Travel and Vaping HELP! Flying tomorrow. Battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
Is there a maximum ammount of batteries i can take on a plane? I'm doing only carry on and was planning on putting my liquids in a quart size bag. I'm flying Delta. They said this on their internet site:

"Fuel Cell Systems

• Portable electronic devices (i.e. cameras, cellular phones, laptop computers, and camcorders) powered by fuel cell systems, and not more than two spare fuel cell cartridges per passenger when transported in carry-on baggage.
  • No more than two spare fuel cell cartridges maybe carried by a passenger.
  • Fuel cell systems containing fuel and fuel cell cartridges including spare cartridges are permitted in carry-on baggage only.
  • Fuel cell cartridges may not be refillable by the user. Refueling the fuel cell systems is not permitted except that the installation of a spare cartridge is allowed.
  • Each fuel cell cartridge and system must be durably marked by the manufacturer with the wording: "APPROVED FOR CARRIAGE IN AIRCRAFT CABIN ONLY". "
So does this limit me to how many batteries i can carry?
I was planning on bringing my Tornado, a 510 batt, my BB(one 14500), PT(one10440) and i'm gonna make a snus tin mod that uses a 14500 batt but i don't have a battery for it yet so i was just going to use the same batt thats in the BB.

~EDIT~:
Ok sorry for freaking out, I found this further down the site:
Lithium Batteries
It’s okay to travel with consumer electronic and medical devices (e.g. watches, calculators, cameras, cell phones, laptops, camcorders, hearing aids, etc.) containing lithium cells or batteries. All spare lithium batteries not housed in electrical devices must be in carry-on baggage only and individually protected to prevent short circuits.

Tips to properly transport spare lithium batteries:

Pack spare batteries in carry-on baggage.
Keep spare batteries in the original retail packaging to prevent unintentional activation or short-circuiting.
If original packaging is not available, effectively insulate battery terminals by isolating spare batteries from contact with other batteries and/or metal.
Specifically, place each battery in its own protective case, plastic bag, or package or place tape across the battery's contacts to isolate terminals.
Take steps to prevent crushing, puncturing, or putting a high degree of pressure on the battery, as this can cause an internal short circuit, resulting in overheating.

So this doesn't limit me on how many batteries i can bring right?

Last edited:

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
Wahoo! I landed in Ft. Lauderdale safely!!
Getting everything on the plane wasn't a problem at all. Actually it was really funny, the guy looked at all my stuff and is like "i tried one of these, those r awesome". And then they checked my shoes for bombs......... But they let me take all my ecigs! I wasn't able to vape very often when i was on the plan but i snuck a few in here and there. Good flight though!

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I just got back from Orlando and had no issues with my e cig supplies. No one at the Dallas or Orlando airports said a thing. I had my GGTS, GGSlim, 2 18650, 4 10440, and 6 14450 batteries in my backpack. Plus the regulation quart baggy with my liquids.

When I had to send everything through the scanner, I did take the battery case out and place it in the bin. I figured this would make it easier for them to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread