Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi all,

fart....:p

well ive been smoking my mirage cigarette for 2 days now and have completely stopped smoking the analogue. its going great and i hardly miss the real ciggies at all (so far). i think it really helps that the mirage is exactly the same size as a regular cigarette as it tricks my mind into thinking that ive not had to give anything up!

fart.............:confused:

however, i dont know if it is coincidence or a genuine side effect but ive become really constipated! this morning i tried to go to the loo again and i spent 30 minutes just constantly farting..........CONSTANTLY! im sure that would go down as some sort of world record if i had had an official present!

fart........................:oops:

i know this is embarassing to share with people i dont know but i am very curious to see if anyone else has experienced this!

fart........................................................:cry:

HELP!!!

fart..........................................................................................8-o

Satire

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Texas
Yes this happens to everyone when they first start. After about 6 months your body will begin to adjust and the gas should stop (or almost stop) within 2-3 months after the initial 6 month period, just try to keep them silent when at work or around your spouse. Don't worry though, just start counting down the months until you are gas free AND cigarette free =)

If anyone gives you trouble just apologize and explain that it is a side effect of your new stop-smoking treatment, they shouldn't mind.

Stay strong and eat tons of baked beans, for some reason they help ease this side-effect. Good luck!

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
Hahaha.. Can't say that I have had that problem..

I was reading some articles that I found on google, and they mentioned that something about traditional smoking stimulates the colon.. another article mentioned that since a cigarette relaxes you, your bowels also become relaxed. I remember hearing something about the carbon monoxide causing bowel movements.And I also found a couple articles that mentioned something about cigarettes and laxatives. I can't hold any truth to the articles, but that could be a contributing factor.. What don't cigarettes cause though? Hahah.

Either way, could be a number of things. At least you can still fart! :D

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
OK I'm gonna plaster on a straight face and answer you.

I have found in the past that nicotine (an analog cig or two) in the morning got my bowels moving. I would smoke, then I'd have to go.

If you are using low- or no-nic juice or carts, or are using normal- or high-nic juice or carts but using a lot less, you may be constipated because your body is awaiting the nicotine "cue" to set things in motion. The resulting waste resting in your bowels would then continue to decay and would give off methane gas (it's why the stuff stinks), which might explain your flatulence.

I once read a story of an old man who lay unconcious, dying in a hospital. His digestive tract had completely shut down. A friend came to visit - essentially to bid him farewell - and commented to the doctors that this was the first time he'd seen old what's-his-name without his "wad" (of chewing tobacco). The doctors put a pinch of chaw in his cheek and the man was awake and evacuating within the hour and did not die.

Now that may be a spurious anecdote or it may be true, but the point is that the link between nicotine addiction and constipation-as-withdrawal-symptom has been well established.

I hate to suggest such a thing in an e-smoking forum, but maybe you need to have an analog or two, or vape a little bit more.

Prunes are also known to help, and there are any number of over-the-counter remedies for constipation. And of course, Beano is your friend.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
yeah, i normally always go 1st thing in the morning after i have had my coffee and a real ciggie. im using high carts which i think are 18mg and smoking just as much e cig as what i would normally smoke real cigs. ive simply replaced all my regular smoking habits with an e cig.

another day has passed.............still no sign of movement!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
i really dont want to have to smoke a real ciggie as that would make me feel as though i have failed, especially as this is the longest i have ever gone without a real cigarette. as for coffee, i probably drink about 10 strong coffee's a day!

the strange thing is that now i dont even feel as though i need to go to the toilet. i dont even feel bloated, which is remarkable seeing as i have 3 large pizza's, a curry, bags of crisps, a few chocolate bars, 3 bowls of cerial, 2 cheese on toast, half a packet of biscuits and countless other little snacks now stored in there!

when it comes...............ARMAGEDDON! TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
First of all, I am LMAO, igetcha! Secondly, I was searching to see if anyone else felt bloated since starting to use their personal vaporizer. I am not constipated nor do I have the fart problem (Thank God! :) ) However, I just feel bloated, like I am taking in too much air or something....any tips? Will this go away as well? It is rather frustrating. I have been using the super mini for about two weeks. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread