• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help is needed re; coughing or wanting to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
Hi all

I was vaping using a 510 until I ran out of juice and couldn't find anyone online in Cda that sells with nic....so....I went thru vape withdrawl and Ive been chewing nicorette and smoking analogs (not at the same time) for about a month while searching for a cdn vendor. I found you guys and now have a list of vendors in Canada and I have ordered some new juices.

Meanwhile I ordered a new bloog mini the other day and got it yesterday. My husband found some old juice in the back of the cupboard (skor flavour) and the ingredients list pg/vg/natural and artificial flavour. I assume the juice is a couple of years old at least. I have no idea on the ratio between PG and VG or the artificial ingredients. This juice was purchased from a site that is no longer onine here in Canada.

Anyway, I was all yaaaaa hooooooo because I could try the bloog so I filled the cart and took a haul and then.....felt like I was going to cough up a lung. This happens each time I take a hit on the bloog and I'm wondering why??

I can smoke cigs (current nic levels 0.8 to 2.3 mg) without this problem so what could be causing this?
sensitive to PG ? and or VG?
nic level in the juice (12mg) too high?
the bloog is just to darn much for me?
Arg.
Any help solving this mystery would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
If you are talking about vaping your juice that is a couple years old chances are the juice is expired and no good any more which could cause you some issues.

Now if this happens with your new juice chances are you are having a reaction to PG which is common, most people switch to 100% VG and have no problems after the switch.

Also if nic level is too high for you you would get a headrush and feel a bit dizzy not cough, NO ONE on here should tell you what level of nic you should vape, only YOU can know what is a good number for YOU

PS Welcome to ECF

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
Thanks for your reply! :)
I just did a little experiment. If I take a haul and inhale I either cough or get the urge to cough but if I take a haul, hold it in my mouth and slowly close my mouth to push the vape out of my mouth and up and inhale it thru my nose I don't cough or have the urge.
This is odd. Never happened before.

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
def not too big an inhale because....... otherwise I hiccup from too much nic ! I forgot about that. Ok so I've ruled out the nic level being too high. Weird I know but I've been smoking for over 30 yrs (god I hate saying that) and I just plain hiccup on nic overload. As far as a huge hit goes or amt of inhale....I'm not a slow draw kind of person. I just take a hit the exact same way I would if I were smoking a light cig. Hmmm

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
maybe it's too much of a TH? ? even for a little drag? I was using a 510 and now the bloog....

its a possibility, its also a possibility your juice is old you didnt tell me you were using new juice or that one you found that is 2+ years old, or it could be the PG as well

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
oh..lol sorry about that. Yes it could be 2 yrs old. I should have said how old. I'm going to try a test to see if it's the PG. I have some VG that i picked up from the health food store. I'll mix it with some water (as per some instruction I got from Jugheads) and see what happens when I vape with just that.

its a possibility, its also a possibility your juice is old you didnt tell me you were using new juice or that one you found that is 2+ years old, or it could be the PG as well

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
good luck with that

but dont forget, there are no known reactions to VG so its kind of pointless to do just that, chances are your juice is expired, juice only lasts 2years from date of production, now if you had some fresh juice, and had the 50-50 or 70-30 mix and you had a reaction, then its the pg

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
Well I just gave it a shot. Took a haul and cough cough cough so I think it has to be too much of a throat hit or too much warmth from the hit. Interesting. As I said above, if I smoke an analog this doesn't happen and if I take a hit off the bloog, hold it in my mouth then force it out while inhaling it thru the nose it doesn't happen. Thoughts?

good luck with that

but dont forget, there are no known reactions to VG so its kind of pointless to do just that, chances are your juice is expired, juice only lasts 2years from date of production, now if you had some fresh juice, and had the 50-50 or 70-30 mix and you had a reaction, then its the pg

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
Remember when you first smoked? coughing was the first thing happened. You learned to suppress the cough, short puffs shallow inhales. Over time your tolerance went up and you drew harder and deeper to get the hit you needed.
Now you started vaping on a 510, nice ecig, good draw, good hit, close to a real cig. Thing is better battery gives a bigger and denser vapor. Throats reaction, coughing. Old juice could be contributing too. Vaping is like smoking, first time you react with coughing but as tolerance goes up you'll be taking 5 sec draws and sucking it down into your lungs to get a hit. Or youll adapt and use it like a pipe, Draw into the mouth, taste the vapor and exhale.
Get fresh juice see how it goes, Try VG only, anything but cigarettes. Oh and remember that as you were using gum the nic is being adsorbed in your mouth not the throat and lungs, they are now less tolerant of nic.
Slow down, you don't have to do it all the first time or the second time, leaving smoking behind is the objective. Best of luck with it, when you get the right juice and kit it becomes easy but their is a learning curve. Their was with smoking too but it's so long ago we've forgotten.
Speaking as a 36 year roll up smoker.

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
I totally forgot about the learning curve with smoking! How true! All of your points make perfect sense. I will slow down and see how this goes.....and I'm sure fresh juice will help. I was just so gung ho about getting back into it. Might be a week+ before I get my new stuff. Ah well...back to chewing gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread