• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help making the change from tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevjns

Jan 25, 2016
Hi all

Well im looking for a new E-cig and thought ide ask some of the more experienced vapers on some recommendations.

I'm a heavy chain smoker so it's got to be something I can use daily in work etc.

Ive used a kanger subox kit but didnt find it very good, could be my inexperience. Taste was constantly burnt or hot.

I'm interested in the build your own rba stuff quite happy if I can just stick in normal and maybe sub ohm coils etc.

cheers guys

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome @kevjns

Really sorry i can't help you with build your own RBA stuff as I've never got into doing so myself :(

Where abouts are you in the UK? We have several regular Vape meets over on AAE-C UK & if you could get to one of them, there would be plenty of folks to help you :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Hi all

Well im looking for a new E-cig and thought ide ask some of the more experienced vapers on some recommendations.

I'm a heavy chain smoker so it's got to be something I can use daily in work etc.

Ive used a kanger subox kit but didnt find it very good, could be my inexperience. Taste was constantly burnt or hot.

I'm interested in the build your own rba stuff quite happy if I can just stick in normal and maybe sub ohm coils etc.

cheers guys

I'd like to help you if I could. Are you looking for something small, pocket friendly?

If so, there is a Mod called a GDNA, which has a bottle of juice next to the battery. You squeeze the juice into the atomizer which has a hole in the bottom....called a Bottom Feeder or Squonker.

If you use the search function at the top of the page here you should find a lot of reading about GDNA Mods, also called Gdeals, they have DNA 40 chips in the mods, you can use temperature control if you want.

Personally, I love bottom fed mods, they fit in a shirt pocket easily, are not heavy at all.

Additionally, DJ at Lush Mods & Drip Tips has a thread on this forum, he sells the Mods. I think if you try one, you won't do back to conventional glass tank atomizer mods

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Burnt or hot, to me, was to much power. I think many stay in the 10-25 watt area with simple, non-sub ohm, coils and tanks. Probably best to head over to the Clearomiser sub-forum and read user experiences. Personally, I don't use them so I am not the best to be specific.

When I first started vaping, and I switched overnight, I didn't really care about flavor, style, bottom-feeding or anything other than replacing the nicotine. I vaped 24mg and only when I had an urge. I learned that it worked.

Once I felt comfortable and confident, then I considered branching out.

Reactions: inspects

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Burnt or hot, to me, was to much power. I think many stay in the 10-25 watt area with simple, non-sub ohm, coils and tanks. Probably best to head over to the Clearomiser sub-forum and read user experiences. Personally, I don't use them so I am not the best to be specific.

When I first started vaping, and I switched overnight, I didn't really care about flavor, style, bottom-feeding or anything other than replacing the nicotine. I vaped 24mg and only when I had an urge. I learned that it worked.

Once I felt comfortable and confident, then I considered branching out.

Indeed...Like FF said, if you're a heavy smoker, 24-36 mg nicotine will do the trick, like him, I too quit smoking the same day I began vaping using 24 mg nicotine. All you need is the proper nicotine and a simple mod.

I used a Spinner II with an aspire tank until I found bottom feeders. Problem with the Spinner batteries and similar is poor battery life.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Hi keV look at something like a cuboid and Crius v3 clone from fasttech save you a tidy sum but ordering from China this time of year does add to the de!ivery time. Cuboid is a decent low cost mod that has all the features you could want even if you don't use them and use's a pretty decent chip. Now some will say the Crius is better off for experienced user's as it's a dual coil tank but with a bit of time it is near idiot proof I got it working perfectly for me after just less then half a tank of liquid. A coil master v3 coiling kit might also be something you find useful has made coiling near effortless for me and saves my hands a bit of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread