Help identifying Drip Tip - not sure what this one is for or fits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I purchased 2 drip tips in the classies.

The one in the middle is a stainless steel drip tip and does not fit into any cartos (boge or smoketech) that i have or atties either.
See how the other 2 that I already own, on either side, are smaller in diameter/circumference? Those are normal sized 510 drip tips.

im002569.jpg

im002571.jpg

Here they are laying side by side:
im002572.jpg

It is actually the "same" diameter of a carto.....so what the heck does this fit on?
What is it for? Nice heavy SS drip tip but I probably should pass it on once I figure out what you use it for. The roughness on the bottom is numbers, not roughness. :)

Hope I learn something here.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Okay.......would it fit on an 801 Fusion cartomizer? Of course not, because the "801 cartomizers are the same diameter and length as a standard 510 cartomizer ...."

The 801 then actually refers to the thread size only.

(I'm bringing this up because if I were a total newbie, which I'm not, I"d be banging my head against the wall)

I hate to appear really stupid, but the only "things" I've had experience with are 510-threaded and your average stuff like Boge and 510 atties. In trying to understand "fittings" of any sort, I actually need to see them and hold in my hands, then put the parts together. you know, like those wooden toy sets in kindergarden where you learn triangle shaped wood goes into triangle shaped hole.

So basically, this DT would have to fit onto a delivery device that is larger at the top. Having nothing to do with thread size.

So, here is what I tried it in besides a boge carto and smoketech carto:
im002573.jpg

That big black EDMCC on the right, well, that drip tip fell into it like it was going into the Grand Canyon or a volcano abyss. :)

That red thinga-ma-gig on the left (have no idea what it is but that it's a carto) drip tip in question was too big for that. (By the way, the red thing-a-ma-gig doesn't take a regular drip tip either. Or this 801-we-don't-know-what-it-is stainless steel drip tip. Nope, it takes its very own drip tip. I guess it's like the clearomizers in that way.)

So, I own something that probably has a very narrow use.....anything like that I can't give away fast enough. :). I just wanted to know so that when I give it away, I can at least tell what it will fit, so somebody else isn't spending the eveniing trying to figure it out and may actually be able to USE it.

I used to go thru this when repairing computers, you have those companies that only "their stufff" will work inside Of course, those companies are now.......bankrupt. People don't like proprietary stuff. I know I don't. :(

Johnny the person didn't know, or believe me I would have asked them. :) I'm just curious that's all. So, it's an 801 DT....so give me an EXAMPLE of what it would go on to?

Last edited:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Actually it's not an 801 after all. That red thingamajig is looks like an Echo cartomizer which do take 801 drip tips.

801 refers to the thread-type, yes. But an 801 DT will fit an 801 atty or carto, just like a 510 DT will fit 510 attys and cartos, ect.

The only other things I know of similar in size to the 801 and the EMDCC are the eGo Type A and B atties and the Go-Go. I've never used either, so your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
My guess is it is a drip tip for a 306 atomizer. I had seen drip tips available for such in the second link before and didn't understand why the base of these tips were a wider diameter. Now I know.

306 atomizer:
LR306 Atomizer

306 glass drip tips:
Glass Drip Tips

Bad, I THOUGHT about that. But look at the photo again. It's not a 306. Do you see how small the actual hole is in the middle of the SS drip tip, and how the rest of the bottom is "filled in" with stainless steel? See, that would not fit OVER a 306. It would if the entire thing was hollowed out on the bottom, but it's not.

Do you see how the air hole on the "unknown" drip tip is actually the same size as the air holes on the 510 drip tips? It is indeed, wider at the bottom like a 306 would be.......but because it's "filled in" there's no way that little air hole is going to fit OVER a 306.

Or, are you saying it's a drip tip to fit 'inside' a 306? I've never seen one of those before......I've only seen these (below), and they fit "over" the 306 atty, not inside it like a 510 DT fits inside a boge.
LR306 drip tips
See here, these go OVER the 306 atomizer, the grommet is on inside, on the drip tip I have the orings are on outside:
http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/driptss306.htm

Is there such thing as a 306 that goes INSIDE a 306 atty?

Juicejunkey may be on to something. this measures 1cm across. The air hole looks to be 0.6cms ---Numbering lettering on it says HGDT0801A I should have looked before but I just got out the magnifying glass.

Maybe we can play pass the drip tip:
I'll send to Juice Junkey or loxmythe. If it fits their 801, they keep it.
If it doesn't, he has to mail it out to somebody with a 306 atty. If it fit that, then they keep it. :)
It will cost each of us about $1.64 to mail it out first class mail.
LOL At least this way, somebody gets it who can actually use it. Of course, that person must return to this topic to report "the eagle has landed." :)
Volunteers are wanted.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
drip2.jpg

That looks just like one I have that I bought at super - t.:"Shorty" Traditional Style 510/901 Stainless Steel T-Tip.
Super-T drip tips are slightly thicker than the usual 510. They do fit, 510 but I have to use some juice to slick it enough so it fits. I have a lot of euro drip tips and high end american made stainless steel that are much tight, Mark BuGS, Vapesyndacate, BUDZ WORX, Molehill Mountain, most of the more expensive ones are real tight.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
You should keep it racehorse. You never know when something new will come out and it will come in handy. Drip tips don't take up much space.

Back in the good old days when GoodProphets used to sell Delrin tips and adapters for 99 cents each, I bought a few of each. The eGo A was useful when my ego-T tanks gave me grief. I yanked the plate and used them as dripping attys.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
most of the more expensive ones are real tight.

anavidfan, this one isn't tight, it would be a physical IMPOSSIBILITY to use with a 510 carto.....we all measured. It is the same diameter at the cartos themselves, so it's not happening. :)

I know what you are sayng about tight, this isn't the case. "Looks like" doesn't work, since it's the actual measurements that tell what a drip tip can be used on.

BTW, I;ve bought Super T Manufacturing tips. I have many of them. They are nice and snug. As they should be.

(On the other hand, tight to the point of having to use pliers to remove a drip tip from a carto isn't a sign of well-made. Its a sign of clone or cheapie. Thankfully non of my genuine Super T SS tips are like that. )

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You should keep it racehorse. You never know when something new will come out and it will come in handy. Drip tips don't take up much space.

Hey, around my "farm" I might need it for a spacer or something. :)

I have a piece of electrical conduit I'm using now for a purpose other than what it was made to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread