Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy - and welcome

is that an eleaf istick 30w you are referring to? if so, i believe it has an internal battery (so no need for addtional battery there)... tank type will depend on a number of things - are you just starting vaping? mouth to lung vaping or direct lung hitting? I am going betting @Susan~S will be along with some good links for starting info

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

Where are you located? If you update your profile with where you live people can give recommendations on where to buy. Members here from all over the world.

I often recommend an iStick 30 watt (battery) with an Aspire Mini Nautillus or eLeaf GS Air M (tanks) to someone new to vaping. Videos below.

eLeaf iStick 30 Watt
Aspire Nautilus Mini
eLeaf GS Air M Tank

Picture of the Mini Nautilus on the iStick 30 watt

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

________

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
there are a number of very reputable suppliers listed via the forum suppliers link at top - i have used myvaporstore, sweet-vapes, myfreedomsmokes, vapordna, vaporbeast and several others... any 510 threaded tank (pretty much the majority of them) would fit on the istick, next question is going to revolve around making sure the 30watt istick has enough to power the coil heads (and power requirements are going to vary - for example, kanger subtank with 1.2 ohm horizontal coil 12-16 watts or so, new vertical 1.2 ohm coil on same tank 14-18 watts or so - and your 'sweet spot' may vary, depending on your preferences)

Ecigameister

Aug 28, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

Where are you located? If you update your profile with where you live people can give recommendations on where to buy. Members here from all over the world.

I often recommend an iStick 30 watt (battery) with an Aspire Mini Nautillus or eLeaf GS Air M (tanks) to someone new to vaping. Videos below.

eLeaf iStick 30 Watt
Aspire Nautilus Mini
eLeaf GS Air M Tank

Picture of the Mini Nautilus on the iStick 30 watt

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

________

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.
You're amazing! Thank you for all the information!

Reactions: Susan~S

Gregorsa

Aug 27, 2015
Hello and welcome!
As posted above the safest choices for getting into vaping are:

Aspire Nautilus/Nautilus mini
Eleaf GS Air

From personal experience, having both, I would say that GS Air coils love to work in higher power than the Nautilus coils and somehow have more airflow. Both give really good flavor, especially the Nautilus coils. GS Air though is considerably cheaper cause its not stainless steel made.

Choice is yours, both are excellent starting gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread