Help fixing my OLED screen on a wismec sinuous v200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyssa M

Mar 31, 2019
Hello. My name is Alyssa. I need help with my vape I just bought it two weeks ago. The vape I bought is a wismec sinuous V200. I'm so upset because I drop it and now the OLED screen doesn't work, it doesn't light up and there's no cracks on the screen. My vape does work just not the screen and it's so hard to use now because I cant even see the percentage of battery life, and I dont even know what I have it set on either. I'm hoping that I can fix it. But i dont know how. I was hoping that I can get so help. Thank u

Attachments

• 15540326269334598058528903515815.jpg
    15540326269334598058528903515815.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 15540326724697460597759845405054.jpg
    15540326724697460597759845405054.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello Alyssa M, the bad news is that unfortunately the drop broke the screen and that is not that fixable by most folks. As how do you take it apart and then how do you find out what has failed?

If you do need a replacement mod, for in the future. You could look at Geekvape Aegis range of mods or Vandy Vape Jackaroo, as they're designed to take some punishment including the occasional drop.

Alyssa M

Mar 31, 2019
Hello Alyssa M, the bad news is that unfortunately the drop broke the screen and that is not that fixable by most folks. As how do you take it apart and then how do you find out what has failed?

If you do need a replacement mod, for in the future. You could look at Geekvape Aegis range of mods or Vandy Vape Jackaroo, as they're designed to take some punishment including the occasional drop.
Thank you I'll check that out

Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    First I would see if the vape shop you bought it from will take it back and give you another one.

They can return it to the manufacturer and get their money back, so they will sometimes exchange a dead vape mod within the first 30 days of purchase.

If they won't give you another one, then your just out of luck and will have to purchase a new one.

I agree with buying a GeekVape Aegis, you can drop those without breaking them..

Sorry your having a bad time of it.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Heey Alyssa...if you're the practical type you might want to try and open the mod up and see if you can get to the screen and chip. Screens are normally just plugged in via a flex cable it is possible you have just dislodged the plug...:)

Hope that makes sense :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @bigbob2322, Geekvape Aegis range and Vandy Vape Jackaroo.

I believe that the Aegis range just got a new member that's perfect for Mouth To Lung vaping

But if you want the best battery life from a single battery mod, you may to consider a mod that uses a 21700 battery. Due to 21700 batteries having a larger capacity than 18650 batteries.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Heey Alyssa...if you're the practical type you might want to try and open the mod up and see if you can get to the screen and chip. Screens are normally just plugged in via a flex cable it is possible you have just dislodged the plug...:)

Hope that makes sense :)

That voids any warranty.. let's see if she can return this mod she bought two weeks ago first

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    @bigbob2322, Geekvape Aegis range and Vandy Vape Jackaroo.

I believe that the Aegis range just got a new member that's perfect for Mouth To Lung vaping

But if you want the best battery life from a single battery mod, you may to consider a mod that uses a 21700 battery. Due to 21700 batteries having a larger capacity than 18650 batteries.
    I have a Jackaroo on pre- order, can't wait to test it out.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Would like to know what you think of it after using it for a while, as it's the only ruggedised mod that has been designed around the 21700 battery format. The Aegis was just modified with a thinner battery cap and I think that would affect the integrity of the mod, so it wouldn't necessarily be able to put up with the same level of punishment.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Would like to know what you think of it after using it for a while, as it's the only ruggedised mod that has been designed around the 21700 battery format. The Aegis was just modified with a thinner battery cap and I think that would affect the integrity of the mod, so it wouldn't necessarily be able to put up with the same level of punishment.
    I'll keep you posted.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Warranty it first, if you can, then try to fix it!!

If you are new to vaping I'm not going to suggest fixing it yourself, I'm sorry. It's just not really safe if you don't know what you are doing.

It MAY be possible to purchase another screen from the manufacturer along with instructions for fixing it. That happened with one of my mods (well, it was a Cylon, it was a known issue.)

Good luck warranty FIRST.

Also Legend, yes, for a backup mod, you can keep the one you have safely near some carpeted ground and take a Legend or Agis out and about.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I'm hoping that I can fix it. But i dont know how. I was hoping that I can get so help.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    If you can adjust wattage/voltage up or down, you might want keep this mod as a backup. I can adjust my mod by not looking at the screen simply by find in the lowest power setting where I can first detect a small cloud of vaper. From there, it just a few clicks upward till I balance taste and desired cloud output.
    Could look at:
    All metal body Smoant Battlestar 200W TC.
    re: You are being redirected...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Maybe it's gone into Stealth Mode like Diver9543 suggested???

I don't have any Wismec devices so I just watched a YT video and he says if your screen is blank, around 2:14, to try changing the stealth mode.

To turn on and off stealth mode on their devices you press and hold the Fire button and the "-" (minus) button.

Simple one to try, maybe it'll work, otherwise like most are saying warranty time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread