Help!iStick 50w and Kanger nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittykat82

Jun 17, 2015
Hi all. Please help. I just upgraded my iStick 20w to an iStick 50w and I picked up a Kanger Nano tank. From what I've read, a lot of people love this setup, but I am not digging it at all! I've adjusted the airflow but the tank get so hot and vaping is just not enjoyable anymore. It burns and makes popping noises and sometimes I end up with hot juice in my mouth. I just switched the coil (.5 to 1.2) today hoping that would help, but it still sucks. I've tried all different settings and I can't find anything I like. The juice tastes gross and it burns really bad. And now I'm preferring cigs again which is a major downer. Anyhow, please give me some pointers and or advice. This is so frustrating :(

MasteroftheVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Columbia, IL, USA
The nano should work fine at 15 watts. When you replaced the coil, did you replace the juice too? Once a coil burns out it can ruin whatever is in the tank.

I would wash your tank out, put a new coil in and try it on the 20watt box set at 15 and see how it works. Then move it to the 50 watt set at the same and try again.
I have never seen a bad istick that would put out more wattage than displayed but have heard of it on the forums. You set it at 10 or 15 but whenever you hit the button it pushes max voltage anyway. You could have a lemon

Reactions: Kittykat82

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
My friend has an istick 30 that was defective and putting out enough watts to pop her coils regardless of settings. When you lower it do you notice any change?

I'm not a fan of the subtank really. It gets hot quick and isn't a very flavorful vape. I prefer the delta 2. The nano is especially small and yeah it doesn't dissipate heat very well because of the lack of surface area.

Popping is good and as a coil breaks in that should die down some. Different juices will respond differently. I have one flavor that pops like crazy and another that's silent. So it's coil and juice dependent, and lowering the power should lower the amount of popping.

You said juice is getting in your mouth, do you mean it's flooding and you're sucking up juice, or the spray from the popping. I've put a piece of paper towel in the drip tip to prevent spray back on juice that pops too much for the first few tanks as the coil breaks in to prevent the splashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread