• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
First off - If you are running FAH on a laptop, you need to get a cooling pad because FAH runs warm.

To change CPU usage open your FAHControl. Open it then change your Novice dropdown to Expert. Then check on your configuration tab, then the Advance tab. You can also select the project you want to do most of your work for.

Thanks but I'm running this program on my PC and I don't see this dropdown box. :confused:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Open to full screen - the drop down box is there.

Duh! No wonder I couldn't see that box. :facepalm: Thank you. :)

Now I have CPU set at 20% (I just picked a number) and my PC fan has slowed down a little. I expected it to slow down a lot. I also chose which disease I wanted but still don't see that it's doing anything. I don't see a project being worked on but maybe that just takes time.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Wow, I remember doing cluster computing for the Seti project back in the late 90s. Time to start putting my hex-core processor to work for once ... count me in! Bravo to bringing this to ECF btw!

f4pn9v.png

And so it begins! :vapor::thumbs:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Here are the guides for advanced options:

Linux: Folding@home - LinGuide
Windows: Folding@home - WinGuide

The Mac guide is under progress but might be somewhat similar to the Window version for some options.
(GUI seems similar) I had to maximize the client window to get the Advanced option.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I don't remember if I had to hit the "fold" button.......:blink:

That didn't do anything for me.

What gets me is there doesn't seem to be a project running even though status says running and I have a project # but it shows no progress and no project description and my PC is still running at 100%. So what the hell is it doing? That's a rhetorical question. :)

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Anyone else running on a Mac? I get no options for CPU scaling, or anything like that. Even under the expert tab.

Not like it's taxing my system or anything. not even close. only using about 5% at most. Just wondering.

I'm folding on my iMac. Change your mode to expert. Then click on Configure. Then go to the advance tab.

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
Here are the guides for advanced options:

Linux: Folding@home - LinGuide
Windows: Folding@home - WinGuide

The Mac guide is under progress but might be somewhat similar to the Window version for some options.
(GUI seems similar)

No MAC guide... Windows GUI seems similar to OSX???!! THIS... IS... OUTRAGE!!!!!!

1279945981809.jpg

I tolerate this insolence for peace between our peoples and the fight against cancer....​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread