HELP!!! K100 lock ring is seized and unit fires when tightened

Status
Not open for further replies.

djslik

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA
Just got my Teal K100 in from fasttech and the Lock Ring is seized in the open position. I might soak it in Liquid Wrench or PB Blast today and even try some Kroil, but if that doesn't work do you guys think it will be safe to blast with a butane torch? I know that it's stainless and I've used a butane torch to turn my IGO-W from stainless to gold so I'm worried it will discolor my switch assembly.

Also another scary thing is when I had it in 18650 mode it would fire my IGO-W if I tightened too much. Is that normal for the K100? I tried it on my EH PRO EA Clone and Sentinel M16 Brass clone and neither one had the same issues.

Right now I'm not sure if I'm in love with the K100, I really want to like it I do, but we'll see.

djslik

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA
Okay put a little of PB blast on it and screwed it back on to the body, finally loosened up. That thing was on there tight, so that's issue #1 taken care of.

Tried a second AW IMR 18650 and my Pro Tank, same thing too tight and it fires.

So it seems that the only thing preventing the battery from touch the firing pin is the plastic spacer. I pushed the spacer/spring down as far as I could and I think the pin protrudes slightly beyond the spacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread