enough.

Thanks, so far, there's not enough room to get anything in between the battery threads and the carto threads. I know I need to figure out how to crack or break the carto threads, then it'll be a cinch to take them out. I'm just afraid I'm gonna screw up the battery threads.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Insert needlenose pliers. Jam open and try to turn.

Sounded like a brilliant idea. Ran out to the garage, got 3 needle-nosed pliers, and nope, it's too smooth inside there to turn the tight threads, nothing for the pliers to grab onto. Tried putting a part of a latex glove inside first, then the pliers, and nope.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Someone else had a problem similar and they said they used the eraser end of a pencil along with toothpicks to make a tight fit. It could have been tweezers, but I think toothpicks. Filled the hole till jammed full and twisted--it turn those threads right out. Worth a try!

Another brilliant idea, thanks! Looking around for a pencil... will go find one, but that was similar to my first thought. I tried a rubber thing that I had removed from some pens yesterday, and that didn't work. I'll try to fill up the hole better and keep trying.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I went back and found the thread. It was a mechanical pencil and q-tip!?
Hope you get it out.

Yea, thanks so much! For a while, I was using a q-tip and alcohol, hoping to loosen it up and then added the latex glove, and then the tweezers. At first, I didn't realize the broken threads were turning, but then I saw they had moved from the bottom of the battery's threads to the top of the battery's threads. I was like, YEAH!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Can you post a pic? I tend to be pretty hand with that sort of thing, but I'm having a hard time visualizing where and how it broke, and I've never used a boge carto

Without posting a pic, because I ain't gonna put those broken carto threads back into the battery threads (lol), but visualize a Boge carto with 510 threads screwed into any 510 battery. Then the carto breaks off in your hand at exactly the spot where the threads at the end of the carto start. That is, the very end of the carto's threads are still screwed all the way into the battery...at the very bottom of the battery's threads.

I just put on another carto, and it vapes fine!

Thanks again, everyone!

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
It's out! Thank you so much! The needle-nosed pliers idea helped immensely, especially when I tried it with the tweezers and the latex glove I have on my desk for those times when an adapter is too tight to turn.

*runs in yelling* Here I come to save the dayyyyyyyyyyy! ...........
Awww shucks! *walks back out*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread