Help! Have I vaped vg yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'd like to buy someliquid through the classifieds here, but I don't know if I've tried a vg or pg/vg liquid yet and I don't want to buy a lot of something that I might not be able to vape. None of the bottles I've received so far specify their base. I'm assuming they are pg. I have Alternasmokes (Peach, USA Blend and Cappuccino), Dekang from Heaven Gifts (RY4 and Kent) and Flu Cured that came with my Screwdriver order from Trog. I've had no problems so far. Anybody have any idea if any of these have any vg?

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thanks, and you are right. I just finished checking. My next question would be: how likely is a person with no history of allergies to have an allergy to vg?

Anything from Dekang is most likely PG. Most everything in the vaping world is PG - VG is the exception. So if it doesn't say, it's most likely PG.

STiCaveman

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Phx, AZ
While soaking up info from here through a firehose, I seem to remember that while some ppl have allergic reactions to PG and have to stick to VG, I don't recall that any adverse reactions have been observed from VG.

Best bet is to browse the "Health" section of the forum just to be sure. I haven't spent time there yet, so I have links to give you, sorry.

-Caveman

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
Yes, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction to VG. There is a thread in the health section (dont have time to dig for it). I myself get a skin rash if I go above 20%VG. My advice would be to buy a small amount of juice with 20% vg and see if you have any reaction before you invest too much in a bunch of juice you may not be able to use. Plenty of vendors offer either a 80/20 PG/VG mix or some offer a customizable option. Hope it works out for you!

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction to VG. There is a thread in the health section (dont have time to dig for it). I myself get a skin rash if I go above 20%VG. My advice would be to buy a small amount of juice with 20% vg and see if you have any reaction before you invest too much in a bunch of juice you may not be able to use. Plenty of vendors offer either a 80/20 PG/VG mix or some offer a customizable option. Hope it works out for you!

Thanks. That's good advise. Do you have a history of allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread