Help :/ DNA40 nickel temp protection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetatog

Jan 13, 2015
USA
I'm sorry if this is not where this thread belongs but if I knew what the issue was I could probably categorize it properly lol. I have recently been encountering an issue that I can't seem to solve. I'll walk you through it. I will build a coil using NI200 and check the ohms. I'm normally around .22 Then I will heat the coil, check for imperfections, fix it, etc. I then let the coil sit for a while to get to room temperature, place it on the device, make sure the ohms are reading correctly as I built it, and fire the device. It will hit temp protection very quickly and produce little to no vapor. If I unscrew the atty, hit the fire button, screw it back in and fire it again, everything works perfectly. I can vape no problem. If I set it down for a while and go back, same problem. I have to unscrew and screw it back on to get the board to ask if it's a new coil, I select yes and it works again. I have checked my connections (especially the positive) and everything looks fine. So I guess my question is, what is happening that is making me reset it each time? This is the response I got from Evolv: "The dna 40 goes into a refinement mode after it sits for a few minutes unfired. Refinement mode can last up to an hour. While in refinement mode, it samples the coil resistance to get the most accurate reading possible.
It may refine your coil up or down in resistance dependent upon the resistance it detects while refining.
Typically, once it has refined, the dna 40 will not make further future adjustments to the reference resistance unless you disconnect the coil.
If you find that it is refining out vastly different each time this is usually due to connection issues between the coil and atomizer.
If you are using through hole post connections, try moving the connections up to the screw terminals. If you are not using through hole connections, try snugging up the current connections."

Ok that makes sense..kinda. Except the fact that this happens on multiple attys and it happens every time I want to vape. Idk what to do :/ I have made so many nickel coils with no issues before and this just started happening fairly recently. I'm using a vapor flask 2.1 if that helps.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
There are multiple threads about this subject.

All I can tell you is that the problem is ALWAYS one of two things.

Either the coil is not connected securely to the atty.

Or the atty is not connected securely to the mod. This means that lots of attys with springs or adjustable 510 pins are going to give you fits.

I was having the exact same problems. Once I stumbled on an rda with good coil connections and a solid 510 connection all my problems disappeared. I could take that atty and then put it on any DNA40 device and it just worked every time.

I would suggest reading extensively in the threads for any of the DNA40 devices for any other help you may need.

Reactions: tweetatog

tweetatog

Jan 13, 2015
USA
So the devices I'm using that all have had the same issue is the vertex v2, veritas, Lemo drop, Lemo 2. I understand that it may be a connection issue but I just have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that they all used to work without this problem and then one day they all don't work without unscrewing and screwing them down? Just weird. It makes me think it's the mod and not the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread