Help change Disney Parks Policy or make them put at least one E Cigarette/Vaping Areas at each Disney Park so were not exposed to secondhand smoke wit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I hope this is in the right place and not meant to be spam at all. I think and i'm sure there are others out there that would think that this is a serious matter. I know there was a closed discussion about using E Cigarettes/vaping at Disney Parks and as of right now they consider it as smoke which is not the case. Many people that have used them in non smoking areas have either had to "Stealth vape" or if a castmember sees them using it they tell you you need to go to a Smoking Area.

I am a Disney Fanatic and go all the time to Disneyland and wear my Ego Twist around my neck with a lanyard. I have been told this on more then one occasion. Some are nice about it and understand there is a difference that its "VAPORS" not "SMOKE"but they just say they are following policy. Other have been super rude to me about it which is not tolerated by Disney standards no matter what the issue is. I have made complaint reports on those cat members at City Hall at Disneyland or Chamber of Commerce at California Adventure. Another time I have been told I have to go off property or to my car to use it if i'm not going to use a Smoking Area. This is a huge hassle as you know cause going to the car doesn't take just 5 minutes. You have to walk out of the park and take a tram or monorail and that to your car and back can take well over 30 minutes just to vape for a few minutes.

The issue i'm having and i'm sure there is many others facing this same issue. You are using a E Cigarette cause its a much MUCH healthier alternative and there hasn't been any downsides to using a E Cigarette so far. Some people have quite cigarettes and gone to E Cigarettes or some haven't been cigarette smokers at all like I have. Me personally I cant stand the smell of cigarette smoke it makes me congested very, I have even gotten nausea, or dizzy from it, The worst part is that its super hazardous to your health will all those over 7,000 bad chemicals that can cause cancer and other diseases. but for me when I use my E Cigarette with E juice mine contains 0MG of nicotine. I just use it for the flavor and something to do as I have a mild case of Aspergers and if anyone know anything about Aspergers is that they cant sit or stand around or listen to a lecture for long periods of time without having something in their hand to play with or something to keep them busy while they wait or listen. So when i'm told I have to use it in a Smoking Area I get very irritated as some of you might because if we go to a Smoking Area we are exposed to secondhand smoke and a high risk of cancer or some other disease.

What im trying to do it make Disney either change is policy to allow us to vape anywhere in the park just as long as were not bothering other guests or designate at least one if not more areas at each of the Disney Parks a E Cigarette/Vapor Area and ONLY for E Cigarette/vapor users far enough away from the smell of the smoke and the secondhand smoke because by being in the Smoking Areas with our E Cigarettes to vape its like there is not point in using our E Cigarettes cause of the smoke and some state that secondhand smoke is even more dangerous then directly smoking.

I would like peoples thoughts on this and I have also made a Change.org petition so Disney can see the value in this! I'm also super serious about this cause and I will go to City Hall/Chamber Of Commerce, calling Disney phone numbers, emailing them to complain out the issue as I hope there will a lot more people complaining about this issue so things can change and us E Cigarette users can all be healthier.

The Change.org petition:
http://chn.ge/1zO6VLe

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
There's no way they'll allow vaping anywhere in the park. As for a vaping area, I seriously doubt they'll do that either. They're not going to spend money (or real estate) constructing an area that a small number of people want to use for an optional activity that could bother others - regardless of the health issues.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
It's all about the numbers. When there are as many vapers as smokers, Disney, and other places, will find a way to allocate some space to the vapers.

Does anyone know the number of smokers left in the U.S. v.s the number of vapers?

By the way, I'm not so sure the wording of the petition was well served with so many uses of the term E Cigarette.
I think that term has become a plague to the vaping community.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I could see one special vaping area or something in an amusement park, somewhere where the existing smoking area is marginal, or where smoking would be a problem, or just next to an overcrowded smoking area. But I wouldn't bug them about it, as long as they do allow vaping at all.... I was told at a park they didn't allow it everywhere mostly because smokers might mistake it for allowing smoking everywhere (like some care). They did freak out when a couple started cloud chasing on a ride platform.

About the only time normal amounts of smoke bothers me is when vaping or eating, or in a vehicle.

I think sometimes its a case of it you don't get caught, you haven't done anything wrong, or certainly as wrong as something flagrant. That and rules are there if they're needed but don't need to be enforced when, in the judgement of those enforcing, there's no real problem. If a gray area, no explanation needed, after all it is against the rules.

Well actually the same argument was made by me and someone else that works at Universal when told we had to go to a smoking area and once they heard what we had to say they now allow me to use my vaporizer anywhere in the park as well as some employees I know that use vaporizers now allow them to use them in the outside break room because they don't want to have us exposed to the secondhand smoke. If they aren't going to spend extra money then they should change the smoking area in Fantasyland to a vaping area as that is the WORST spot for people to smoke there is huge foot traffic and the matterhorn queue line there and from in the queue I can sometimes smell smoke and guests are exposed to secondhand smoke there.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    $14.1 billion......disney revenue. That was in 2013 and it's grown by the year to new records.

I really don't think they are that concerned about complaints from approx 6.1% - 8.7% of US adults that vape, (out of approx. over 132,549,000 attendees at Disney) and most of that 6-8% of vapers in the US probably doesn't even go to Disney. :) So it's probably more like 1% of their attendees vape.

You can try, but ..........maybe they will be open to a few vaping only areas.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I would like peoples thoughts on this and I have also made a Change.org petition so Disney can see the value in this! I'm also super serious about this cause and I will go to City Hall/Chamber Of Commerce, calling Disney phone numbers, emailing them to complain out the issue as I hope there will a lot more people complaining about this issue so things can change and us E Cigarette users can all be healthier.

The Change.org petition:
    http://chn.ge/1zO6VLe

Vaping at the Disneyland has come up before. I say Now what I said Then.

If 1 person wants to Change a Policy, the Chances of it happening are About Zero.

If a Handful of people want a Change, well, the changes get a Little Better. But are still are Not Great.

But if a Large Crowd of People want a Change, then Policy Makers start to take Notice.

It would be Very Easy for Disneyland to have a Vaping Only designated area. And e-Cigarette users would probably Applaud their Change in Policy. But Disneyland Isn't reading this Thread. So how many people have they been Contacted by requesting a Vaping Only Area? 1? 2~3? A Handful?

It's Hard to Effect Policy Change when the Only Feedback is in the Form of a Post on the ECF.

If you Want Disneyland (or Anyone else for that matter) to consider Changing there Policy, get every person you know to Write Disneyland and Politely tell them what you Want.

Right On VannyPak.

Here is another Hot Tip if you want Someone to do Something for you.

Do Their Job for Them.

Download a Map of the Park, Pick a Out of the Way Spot, Draw a Red Circle around it, and then ask Disneyland to put a Couple of Benches and a Sign that Says "e-Cigarette Use Only - No Smoking".

Then include some Text about how having a Vaping Only Spot would Greatly Reduce Incidents of people using e-Cigarettes where Disneyland doesn't want them Used. And Appeases and Rewards those who have Given Up Smoking using an e-Cigarette.

People are Inherently Lazy. Many Times if you do the Legwork for them, your chances of Success go Way Up.

BTW - When Contacting Disneyland with your Vaping Only Location, Including something like the Drexel Study showing that 2nd Hand Vapor pose No Real Risk to people is also a Good Call.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7064-disney-parks-new-rules-e-cigarettes.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread