Help Me Before I Accessorize Again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
New vaper here. Have been smoking a pack and a half for almost 40 years. I started Monday night with my new 510 and haven't wanted a "realweed" since. You would think I could count up all the money I save so far, but no dice!

Today I got my accessory order from madvapes. The 5 volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough is kicking my ....! Totally awesome. I also got the 2 amp A/C to USB Adapter (because no amount of vapor is worth frying my motherboard on my laptop) and the Car Charger to USB Adapter for the car. I'm charging the 510 "sit and go" passthough now and will let you all know how that works when I get a chance.

The vendor also sent me a free sample of their 'Top Vapor Fried Apple 24mg' e-liquid. When I saw it, I thought "Fried Apples???" Ugh! But man, is it good. I can't put it down. The Cola flavor is ok. But because I can't stop with the Fried Apples, I haven't been able to check out the RY4 (which was the only item I originally went online to buy).

Now I'm waiting for my Joye eGo from Nhaler which I ordered last night (with a bunch of other accessories that "I absolutely, positively had to have"!!) I think it's gonna be a while before I can actually say that I'm saving money by not buying analogs!!

This is getting ridiculous!
Oh well.......
Rich

PS: Tip for us Noobs: ALWAYS CHECK THE VENDORS SECTION OF THE FORUM FOR SPECIAL DEALS AND DISCOUNT CODES. I've saved so much money, I have none left!

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
:)

I'm going through the same routine. I'm on my 3rd or 4th order from places, I've got more bits and pieces kicking around here than I know what to do with. I've got pre-filled carts, empty carts, batts, LR attys, juice a-plenty and still, and still, I'm going to order more 'stuff' tonight.

I assume that when the dust clears and we decide what works, the costs will even out. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Good luck! (we'll need it)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Don't get into building mods or you'll really know what spending is. I finally got enough devices but my problem now is the sales the vendors have. I can't pass up a good deal and have enough juice for quite some time. I still have to finish building 2 mods, one that will be outdated before I get it done. Good luck.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Welcome to ECF Rich! Yep, and the fun never stops! I've been vaping over a year now and I still can't stop the buying. I have an obsession with buying 5-10 ml bottles of every flavor e-liquid I think sounds good. Those little bottles are everywhere!! And with all the new US made stuff out there, the supply is never ending...

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
You guys are not helping.
From what I can tell, this may not be a "noob" thing. I've got the feeling in the long run, this is gonna be more expensive than analogs (but healthier and a heck of a lot more fun!)

I do have a question: I just can't stop vaping the Fried Apple liquid I got today from Madvapes. Do these flavors stick around or are they always changing? By that, I mean if I find a flavor I really like, is it likely to be available a month or two down the road or do they come and go a lot?

Rich

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
My 2 cents.......

Attachments

• economy in peril.jpg
    economy in peril.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 6

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I'm sorry. The Accessorizer's Helpline on the forum is currently very full. Please continue purchasing until all funds are depleted.

Very, very full. I've given up and will just continue buying more stuff. My first cartomizers arrived today, my eGo about a week ago, new juices will probably be next. And battery box mods have started calling to me but I think I can hold off on that for least a week - maybe.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I hear you. I only discovered ecigs a couple of weeks ago and I already gave my 510 kit to the Mrs, I have two Screwdrivers. I just finished building my 6v mod and am using it as I type. Have heaps of juice in the fridge and heaps more on order. It's going to take me 6 months to break even at this rate. Oh and I have parts for 3 more mods on the way as well. Man this is more addictive than smoking used to be. :ohmy:

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
I'm sorry. The Accessorizer's Helpline on the forum is currently very full. Please continue purchasing until all funds are depleted.

NOT a problem. Wait - I meant, "not THE problem". Funds depletion - THAT'S the problem...

I assume that when the dust clears and we decide what works, the costs will even out. At least that's what I tell my wife.

*points at sig below*

Have heaps of juice in the fridge and heaps more on order.

Wait - juice needs to live in the fridge? Oh, man, my roommate is gonna kill me. The freezer is already full of LUSH (super yummy smelling bath products) and I may have to buy a small deep freeze for the extra I want to buy now I can actually smell all that LUSHie goodness... If I fill the fridge with nicotine, he's going to call the men in the white coats.

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Welcome and yes this new vaping experience for me was pretty expensive at first, mainly because I was afraid of running out of attys, or needing new batteries, and I don't even want to think of the money spent on Juice....Had to try all the flavors everyone keeps talking about....Well, that lasted about 4-6 weeks....Now, I am down to about 4-6 flavors that I like and still have plenty of attys and batteries to last for the entire year....Cost,,,,went down to zero for these past 2-3 weeks...I guess it all equials out in the end....But, my health is a lot better....and that to me is the main thing...
Again, Welcome and Enjoy the Experience...

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Wait - juice needs to live in the fridge? Oh, man, my roommate is gonna kill me... If I fill the fridge with nicotine, he's going to call the men in the white coats.

Actually no not in the fridge...just clean, dry, airtight if possible, and out of direct sunlight...most people look at the storage temp suggestions for e-juice and it doesn't click that it's in Celsius...

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I started keeping a spreadsheet of my expenditures for the beginning with a comparison of how much I used to spend a day on analogs. Doing so, I can clearly see what I'm saving... over $350 in the 3 months I've been vaping in fact. Of course, I was also a heavy smoker at 2 packs a day.

Like minds... I started a spreadsheet early on to keep track of my juice trials using a 7 or 8 point grading system. I'm afraid to track my expenses. What we don't see can't hurt us, right? Works for ostriches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread