Help getting menthol taste out of atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
I always smoked menthol analogs so of course I got menthol juice. But I really like all the other flavors and I really don't like the menthol or any mint now. I have 3 atomizers that I cannot get that taste out of. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to remove this taste?:cry:

All of the e-liquids that we use (unless somebody is making a DIY that uses something wierd) are water soluable, meaning that they disolve easily in water. simply rinse your atty under running water for a few minutes, then blow it out. You can use a hair dryer if you want, but I usually just blow from the threaded end until the water is all gone. then i either let it air dry, or hook it up to a battery source and activate it for a few seconds. Voila!!! no more menthol !!!
One further hint..... I usually keep one atty just for menthol. That way, none of my other attys require massive cleaning after I use the stuff!

Hope this helps!:D

Chris

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I always smoked menthol analogs so of course I got menthol juice. But I really like all the other flavors and I really don't like the menthol or any mint now. I have 3 atomizers that I cannot get that taste out of. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to remove this taste?:cry:

I use grain alcohol (Everclear) for soaking, water for rinsing and compressed air to dry.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Some sort of cola. I use Pepsi Max. Soak completely submerged for a few hours, then run cold water through it. Dry with a hair dryer. Let it sit for a while. Prime it with a few drops of liquid, fill a cart, off you go.

I do the coke method too.
I soak mine in diet coke overnight and wash through with boiling water a few times, blow them out and then leave them to dry coil side down for a while.

VaporX

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Jersey
menthol is a tough one to fully remove.

There was a post about someone looking for small bottles an they used some breath drops.

to get rid of the mint they rinsed the bottle with organic veggie wash with great results, Not sure how it will do with an atomizer tho.

The coke method is citirc acid, you can get a bottle anywhere, better than coke because less additives(most use diet coke b/c no sugar, but it still has color preservatives and all that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread