Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Others have mentioned repairing them with food-grade(whatever) silicone, no idea how well it works or the risks associated (assume low) but if it takes a $5 tube of silicone and time to repair it, may just be better off buying another PT 1 (cheap these days) or better yet put the money towards a PT2 etc.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Others have mentioned repairing them with food-grade(whatever) silicone, no idea how well it works or the risks associated (assume low) but if it takes a $5 tube of silicone and time to repair it, may just be better off buying another PT 1 (cheap these days) or better yet put the money towards a PT2 etc.

Yeah, I know what ya mean, I like the first Protank though, and I'm kinda collecting them... lol, They did revise the first one this year, and now put the silicone gaskets in them, design is a lil different from original ones though, they now have the bridge in them like the Protank II, but are still pressure fitted together so you still can't take them apart to clean them, Maybe I can find a retro glue style on ebay

Thanks

if you go here and look down the page just a bit there is a video
http://www.sun-vapers.com/the-fully-updated-kanger-protank-i-aka-glue-free-protank/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread