The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help! Lotus le80 auto firing!

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by TxParamedic, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TxParamedic

TxParamedic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I took a drag off my lotus le80 last night let off the button and it just keeps firing! Had to pull the batts to get it to stop. I cant find anything online about replacement switches or any tutorials on taking it apart
    Is it trash or can I fix/replace the switch?
    If you can't tell I'm no modder and somewhat mechanically inept.

2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I can't answer this is any way but based on your own words, contact whoever you bought it from for a replacement.

3. TxParamedic

It's out of warranty and lotus does not sell replacement parts. They did give me a discount code for their website and customer service was as helpful as they could be under the circumstances.

4. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    The BB-style button on the LE80 can get crud around it and stick. You can try cleaning the switch with isopropyl alcohol to see if that helps. You can access it better if you remove the plastic plate that is on top of the batteries (the one that states “removal voids warranty.” Since that ship has sailed, remove away!).

Of course, remove the batteries before doing any of this.

If the switch continues to stick you can switch off the mod with the power switch. Moving it down one notch cuts the power. Don’t move it down two notches since that will NOT cut the power (it will show the battery voltage but will keep firing).

• Like Like x 1
  5. TxParamedic

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

6. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    If you can't get it to work, ecig.com has the LE80 on sale at the moment for $19.

7. TxParamedic

Cool, Thanks! It's like 60 bucks on the lotus site!

8. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Do you like yours? I was thinking of grabbing a couple.

9. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I like mine (have 2 of them). I got it mainly as a beater mod about a year or so ago and it has not let me down yet. It’s not very sophisticated – just a potentiometer to control voltage – but simple can be good. The build quality is decent for the price point I paid (I think it was about $30'ish for each). It has a rubberized coating that has held up pretty well. I really like the fire button position – very comfortable for me to use.

The biggest downside for me has been that if I get a little juice on the outside it’s hard to clean off due to the rubberized finish.

Problems to date have been limited to one of the battery door magnets falling off. I lost it, but even with just one magnet it stays shut since the door slides in and out on a groove.

For $19 it’s a steal. Plus, ecig.com also usually has coupon codes floating around that will knock off another 5% or so.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Awesome! Yeah, I was wondering how it would stand up over time.
    Thanks a ton for your time.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.